Game Balance

Our project continues to evolve. Here we publish our future plans related to the game balance.

We plan to give the ships of different tiers unique bonuses. For example: a module to delay the shooting from a railgun and so on. That is why, in addition to the obvious purpose of having balanced power ships, our goal is to bring ships of different tiers into one battle.

Version 0.5.3, and before: The gap between different tier ships and their equipment was big. It is obvious that precluded any unique bonuses in battle you can comfortably go to war only against an opponent’s level. DPS gap tiers T1-T5 and guns reached 300%. When installed on a ship, weapon modifiers T5 modules and their improved weapon skills difference for DPS to be 500%. The modules/survival skills and greater security of ships, the difference in total “strength” between ships of the T1 and T5+ could reach up to 3000%.

Starting with version 0.5.4 this rupturing is a correction to an acceptable level based on survivability and firepower of ships. Reduced difference in the characteristics of the ships, weapons and modules as you move from one level to another. Increase TTX ship, depending on the level of synergy changed. We believe a sufficient total difference on “force” between T1 and T4 is by 400%.

Here are examples of changes in the balance of the ships:

* The difference between DPS from main weapons T1 and T5 is approximately 66%, instead of 300%

* Difference between the ships reservation T1 and T5 is approximately 66%, instead of 400%

* The difference in total “strength” T1-T5+ is about 400%, instead of 3000%

Thus, pumping ships will be giving not just growth, but growth of TACTICAL combat capabilities of players by increasing the number of slots for the various modules.

We believe that in the long term in a random team in addition to the main mass of ships at the same level must attend several ships on the level above or below.

Our vision to balance ship can be described by the following provisions:

-Reasonably limit the influence of top-ships in the battle. The pilot of top-ships will on the one hand have some advantages in technical aspects, this should encourage him to take the initiative in combat, boldly (but not reckless!) go to capture the enemy beacon or attack the enemy ships. On the other hand he should not be able to solo fight a complete battle.

-Avarage Pilots will feel more confident on the field of battle without fear of masthead ships and having the opportunity to protect junior pilots.

-Junior pilots must be sure that with some luck and skill, they can do well in this fight and earn reputation for that.

Junior level ships should be able to make a significant contribution to the overall result of the battle, even when meeting with the top-end ships.

-Assistance in the destruction of enemy ships;

-Clearing and capturing the enemy Beacons;

-protecting Beacons of your team

-Assistance and support to allies.

Also it seems to us as an important opportunity to be able to fight with your friends on different levels level and help them to rank up a little bit faster.

Sounds good at the first look. Even if I am a bit skeptical if this will really work as you imagine. But worth a try for sure.

Alright. Going to give it another go. I’m glad to hear that you finally saw the massive imbalance in mixed=tier fights. It was becoming detrimental to play.

I’ll give it another go :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S.- I’m impressed with the download speed. Seems you guys have been working on your servers :smiley:

Alright. Going to give it another go. I’m glad to hear that you finally saw the massive imbalance in mixed=tier fights. It was becoming detrimental to play.

I’ll give it another go :stuck_out_tongue:

You see the player feedback is not ignored;)

Just Compare a T1 and T2 ship now from the shop and you will see the stats are almost the same.

You see the player feedback is not ignored;)

Just Compare a T1 and T2 ship now from the shop and you will see the stats are almost the same.

Oh, I never thought it was ignored. If I thought that, I wouldn’t have posted anything :slight_smile:

Its nice to see you act on the feedback fairly quick given how long it takes to change so many things and keep it fairly well balanced and at the same time not make higher end stuff not worth the grind due to been only a tiny boost.

I just hope the 300% dps gap might still be a little to much but we will not know till we have alot of time to test it.

Its nice to see you act on the feedback fairly quick given how long it takes to change so many things and keep it fairly well balanced and at the same time not make higher end stuff not worth the grind due to been only a tiny boost.

I just hope the 300% dps gap might still be a little to much but we will not know till we have alot of time to test it.

I think 300% should be ok because from T1 till T5 it is a long way and you hope to see an advantage after your hard fights.

I too am glad to see the balance problem being worked on and cant wait to try it out, if only i could download faster than 40 kbs i could find out even faster lol.

I think 300% should be ok because from T1 till T5 it is a long way and you hope to see an advantage after your hard fights.

I think 300% is fine, too. I certainly think that spending that much time working to upgrade your equipment should give you an advantage. My only problem was with the fact that I had to fight these ships in unbalanced matches. (2 Tier 1 vs 2 Tier 2 happened often)

oh neato

downloading the patch now

but is the main problem fixed yet?

balance between tiers is a nice change yet the 2 main problems are still here.

desintegrator and smartbombs still ruin the game and theres not a single word about that

how about balancing a flying coffin(raptor) and the harpy?

oh and lasers,oh~ those lasers.

oh neato

downloading the patch now

but is the main problem fixed yet?

balance between tiers is a nice change yet the 2 main problems are still here.

lulzsnipa and dumbbombs still ruin the game and theres not a single word about that

how about balancing a flying coffin(raptor) and the icansnipetankandmakeeverbodyaroundmemeltinseconds (harpy)?

oh and lasers,oh~ those lasers.

If you checked the last patches there were already a few patches for desintegrator and smartbombs and in this patch is also a change for the desintegrator.

And please keep your posts friendly.

If you checked the last patches there were already a few patches for desintegrator and smartbombs and in this patch is also a change for the desintegrator.

And please keep your posts friendly.

i didnt mean any malice towards anyone

but calling them anything else is a joke because its exactly what they are

desin is still as OP as ever, the whole idea of sniping in a big map is OP, especialy when the sniper tanks the most and has a go away button called Pulsar to be honest, its still a complete killer to any ship below the frig class and the problem isnt being fixed while the whole playerbase is abusing it

forgive me for calling things what they are ,the devs gave the playerbase an auto win ship , the playerbase abused it aside from a few,

they got rich they got high tiers and they have an advanced tree tech so far away from players who didnt abuse thats its ridiculus

then we get a class choice that basicly denied the people a choice in ships and the federation got completly shafted (the freedom to die! :3)

i still dont see any kind of change that would give me hope for this

i love this game and its idea, but nothing major is being done(how many times can you try and nerf a god?)

i WANT to support it and play , we make threads , we talk to eachother ingame (although for the life of me i wish i knew russian)

im on the forums to do my job as a CBT player and an OBT player, report issues and give feedback so we can _ ALL _ enjoy playing.

edit: the desint is changed? how? why isnt it in the main post?

ninja patches are nice, but most of us wont be able to know unless its addressed

im a blind idiot :smiley:

fixed grammar where i could, sorry.

Here is the part from the patchlog:

Weapons and modules: Class modules ( F button)

* The damage from “Combat drones” and “Plasma Web” is now affected by the power of the basic weapons

* Changed the mechanics of “Desintegrator”:

-No more instant hits, the projectil needs some time to reach the target

-First damaging the shield and than the hull

-Increased rate of fire

The feedback of the players is collected and the devs are trying to do their best to fulfill the wishes of the community.

A lot of things which were requested by the community have been realized and this will go on in the future.

Since I am in another position I see all the bugs which get reported by the players and most of them are fixed in a very short time.

I did not test the new balance from the desintegrator, because I had a lot of stuff to do today, but I will check it tonight or tomorrow so we can have a more detailed talk.

the new update is realy a huge step but its not quite there yet

i havnt encountered a full team of hydras yet but for now it seems the desin is realy ok, although i still strongly object to the whole idea of it.

i do need to apologize though, i havnt checked the complete log because i simply didnt see it, i figured itl be up in a short while and thats why i was surprised about the desin changes you mentioned(edited my earlier post accordingly)

still, the manuverability of raptors is still a problem(even comparing to hydras), i guess free cam is a must here.

thanks for the hard work, and sorry my post seem sarcastic or anything, i realy dont mean them to be.

Every update is a step towards release and even after the release a game is far away from being complete, because there are always things that can be added.

I know the feelings of a player, because I am also playing the game and not only doing the forum.

We are still in beta and there have been a lot of improvements in game balance and we hope that it will be done soon.

Just enjoy the game and feel free to give as many feedback as you wish.

I agree. The desin is much more balanced now.

I agree the game is better balanced now, maby a little too balanced but lets not nerf the upper Tier classes tooooo much, i mean if you do than why in the heck are we grinding to get higher ranked and more powerful ships, lets not ask for too much gimping lol.

Cuz higher ships are still able to equip more different modules.

• I guess, at some point in the future, when other game modes will be implemented, the advantage through higher rank ships will grow again.

lasers are still a problem though

the ability to hide yourself from radar when youre behind rocks doesnt help either

popping people from afar is just wrong =

When someone is sniping, go after them, they are not unreachable. It is all about tactics, when someone is sniping at me i hide behind a rock till they loose interest, it gives the game an element of surprise, u sometimes just cant waltz into a beacon and take it whenever u please, oh wait there is a ship here i didnt see. U just have to fly smart and be ready for anything. I have got snipped plenty of times and will get snipped many more, it just makes me more determined to go after them.