Football vs. Soccer

I always found funny that the americans are the only ones in the whole world who call football “soccer”

And they even get angry when they say real football is that sissy full body armor spin off of rugby they have.

But hey, afterall they are still using imperial system…

I always found funny that the americans are the only ones in the whole world who call football “soccer”

And they even get angry when they say real football is that sissy full body armor spin off of rugby they have.

But hey, afterall they are still using imperial system…

We’re not the only ones:

soccer-world-map.jpg

But if you consider prancing around like a fairy-boy in knee high socks, and flopping over like a ballerina anytime someone’s pinky touches your floppy wrist a sport, then sure!

Plus the best part about real football is that it’s known around the world as “American Football”. I’ve never heard anyone call your game “British Football” or even “European Football”. It’s our sport, and we’re proud of it and you better know that.

God bless America!

6036648264_4c0b96f1b6_o.jpg

*Manly tears*

16716f99efa46b952cc74364b40185a834c740f0

God bless America!

6036648264_4c0b96f1b6_o.jpg

*Manly tears*

Our master plan to get the whole world as fat as we are.

16716f99efa46b952cc74364b40185a834c740f0

Everyone’s invited. We’re still back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back world champions. 

Number of Football World Championships won:

USA: 48

Rest of the world: 0

Canadians were busy kicking everyones xxxx in Hockey…

5a0c3ce0-9a66-11e3-a6aa-3d59e9c1043a_bie

No comments

zjein8I.gif

No comments

tumblr_mnilynueUE1r5xfejo1_500.gif

God bless le Canadia too!

795133076_1593106.gif

No comments

tumblr_mnilynueUE1r5xfejo1_500.gif

That’s Mark Sanchez lining up as a Receiver in a strange and terrible formation. He’s a Quarterback (The guy who throws the ball and always has protection around him.). He’s not used to lining up head-to-head with a corner like that, plus he’s also pretty much the laughing stock of the league after this play where he fumbles the ball after running head first into the butt of his own teammate:

sanchez211.gif

I laughed for like 20 minutes cause this thread

Wait… what? Football? Soccer? Ok, listen, sons, in 'Murika we love something called

NASCAR%20Meme%20-%2008.jpg?m=1392310225

Wait… what? Football? Soccer? Ok, listen, sons, in 'Murika we love something called

Best part is that they do transmit LIVE over the RADIO, that thing almost as boring as baseball.

The accidents are exciting too.

Nascar is…a bunch of guys driving in circles.  The first full race I watched Dale Earnhart died in.  When I saw the crash I though “that was nothing” considering there was a 15 car pile-up with cars flying in the air with no one injured.  It’s high risk, high reward, but more physical endurance than personal skill IMHO.  The sport’s tried changing itself to be less vehicle focused, but the car will always be dominant.

As for football, take a look at the pads on these guys.

englewood_football_team_1903.jpg

The helmet and pads in modern football are to try to prevent crippling life destroying injuries and brain damage.  Modern helmet’s still allow significant brain trauma.

VIKwYCE.jpg

We’re not the only ones:

soccer-world-map.jpg

But if you consider prancing around like a fairy-boy in knee high socks, and flopping over like a ballerina anytime someone’s pinky touches your floppy wrist a sport, then sure!

Plus the best part about real football is that it’s known around the world as “American Football”. I’ve never heard anyone call your game “British Football” or even “European Football”. It’s our sport, and we’re proud of it and you better know that.

You are wrong my friend, Football and American football are apples and oranges. If you want to compare American football with another world sport, compare it to Rugby, of which American football is a spin off.

And Football is not “british football” or “european football” because you don’t need to clarify anything. In all around the world except in USA and Canada, Football is football, and in case you need to refer to the American football, you need to specify that it is “American” football.

Concerning Nascar, well, most people compare it with the F1, which is not (there you have the Indy Formula which is really good) The Nascar is the equivalent to the WTC in the rest of the world. At least there they race in real circuits, not in ovals.

You are wrong my friend, Football and American football are apples and oranges. If you want to compare American football with another world sport, compare it to Rugby, of which American football is a spin off.

And Football is not “british football” or “european football” because you don’t need to clarify anything. In all around the world except in USA and Canada, Football is football, and in case you need to refer to the American football, you need to specify that it is “American” football.

Concerning Nascar, well, most people compare it with the F1, which is not (there you have the Indy Formula which is really good) The Nascar is the equivalent to the WTC in the rest of the world. At least there they race in real circuits, not in ovals.

No, no, no. You’re missing the point. It’s not called “British Football” or “European Football” because nobody is as awesome as America. We have our own xxxx sport with our name in it, that’s why. 

No, no, no. You’re missing the point. It’s not called “British Football” or “European Football” because nobody is as awesome as America. We have our own xxxx sport with our name in it, that’s why. 

Sure, God Bless America, where chocolate Kinder eggs are banned to protect the children, but a teenager can buy an assault rifle.

Keep playing “World” series in your awesome sports. The only way you are the best at everything is inventing your own sports and playing them alone.

The only real american spin off sport which can be considered as the best in the world, is the NBA basketball. Now we are talking about real sport, because its rules are harder than the original one. And everyone in the world knows that to be the best in basket, you need to be in the NBA.

But for the rest of your spin off sports… well, they are just that.

soccer is really fun to play, it can exhaust you completely, which is what good sports does. of course it does not look as tough and dangerous, even if as a goalie (gatekeeper) i can say, getting that ball to the face (or other parts not intended to play with) can hurt. alot.

however when it comes to the tv screen, american football looks better, even if it feels more like a turn based game. soccer on the other hand is by far the only sport i can bare to watch on tv for over an hour, simply because of being more diverse in it’s strategies; but it really depends who plays. since everytime americans watch football here in europe is kinda a party, i got used to like it, too.

still the biggest upside of soccer is, you can play it anywhere, and with any age group, all you need is some terrain and a ball.

can’t really say, am. football can beat soccer / football in any category for me. even if the body armor is kinda cool.

Its like this, YOU try running nonstop at full speed for 90 minutes!