Fleet Upgrade: Missiles

I would like to suggest an upgrade on the missile slot front!

So far, guided missiles for frigate class ships are limited in maneuverable speed (20-35 deg/s). In comparison with the way higher maneuvrability of guided interceptor class missiles (120 deg/s) there is no match. Also an imbalance is in regard to the overall payload of the missile slots of the ship classes. The interceptor class has up to 10 missiles, the fighter class has up to 6 and the frigate class has up to 4 missiles per cassette reload cycle (of c. 120s). While missiles increase in size with their respectable ship class, that is missiles for frigates are bigger and have more damage than interceptor missiles, but the ship size of the frigate is hughe in comparison with the interceptor, so basically a frigate should be able to carry 10 missiles as well. To keep everything in balance my proposal is in regard to access to smaller interceptor missiles for fighters and frigates and firgattes should get access to fighter missiles as well.

My basic idea is that missiles should be available in greater variability for frigates and fighters. Therefor I propose the Missile Packs.

All missile packs are available in different damage types: kinetic, thermal, EM. Selection of the missile type is per holding the right mouse button; releasiung the right mouse button fires. Tapping the right mouse button fires as well.

Name                                 _ Frigate missile pack 17 _
Type                                   Guided missile pack
Ship type                             ■ frigates
Allowed ranks                      14-17

Interworking:                       [Neurocybernetic Network](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/35977-wing-neurocybernetic-network/)
Small missiles

• Blast (thermal)            2179 dmg
  • Recharge                         3 s
  • Explosion radius            75 m
  • Flight range                4000 m
  • Flight speed               1380 m/s
  • Maneuvering speed   120 deg/s
  • Charges in cartridge  10 pts
  • Cartridge reloading    120 s
  • Description                 Small guided missiles dealing small damage and range. Can avoid obstacles in flight.
  • Sum DPS:                  109 dmg/s

Medium missiles

• Blast                          3632 dmg
  • Recharge                       6 s
  • Explosion radius         100 m
  • Flight range               8000 m
  • Flight speed                966 m/s
  • Maneuvering speed   100 deg/s
  • Charges in cartridge      6 pts
  • Cartridge reloading     120 s
  • Description                Medium guided missiles with medium damage and range. Can avoid obstacles in flight.
  • Sum DPS:                  140 dmg/s

Big missiles

• Blast                        13000 dmg
  • Recharge                     12 s
  • Explosion radius         100 m
  • Flight range             12000 m
  • Flight speed                621 m/s
  • Maneuvering speed     20 deg/s
  • Charges in cartridge      4 pts
  • Description                Large guided long range missile crushing all in its path. Can avoid obstacles in flight.
  • Sum DPS:                   236 dmg/s

Description:                A missile pack for the missile slot of frigates, consisting of Small guided missiles dealing small damage and range. Medium guided missiles with medium damage and range. Large guided long range missile crushing all in its path. All guided missiles can avoid obstacles in flight.
Holding the right mouse button cycles through the 3 casettes. Releasing the right mouse button fires the selected missile. Tapping the right mouse button fires one missile of the pre-selected type. Works in synergy (cooperation) with the [Neurocybernetic network](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/35977-wing-neurocybernetic-network/) module.

Name                                   Fighter missile pack 17
Type                                    Guided missile pack
Ship type                              ◆ fighter
Allowed ranks                       14-17
Small missiles

• Blast (thermal)           2179 dmg
  • Recharge                        3 s
  • Explosion radius            75 m
  • Flight range                4000 m
  • Flight speed               1380 m/s
  • Maneuvering speed    120 deg/s
  • Charges in cartridge     10 pts
  • Description                 Small guided missiles dealing small damage and range. Can avoid obstacles in flight.
  • Sum DPS:                   109 dmg/s

Medium missiles

• Blast                           3632 dmg
  • Recharge                        6 s
  • Explosion radius          100 m
  • Flight range                8000 m
  • Flight speed                 966 m/s
  • Maneuvering speed    100 deg/s
  • Charges in cartridge       6 pts
  • Description                 Medium guided missiles with medium damage and range. Can avoid obstacles in flight.
  • Sum DPS:                   140 dmg/s

Description                A missile pack for the missile slot of fighters, consisting of small guided missiles dealing small damage and range, and medium guided missiles with medium damage and range. All guided missiles can avoid obstacles in flight.
Holding the right mouse button cycles through the 2 casettes. Releasing the right mouse button fires the selected missile. Tapping the right mouse button fires one missile of the pre-selected type. Works in synergy (cooperation) with the [Neurocybernetic network](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/35977-wing-neurocybernetic-network/) module.

no

i am a frigate and missile user and i encounter tons of missile…

the missile is strong enough

this is not star missile

I love all of it

I agree that fighters and frigates should have more missiles, 

but we also need some new IR flairs (shorter reload time) that should protect us from constant missile spam.

9 minutes ago, SunnySweet said:

I agree that fighters and frigates should have more missiles, 

but we also need some new IR flairs (shorter reload time) that should protect us from constant missile spam.

That’s a good point: to have a measure and its counter ! Would you like to make a suggestion yourself?

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I love all of it

Thank you!