Future changes in game economy

This is yet to be seen how it will be done.

For certain I don’t like Ninja changes like we had with monocrystals where all my old monos were merged with new and now I have 1000/500.

I wonder what is real purpose of this recent LOW LIMIT restrictions that we get? I get spammed with messages now after each game and I don’t like this at all.

When ever you announce some new so called ''better" changes I get scared, I wonder why is that so? Do you wonder as well? If you don’t wonder you should start.

More diversity. More. And simplify the GUI.

23 hours ago, Deelena said:

The number of Galactic Credits on the pilots’ accounts will now also have a limit of 500 million. 

I got nearly two billion Credits, and now you plan to do this change. Why?! I am already annoyed by constant spam in my Mail-Box for Free Synergy!

Why do you want to screw your remaining, most loyal (Veteran/Elite) player base, at least what’s left of it, those, who still are still playing to this day?

This is a personal attack against long-time supporters of this game! There’s no reason to play this game anymore when you inhibit/prevent the ability to get currencies!

If not for the effort of certain individuals, their spent time, hundreds of bug reports, suggestions, and everything else, then this game would have been in much worse condition than it is.

Do the changes, but EXCLUDE the cap limit on Credits! We don’t need the cap on the most common currency in this game!

5 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

For certain I don’t like Ninja changes like we had with monocrystals where all my old monos were merged with new and now I have 1000/500.

WhAt DiD yOu SaY

4 hours ago, Koromac said:

I got nearly two billion Credits, and now you plan to do this change. Why?! I am already annoyed by constant spam in my Mail-Box for Free Synergy!

Why do you want to screw your remaining, most loyal (Veteran/Elite) player base, at least what’s left of it, those, who still are still playing to this day?

This is a personal attack against long-time supporters of this game! There’s no reason to play this game anymore when you inhibit/prevent the ability to get currencies!

If not for the effort of certain individuals, their spent time, hundreds of bug reports, suggestions, and everything else, then this game would have been in much worse condition than it is.

Do the changes, but EXCLUDE the cap limit on Credits! We don’t need the cap on most common currency in this game!

I can guarantee 99% of longterm players do not have that many credits saved up.

Just drop your credits into containers, problem solved

I still have a little over 1 billion, if the containers are worth it I will drop down to 500 Mil, if not, then I hope they will find good ways to make us spend them on other things.

5 hours ago, xKostyan said:

I can guarantee 99% of longterm players do not have that many credits saved up.

Just drop your credits into containers, problem solved

No, thank you. 500 mill limit, when to equip properly your new ship can cost 50-70 millions? When a single Ellydium ship needs 380 millions? Take a look at some of the modules - you can easily see some more often used ones cost 5 mill for craft + few more for upgrades. I am sorry, but no. I was asked once to drop over 50k GS bought for my own money into containers to “avoid destabilizing the economy” and I got absolutely nothing valuable for that. Every single time I play I am just getting mails with “resource over limit” while my Tai’kin is still missing few nodes because I cannot get those required resources to unlock them. So in summary every single game ends with “hahaha, you wanted some resources? Here you go! Oh-oh you are over limit! you will see them destroyed in one hour/24 hours”. And the feeling of futility is just wrong. Instead of “hey we won very hard battle against Gladiator and his squad” there are few messages in my inbox reminding that all resources gained in that battle will be destroyed. Limits are just wrong. Now there will be another message added to them and watching the amount of credits going down after each battle will just add to the feeling of futility in this game. 

This is just WRONG.

Simplifying resources is in most cases a good idea so lets just wait it out and see what happens, personally i hate vouchers for instance, always have and always will. On the other hand credits wont be dirt cheap and will have some value when used instead of vouchers for instance, i just hope that the upgrade prices will be scaled down accordingly otherwise changing things like this has no purpose. 

5 hours ago, OwnageMaster said:

No, thank you. 500 mill limit, when to equip properly your new ship can cost 50-70 millions? When a single Ellydium ship needs 380 millions? Take a look at some of the modules - you can easily see some more often used ones cost 5 mill for craft + few more for upgrades. I am sorry, but no. I was asked once to drop over 50k GS bought for my own money into containers to “avoid destabilizing the economy” and I got absolutely nothing valuable for that. Every single time I play I am just getting mails with “resource over limit” while my Tai’kin is still missing few nodes because I cannot get those required resources to unlock them. So in summary every single game ends with “hahaha, you wanted some resources? Here you go! Oh-oh you are over limit! you will see them destroyed in one hour/24 hours”. And the feeling of futility is just wrong. Instead of “hey we won very hard battle against Gladiator and his squad” there are few messages in my inbox reminding that all resources gained in that battle will be destroyed. Limits are just wrong. Now there will be another message added to them and watching the amount of credits going down after each battle will just add to the feeling of futility in this game. 

This is just WRONG.

Premium License will be completely worthless to me after this supposed change.

The only thing that counts for me right now is the +50% Credits boost bonus.

When they’ll do this, they’ll basically tell me that the Premium license that I bought and own is just a money waster with no benefits whatsoever.

You obviously have no idea what you’re doing at this point, neither you care about it. You don’t reply to our feedback at all.

I can tell you that if I know at least a handful of players who have more than I do. Some have several billion Credits more than I do. And yes, those players invested a lot in this game.

But it seems like that you want to get rid of them. At least, that’s how they will understand it as well.

ALL of my RESOURCES are already fully capped.

This includes Neodium, Beryllium and Electrum, all of it! Monocrystals as well, Free synergy as well, now, if you plan to do this ridiculous change, Credits!

Even if there will be such containers for sale for Credits, I will have 0 use for them! They will still end up in the Junk Box.

Well, except if they provide SPECIAL MODULE COMPONENTS for the Executor and Boremys! That’s the only thing that I am MISSING!

[@Akaurl](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/241018-akaurl/)

[@CinnamonFake](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/257821-cinnamonfake/)

[@Deelena](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/261527-deelena/)

While you’re at it, why don’t you limit the Iridium currency as well? I got over 65k+ Iridium stockpiled and counting. Why not put the cap limit to, like,15000 Iridium?

Then there will be no need to play Special Operations and Sector Conquest.

Do you dare to do this?

16 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

Simplifying resources is in most cases a good idea so lets just wait it out and see what happens, personally i hate vouchers for instance, always have and always will. On the other hand credits wont be dirt cheap and will have some value when used instead of vouchers for instance, i just hope that the upgrade prices will be scaled down accordingly otherwise changing things like this has no purpose. 

Prices will most likely stay the same.

Why is it that everyone posting here opposes the limits, for one or another reason, and no one talks about the reason of the limits/caps which is no other from the need to log on the game DAILY and grind. That makes a game populated and keeps it online…

Food for thought, how about making the game trully interesting instead. That would surely create the need to log on daily - hence the game will continue to be online and populated [game online and well populated=high value game in the industry] - but for a DIFFERENT reason : its FUN to be online at THIS game. As is, limits/caps aim at one thing and one thing only: prolong the grind so that players will be online, poor policy imo.

Come to think of it, Star Citizen also had something like this in mind with the currency, putting a limit at 150.000, but you can’t keep your items from one phase to another, and so they will be converted back into their credit value, but since some of them added up and even costed more than 150k, they would just disappear, so to not have people lose their credits, they removed the cap altogether, but it doesn’t end here, since the game is in alpha the currency is not going to be transferred to the full release, but you CAN buy the currency that you can use once the game is released, so with no limit the whales will have stacks of money and will outright start to take control over the economy and give new players almost no chance of surviving in the game, so this leaves us with a dilemma, you either have no limit, and the hoarders will take control, or you have a limit and make it fair for everyone BUT the people who are dedicated with their time and wallet will hit a hard ceiling at some point and everything they do past that won’t count, it’s not easy to make it fair both for newbies and vets, one side will have to suffer, Star Citizen might have time to sort it out until the release, but just because it’s been in development since 2011, and it’s still in alpha.

1 hour ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Come to think of it, Star Citizen also had something like this in mind with the currency, putting a limit at 150.000, but you can’t keep your items from one phase to another, and so they will be converted back into their credit value, but since some of them added up and even costed more than 150k, they would just disappear, so to not have people lose their credits, they removed the cap altogether, but it doesn’t end here, since the game is in alpha the currency is not going to be transferred to the full release, but you CAN buy the currency that you can use once the game is released, so with no limit the whales will have stacks of money and will outright start to take control over the economy and give new players almost no chance of surviving in the game, so this leaves us with a dilemma, you either have no limit, and the hoarders will take control, or you have a limit and make it fair for everyone BUT the people who are dedicated with their time and wallet will hit a hard ceiling at some point and everything they do past that won’t count, it’s not easy to make it fair both for newbies and vets, one side will have to suffer, Star Citizen might have time to sort it out until the release, but just because it’s been in development since 2011, and it’s still in alpha.

Such a thing should have been in the game since the official release, exactly four years ago.

Why would I even want to play now when everything that I do, goes to waste?

Why would you even want to play if you have everything? Hoarded resources for nothing are as good as the ones spent on nothing.

3 hours ago, ComWittman said:

limits/caps aim at one thing and one thing only: prolong the grind so that players will be online, poor policy imo.

Mhm

50 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Why would you even want to play if you have everything? Hoarded resources for nothing are as good as the ones spent on nothing.

So that he can instantly build everything as soon as it is released, instead of grinding for it like everyone else does.

From my experience in the game, the resource limits aren’t for prolonging grind directly, but that was an intended side-effect of making it so that players cannot just hold on to resources so they can build everything as soon as it is released.

I would like to exchange credits for Golden Standards. I need many modules for my Taikin farmer.

2 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Credits are the most common, yet most vital currency. That’s the only reason that I had at least some use due to Premium license.

There should be no restrictions on the most commonly used currency.

Monocrystals were understandable, but you’re all forgetting how expensive Ellydium ships really are!

Most blueprints are not cheap either!

It will cost you over half a billion (the Waz’Got was even more expensive).

Example:

Developers claimed in the past (in private correspondence) that they will never actually try to limit the most common currency - Credits.

I asked them about this, their thoughts on possible Cap Limit on the Credits. I got assured that there is nothing to worry about.

That was like (almost) a year ago, but the message was clear. Credits are left out and will not be subjected to any sort of limit. Period.

Sure, they can do what they want, but in doing so, they will do more damage than they ever did so far. It’s almost as stupid as the Item cap in Storage/Workshop.

They learned absolutely nothing in that regard.

It looks like they want to continue sabotaging their own ‘project’, which is their right.

However, by doing so, there may be a lot more detrimental effects and unforeseen consequences when it comes to game development.

Such a change should be implemented over four years ago, but not now. The Credits cap could have been set at 3 to 5 Billion Credits back then.

Now, they seem to be breaking every word they give, in public or private correspondence.

You can bet that the majority of players who have over 500 million Credits will leave this game for good.

It won’t be enough to unlock all the newest blueprints and pay for the nodes for a single Elldium ship, that much I can tell you!

You’re not likely to do it all at once, especially on ships like Waz’Got and Tai’Kin in which the big bottlenecks are the node resources, and where did they say that the credits are not getting a limit?

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

So that he can instantly build everything as soon as it is released, instead of grinding for it like everyone else does.

From my experience in the game, the resource limits aren’t for prolonging grind directly, but that was an intended side-effect of making it so that players cannot just hold on to resources so they can build everything as soon as it is released.

As a long-time player, I think I won’t break the game if I get something right away.

I supported this game long enough with my own money, not to mention suggestions and numerous (hundreds) of bug reports.

1% to 0,0001% won’t break the game or endanger its existence! This is just an excuse.

This change will most likely affect less than one hundred people in this game. Yes, it’s a speculation at this point, but not nearly enough to break the game’s economy.

To be clear, this change, even if it happens, won’t affect me, but it will make any progress that I make, pointless.

There are not even ‘Ore’ resources in the trophies screen available, only Credits. All for nothing.

Why put the most loyal/supportive players at a disadvantage now?

We are/were the ones who actively support/ed and made this game possible to come to this point.

This is no longer an Alpha or Open Beta release!