Front blaster is breaking games.

10 hours ago, g4borg said:

I actually used it pre patch, but then it was unviable against the deconstructors

Yesterday I could not help myself but re-equip it, since if so many are using it, you have to use it back. Same goes for the Orelus with the long range 8km laser. Which is insane. So I brought that too. But that’s disgusting too, to play. It feels so honorless.

i was like, what has facebook to do with all of this ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

Yup. I don’t use a damn thing I say that’s broken. Ever. Those garbage players that do just to abuse it and have fun I pitty.

On 13.3.2018 at 12:12 PM, g4borg said:

i doubt homing missiles will keep you from being erazed.

not always but always more often(“nicht immer, aber immer öfter”)

On 13.3.2018 at 12:26 PM, TheDerpNukem said:

Well the Golden Eagle is just gonna do a lap around the map to wait on cooldowns then come back and obliterate what hopes and dreams you had.

well, they can be dangerous, but now not all are ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

More to come.

[@xKostyan](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/236074-xkostyan/)

2 minutes ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

More to come.

[@xKostyan](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/236074-xkostyan/)

You do know that you don’t have to fly forward to achieve a required speed for maximum dmg? Combine that with some coolant for a weapon and w/e you are showing here would be peanuts. 

The weapon should most likely go back to the drawing board(a topic for another discussion is the whole Idea of weapons specific to a given model of a ship is dumb to begin with).

For starters, being locked to only firing directly forward is not enough of a disadvantage for an interceptor to have this much of a DPS boost over other weapons.

Secondly, that disadvantage is almost completely negated by all the aim-assisstance and non-weapon stats the weapon provides.

Finally, the speed gating on the damage/range is completely superfluous, the weapon should have consistent parameters regardless of movement pattern and the play style encouraged should be implied by those, not a compulsion of an explicit gating mechanic.

Ideally, the weapon’s list of special characteristics should just read: No turret rotation.

Perhaps it should also be a thermal weapon, because that’s the damage type of other big alpha weapons(Torpedoes, Disintegrator, etc.).

You wanted proof [@xKostyan](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/236074-xkostyan/) here you go. This test is with ‘Conformist booster’ applied, and most of the time it’s on EM. I have about 270/340 resistance at all times with this booster and in these select scenes. 

[@IFreakinLoveBass](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/257278-ifreakinlovebass/)

Proof of what?

I saw quite a few references to a Front Blaster coming with an aimbot and that it shouldn’t. The thing is, Front Blaster has exactly the same Aim assistance as any other projectile based weapon in the game, it has same aim assist as a gauss or assault rails or Plasma gun etc. The only difference is that FBlaster does have a weapon vector visualized as an own marker, so it is very clear how aim assists work visually.

The original implementation of F-Blaster was a hard mounted, its turrets had zero degrees of freedom and were aligned with ships model, and as expected it did not work, since anything that is hard mounted to ship direction simply can not work in Star Conflict due to the huge amount of factors, devs tried to stick with their idea and buffed dmg on it twice, and after that did not work it was given some degree of movement freedom (which is btw is a square and not an oval, which makes no sense, so if you do use it, use it in dioganal movements, you’ll have more room for aiming), but as always, previous “attempts to buff it” were not rolled back, so we ended up with this.

I think the angle should become a bit wider, but at the same time dmg and projectile speed should be lower, and of course, double stats at max speed make no sense as well.

2 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Front Blaster has exactly the same Aim assistance as any other projectile based weapon in the game

you cant tell me all other projectile weapons have this huge lock on zone

it goes way more in the direction of the thi’es than a gauss.

1 hour ago, g4borg said:

you cant tell me all other projectile weapons have this huge lock on zone

it goes way more in the direction of the thi’es than a gauss.

Yes I can, because it is ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

43 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Yes I can, because it is ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

[@g4borg](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/239042-g4borg/)

17 hours ago, xKostyan said:

…Front Blaster has exactly the same Aim assistance as any other projectile based weapon in the game, it has same aim assist as a gauss or assault rails or Plasma gun etc. …

Can not be: me flying frigates never had the impression any of frigate weapons are aim-bot assisted – why? what you say??

3 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Can not be: me flying frigates never had the impression any of frigate weapons are aim-bot assisted – why? what you say??

Most of frigate projectile weapons have huge spread which may give you an illusion of no aim assis, or you have assistance disabled.

13 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Your examples show that if the cross-hairs are over the enemy’s ship hull, it will be centered - not?

So that’s why some players like smaller t4 ships, smaller target lesser auto-aim-assists for opponents – not?

Question is what is with closer range to enemies?

Question is if ship design flounder/fluke shaped ships (like Archelon f.e.) are vulnerable to auto aim bot in horizontal, but not so in vertical axes?

31 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Your examples show that if the cross-hairs are over the enemy’s ship hull, it will be centered - not?

No, it works by leading marker, not target hitbox. So rest of your questions are invalid.

Kosty - can you please explain how the spread is functioning? I think it works like lasers but only an amount of dmg on target get substracted due to ^2 of range  - not?

What is spread good for, what is it not good for and why is my Eclipse launcher (with the projectile’s hitbox maybe bigger aka explosion radius) better at long distances and close distance than maybe

[xKostyan](< base_url >/?app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id=236074) said:

No, it works by leading marker, not target hitbox.

You saying: its the center of the ship and aim-assist snaps in in a circular perimeter around that center?

9 minutes ago, avarshina said:

Kosty - can you please explain how the spread is functioning? I think it works like lasers but only an amount of dmg on target get substracted due to ^2 of range  - not?

What is spread good for, what is it not good for and why is my Eclipse launcher (with the projectile’s hitbox maybe bigger aka explosion radius) better at long distances and close distance than maybe

You saying: its the center of the ship and aim-assist snaps in in a circular perimeter around that center?

I am saying it snaps to a leading marker, not the center of the ship when a ship is not moving leading marker is centered, ship hitbox has nothing to do with aim assist.

I don’t understand what you are saying about the spread.

You’re now saying it has virtually no aim assist? Are you kidding?  Try it in low ping and at 570 RPM. The video you posted clearly indicated(high ping aside) the gun needs low ping 100% to be as useful without it younroll and spin out of control and it doesn’t help.   The amount of aim assists applied, it’s at least a good 3/4 inch, if you have high ping flying around you don’t need to be dead on them like shrapnel cannon lets say, you can’t even compare to gauss, it’s a slow firing gun that requires calculation to fire, granted it was an assist test but the only reasonable comparison is assault or RF blaster, those have high ROF. 

39 minutes ago, SnerpDeg said:

You’re now saying it has virtually no aim assist? Are you kidding?  Try it in low ping and at 570 RPM. The video you posted clearly indicated(high ping aside) the gun needs low ping 100% to be as useful without it younroll and spin out of control and it doesn’t help.   The amount of aim assists applied, it’s at least a good 3/4 inch, if you have high ping flying around you don’t need to be dead on them like shrapnel cannon lets say, you can’t even compare to gauss, it’s a slow firing gun that requires calculation to fire, granted it was an assist test but the only reasonable comparison is assault or RF blaster, those have high ROF. 

Yet again, instead of trying to comprehend the information given, you are trying to imagine some meaning to what I am saying.

15 hours ago, xKostyan said:

interesting. i must be too busy actually aiming with gauss, i never noticed it already locked to the target if you just get close to the leading marker

then again, as you say, the biggest difference is, with the front blaster you know if aim assist has locked on or not.

it feels a lot different.

also interesting, it locks on to beacons.