Four Lives and Detonation aren't fun

Oh look, there’s a title.

So what’s wrong with four lives? The exact same thing wrong with detonation - you can load into a game seconds before its over, except it happens way more often than detonation. Just today I had 4 matches finish seconds after I loaded in because I had joined when my team had lost two beacons and the fourth was half way captured already.

How can this be fixed - er… mitigated, to fix it you’d need to lower the speed of so much stuff that’d never be nerfed because everyone f**king uses them.

-Stop the MM from allowing mid-joins the moment two beacons are captured.

Does that set the match in stone? Yep.

Does it stop you from having the glorious 5 seconds of gameplay before the enemy team captures the final beacon moments after you spawn. Yep.

So what about detonation? Well Four lives and detonation are one and the same, except one of them you get f**ked the moment a russian spawns with a wolfhound or Tai’kin the other you get to fly around for a couple minutes whilst said wolfhound or tai’kin plants all 3 bombs whilst your team goes and shoots at that one Ze’ta 8km away who won’t stop firing.

So basically the same suggestion, but replace beacons captured with bombs planted.

Or alternatively  for the love of all that is good get rid of detonation it is the only mode that discriminates heavily on ship choice.

Four lives is hell on wheels yeah, but detonation can be fun if no Russians join.

3 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Four lives is hell on wheels yeah, but detonation can be fun if no Russians join.

The main problem I’ve found with detonation which a lot of randoms run into whether they like it or not is it punishes what ships you have in slot let alone what ships you spawn in. If you get tossed into a detonation match and lack a guard, recon or wolfhound you’re almost better off ignoring the objective and trying desperately to cull the enemy team before they get to the bomb or sticking to the inevitable last remaining station that your team has because everyone else got caught off guard by the MM too and can’t even keep pace with the bomb runner.

On 5/21/2019 at 9:07 AM, TheDarkRedFox said:

That’s true. My lag in Russia (I assume the game’s servers are based in Moscow, considering all times displayed in Steam Announcements are MST-based) is usually no less than 293ms (over 8038km), while Europe is about 9409km away, and has 100ms faster latency. That means when I pilot some Über-maneuverable ships especially Interceptors (and certain Fighters), my flight path turns into a wobbly mess. I wonder if this game will ever be ported over to Amazon GameLift; costs doesn’t seem so bad, and 45ms global median latency? That’s seriously tempting. Fighting off Tai’Kins are a nightmare because of my impressive lag.

For reference, I’m in Malaysia.

2 hours ago, Ry_Leo154 said:

That’s true. My lag in Russia (I assume the game’s servers are based in Moscow, considering all times displayed in Steam Announcements are MST-based) is usually no less than 293ms (over 8038km), while Europe is about 9409km away, and has 100ms faster latency. That means when I pilot some Über-maneuverable ships especially Interceptors (and certain Fighters), my flight path turns into a wobbly mess. I wonder if this game will ever be ported over to Amazon GameLift; costs doesn’t seem so bad, and 45ms global median latency? That’s seriously tempting. Fighting off Tai’Kins are a nightmare because of my impressive lag.

Do we really have to start this discussion again? Do you know the price and the median latency the current game server have? I wouldn’t be surprised if Star Conflict had a similar median, since you know your 293/100 ms has no affect on the median. A 45ms global median as advertised by GameLift is meaningless when 90% of the player base is based in 2 of the 9 regions and the remaining player base gets matched therefore in these 2 regions.

All in all I would expect that GameLift would give Star Conflict a higher latency median since they only have Servers in Frankfurt (Germany) and Beijing (China) but none in Russia.

On 5/20/2019 at 7:32 PM, TheDerpNukem said:

-Stop the MM from allowing mid-joins the moment two beacons are captured.

^ This, it is still broken AF.