fix blackwood

im so sick of dying from the last boss as he shoots through the stationary ships. fix this BS

ships != obstacles.

lrn2 cover, lrn2 hug surface.

If you’re not using a ship that can tank the Punisher’s pulsar or its laser(I.E. guard frigates, Imperial Engineers), you had better hide!

Engineer static barriers don’t work against pulsar, so don’t bother with that option.

ships != obstacles.

not sure what that post means but whatever. same map and i just died with half hull by an invisible object because it said i crashed…

Here’s the safest option.  Hit lock on nearest target, T, and B-line to your slight left into the little hanger.  It’s well guarded from the pulsar compared to other locations.  If you’re there, your main risk of losing is by losing beacons.

T1 strategy: stay out in the open; it’s impossible to die.

T2 strategy: hey, look, there’s a hangar-like area. Let’s hide over there! Aww, we lost due to enemies capping or being bad at taking cover, since we’re new to it.

T3-T5 strategy: fly around control station C to use it for cover and simultaneously stop enemies from capping. Hope no one uses T1 or T2 strats/flies off and attracts the punisher’s attention, luring him out of attack range.

As long as you are able to line-of-sight the pulsar, you will generally succeed at defeating this boss.

T1 doesn’t count, and T2 simply needs an Engineer to mitigate the damage, so I assume we’re talking the tiers above those.

T1 strategy: stay out in the open; it’s impossible to die.

T2 strategy: hey, look, there’s a hangar-like area. Let’s hide over there! Aww, we lost due to enemies capping or being bad at taking cover, since we’re new to it.

T3-T5 strategy: fly around control station C to use it for cover and simultaneously stop enemies from capping. Hope no one uses T1 or T2 strats/flies off and attracts the punisher’s attention, luring him out of attack range.

These are the right ideas.

The ‘hangar’ strategy, which would normally be devised T2 onwards, is also effective at T3-T5, but someone has to pull the enemy reinforcements’ attention away from the beacons. An attack drone or any long-ranged weapon usually does the trick.

The T3-T5 strat you mentioned is my SOP for Blackwood. Unless my teammates plan to kill the boss fast, and have the skill to back it up, I would normally treat Beacon C as a fire base. My only issues then, if any, include teammates using the wrong ships (I’ve PvE-squadded up with a dude whose only T3 ship was a Hawk-Eye), or teammates being unable to hold fast (read: die within the first wave of reinforcements).

As long as you are able to line-of-sight the pulsar, you will generally succeed at defeating this boss.

As long as you are able to line-of-sight any AI opponent, more like. Always distresses me to see a teammate die to enemy reinforcements.

As long as you are able to line-of-sight any AI opponent, more like. Always distresses me to see a teammate die to enemy reinforcements.

Agreed. I made the assumption that most players work on the following basis;

IF you can tank the damage from the adds => Focus on boss

ELSE IF you can kite the adds => Focus on boss

ELSE => Focus on the adds, starting with the ‘softer’ targets or those healing the other adds