Football vs. Soccer

hm, or you play like italians, they do seem to have their own word for it, which is fitting :stuck_out_tongue:

for them its only 20 minutes running, and then falling down to the ground; an act which can happen before even player contact, so the cause follows the reaction. Italians play soccer while they solve temporal mechanics paradoxons and no body armor could safe them from the intense danger of their playstyle. Sometimes their whole team just falls together. And still they manage to sometimes win games.

Its like this, YOU try running nonstop at full speed for 90 minutes!

I have. I played lacrosse all through high school. If you think running around for 90 minutes is hard, try doing it while everyone is smacking you as hard as they can with metal sticks.

I have. I played lacrosse all through high school. If you think running around for 90 minutes is hard, try doing it while everyone is smacking you as hard as they can with metal sticks.

Why does that sound so metal!? Awesome! 

I watched the Superbowl for the first time in my life this year - live! It was in the middle of the night, but hell… it was interesting. The game itself didn’t really convince me, but the whole show, the massive crowd of people, the atmosphere. Completely different from what I’ve ever seen so far - and I liked it.

But really: American Football is an intense sport, but it has so many breaks? They play like 5-10 seconds, and then the referees whistle… same procedure all the time. Short plays all the time. Watching the gameplay felt like grinding T4 ships…

I watched the Superbowl for the first time in my life this year - live! It was in the middle of the night, but hell… it was interesting. The game itself didn’t really convince me, but the whole show, the massive crowd of people, the atmosphere. Completely different from what I’ve ever seen so far - and I liked it.

But really: American Football is an intense sport, but it has so many breaks? They play like 5-10 seconds, and then the referees whistle… same procedure all the time. Short plays all the time. Watching the gameplay felt like grinding T4 ships…

It’s because it’s more like a chess game with real people. Once you learn basic formations and the roles of every position it’s a fun game to watch. It becomes all about matchups, disguises, play strategies and using the clock to your advantage. Also big hits are always fun.

But the Super Bowl this year was a pretty lame game. It was so one sided that it got rather boring. Usually the Super Bowl comes down to the last few seconds of play keeping you on the edge of your seat the whole time, but this one was decided by the end of the first half unfortunately.

“American” Football (Rugby for ladies) lasts about 3 hours.

1 Hour of Comercials

67 mins of the players loitering

17 mins of replay

11 mins of REAL PLAY

3 seconds of cheerleaders

And the rest is filled up with coach things and other crappy stuff.

So basically, a dude thinks he is watching a sport, when he is watching a LOT of commercials with some beakes for some sport in the middle.

On Football (thing that was played 15-20 years ago) you have continuous play of 90 mins. It still sux, because many ppl loiter in the game, and pretend injuries.

So, the best end up being that football that is played on a gymnasium of some kind, Indoor football, i dont know the english denomination of that.

Afaik American Football and Rugby are not the same, far from it.

Soccer vs football is like comparing a Mustang to a Corvette. 

Is more like comparing a Mustang to a Nissan GT-R or a Ferrari Enzo.

Well, they are both front engine cars, with about the same power (except those crazy variations) and both suck at cornering. Much like american football, since only 11 mins is actual play from all that 3 hours, so it suck at being a sport.

Also, NASCAR, really? a racing sport?? Since when moving only to the left, (or the right dont know which side they drive in oval Nascar) counts as sports? Does a carousel like those in the amusement parks counts as a sport aswell? it is basically the same, but in nascar you get a TON of advertising everywhere, and beer everywhere.

BTW: I hate FOOTBALL (the Proper one, not the Handegg) even thou im Brazilian. But what i hate most is comercials, advertising in the middle of everything that is presented, and something that pretends to be a sports when in fact is a drama soap opera with a lot of fillers.

Well, they are both front engine cars, with about the same power (except those crazy variations) and both suck at cornering. Much like american football, since only 11 mins is actual play from all that 3 hours, so it suck at being a sport.

Also, NASCAR, really? a racing sport?? Since when moving only to the left, (or the right dont know which side they drive in oval Nascar) counts as sports? Does a carousel like those in the amusement parks counts as a sport aswell? it is basically the same, but in nascar you get a TON of advertising everywhere, and beer everywhere.

BTW: I hate FOOTBALL (the Proper one, not the Handegg) even thou im Brazilian. But what i hate most is comercials, advertising in the middle of everything that is presented, and something that pretends to be a sports when in fact is a drama soap opera with a lot of fillers.

Only Americans can make going around in circles, exciting.

Only Americans can make going around in circles, exciting.

Well, i have to agree with you on part of it. As Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear UK said: (not exact words) Americans (from USA) have an amazing capability of getting something BORING and turn into an big event, that can cause to some people to have fun.

Well, i have to agree with you on part of it. As Jeremy Clarkson from Top Gear UK said: (not exact words) Americans (from USA) have an amazing capability of getting something BORING and turn into an big event, that can cause to some people to have fun.

May i just point out curling to refute that?

Don’t forget cricket. Let’s spend 4 days throwing this ball at some sticks. Oh, also we’re going to stop and drink some tea, cause yeah.

K6xpQ64.gif

Don’t forget cricket. Let’s spend 4 days throwing this ball at some sticks. Oh, also we’re going to stop and drink some tea, cause yeah.

Considering how popular Baseball in US is, i am not surprised Crickets in the same category, same old boring stuff.

really tough sports…

ulGEO0s.gif

I’m sorry to say that Football is boring to watch, soccer is better. 

Btw, as a Greek, its pronounced “Futbol” and not soccer. Cause you stupid Americans get everything mixed up. 

Im not defending other british sports, there are many of them that are boring as hell. But at least i dont supose the cricket match would make a breake to show someone drinking that flavored water the americans call Beer with McDonalds…

Im not defending other british sports, there are many of them that are boring as hell. But at least i dont supose the cricket match would make a breake to show someone drinking that flavored water the americans call Beer with McDonalds…

But Muricans have nothing better to do but drink beer and watch cars go around in circles! 

Considering how popular Baseball in US is, i am not surprised Crickets in the same category, same old boring stuff.

But at least they know baseball is boring, and only spend 3-4 hours playing it instead of dragging it out for 3-5 days.