Front blaster is breaking games.

Yeah it’s true, the most noticeable scenario would be sniping around a destroyer’s barrier with a disintegrator, you try to shoot at the exposed shield and if its close enough to the lead marker the shot will snap there, you can actually disable the aim assist in the game options but unless you need it for this specific scenario it won’t do you much good.

33 minutes ago, g4borg said:

it feels a lot different.

also interesting, it locks on to beacons.

It is not only beacons, even turrets(like a PvE cruiser) and destroyers modules have aim assist triggers

45 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

It is not only beacons, even turrets(like a PvE cruiser) and destroyers modules have aim assist triggers

…is this exclusive to the FBlaster?

id yes - the devs might experiment on something new … subtargeting

3 minutes ago, avarshina said:

…is this exclusive to the FBlaster?

id yes - the devs might experiment on something new … subtargeting

no, all weapons with auto aim have this (not sure about the beacon, but turrets. and modules for sure).Nothing new about it, it has been there for a very long time

42 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

no, all weapons with auto aim have this (not sure about the beacon, but turrets. and modules for sure).Nothing new about it, it has been there for a very long time

is there an auto aim weapon for

frigate class?

destroyers?

guys can you give us a list of auto aim weapons, pls.

why? I really do not fly interceptors and vers seldomly use fighters so I really don’t know. I remember being asked by koromac some time ago for a custom battle to test if i could damage his destroyer’s modules and what it would make a damage…

in my engineer  i could not target and hit any module it resulted in damage to hole destroyer’s survivability…

AA is not class based it is weapon type based.

Every single weapon that is not a beam type has aim assist built in. Plus some “beams” have aa as well, like auto aim laser, thilit, thi.

3 hours ago, xKostyan said:

AA is not class based it is weapon type based.

Every single weapon that is not a beam type has aim assist built in. Plus some “beams” have aa as well, like auto aim laser, thilit, thi.

Btw, have you noticed that laser beams are no longer firing at a single point at the end of the beam? Usually, you can see them spread out instead of focused on a single point. 

I think that someone may have displaced a comma at some value that caused this issue with laser beams.

41 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Btw, have you noticed that laser beams are no longer firing at a single point at the end of the beam? Usually, you can see them spread out instead of focused on a single point. 

I think that someone may have displaced a comma at some value that caused this issue with laser beams.

Always been that way and varies on weapons and the ship it is mounted on

Very interesting thread.

TBH I’d never noticed the aim assist in the options menu until now. (I had it turned on)

Do different weapons snap to the lead marker in different ways?

So: FBlaster only has greater AA values applied, other weapons have lesser values? FB only snaps more visible to targets?

Why this behavior in regard to sub-targets? Some weapons have sub-target abilities others don’t?

Never had this with  experience with any frigate:engineer weapon, besides explosive weapons (and spread) do we have two class main-weaponry?

23 minutes ago, avarshina said:

So: FBlaster only has greater AA values applied, other weapons have lesser values? FB only snaps more visible to targets?

Why this behavior in regard to sub-targets? Some weapons have sub-target abilities others don’t?

Never had this with  experience with any frigate:engineer weapon, besides explosive weapons (and spread) do we have two class main-weaponry?

No, they all have the same aim assist

6 hours ago, demaneR said:

Very interesting thread.

TBH I’d never noticed the aim assist in the options menu until now. (I had it turned on)

Do different weapons snap to the lead marker in different ways?

Nope, they behave the same. The exception with the FB is that you have a direct visual feedback if the Aim Asssist is active.

Wow HOW IS this gun is STILL not nerfed, goes to show you that the devs alienate literally almost their entire playerbase to grab a few shekels. Really rattles my jimmies. People bought the stupid ships now nerf this guns, the joke is getting too real now please.

Video proof #3. The first scene is with 150 resistance or 59% and it still deals a crap ton of damage, so much in a short time I don’t have time to put phase to EM. It’s a pathetic gun used by garbage pilots to get ahead because they don’t understand how to fight in the first place. Nerf it NOW! Jokes aside!

20 minutes ago, mutsami said:

Wow HOW IS this gun is STILL not nerfed, goes to show you that the devs alienate literally almost their entire playerbase to grab a few shekels. Really rattles my jimmies. People bought the stupid ships now nerf this guns, the joke is getting too real now please.

Incompetence in the development team. I had faith… once…

It’s grumpy gus crying to his friend screwing us ACTUAL PLAYERS in PvP.

This gun has WAY to many problems!

13 hours ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

This gun has WAY to many problems!

A lot of those problems would be easily solved by just cutting out all the special bonuses it provides.

What the hell is wrong with keeping it simple, let’s say: “Limited turret rotation, firing rate and spread grow with continuous fire.”

On 3/18/2018 at 4:23 PM, xKostyan said:

ship hitbox has nothing to do with aim assist.

this has been said btw. a lot by now, so this should not be too new information to anyone, aim assist pretty much works in 2d.

and even invisible markers can trigger

question that arose since i used it now a bit, and also used a lot of tackler in this mess is…

…does aim assist keep lock on cloak at least for a while?

i always knew it about camo… but even crazy manouvers after cloaking seems to keep the front blaster shots coming.

was this also why rotation keys and extreme rot builds were so hard to hit? the aim assist basicly screws u, if flying a curve offsets linear target leading prediction, in theory. or is it target-id based and not really a prediction based system - since the shots also follow a target if it displaces itself…? questions about questions…

13 minutes ago, g4borg said:

…does aim assist keep lock on cloak at least for a while?

i always knew it about camo… but even crazy manouvers after cloaking seems to keep the front blaster shots coming.

was this also why rotation keys and extreme rot builds were so hard to hit? the aim assist basicly screws u, if flying a curve offsets linear target leading prediction, in theory. or is it target-id based and not really a prediction based system - since the shots also follow a target if it displaces itself…? questions about questions…

interesting, would this rotation key strategy (I saw in c. 90% of xlMaXlx video section) be aplicable for frigates? or only for smaller ships like fighters, interceptors?

asking because I use strafe but in open space I tried rotation while on target in case of alien - they have very nasty green kill-balls main weapon (Unidentified weapon)?

6 hours ago, avarshina said:

interesting, would this rotation key strategy

there are no rotation keys anymore. they have been removed.

except on destroyer.

and no frigates never could abuse them, because they never had so much turning. the idea was to get hundreds of degrees of turning rate and rotate your ship like yoda fights with lightsabers.

we have 3 axes :

• 2 axes are controlled by mouse
  • 1 axis is controlled by roll keys ‘q’ and ‘e’

do you mean free aim switch key?

I spoke of the roll keys, that xlMaXlx uses in attacks …

the amount of multi-kills you can get with that weapon is off the chart  ![:mellow:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/mellow.png “:mellow:”)

seriously I feel bad when I use it.