Fighter/Tackler

any tips how to make any use of the stealth (i dont fly tackler anymore)

federation interceptors have a ability that makes it basicly useless by default from combat, micro locatros randomly  unstealth you when you want to sneak something, and every idiot has a spy drone

not even speaking of random hits disabling stealth

John Sheppard needs Rodney Mckay to tell him how to survive again :stuck_out_tongue:

If random hits are able to uncloak you, you are too close to the field of fire. And you need to steer clear of that if you don’t want to get randomly decloaked.

Spy drones are a real problem which I am already fighting against. In their current form the duration is far too long.

But while spy droned, you can fall back and wait for it to pass.

if i am away from the action i dont have to stealth…

If you are too close to the action and find yourself in a position where you need to stealth to survive, you need to steer clear of the action or you might get shot.

yeah and there we come to the jumping point, using stealth to go INTO the action or OUTSIDE the action is a luck based game (with -20% chance to get located by a mini locator that was placed for whatever reason)

yeah and there we come to the jumping point, using stealth to go INTO the action or OUTSIDE the action is a luck based game (with -20% chance to get located by a mini locator that was placed for whatever reason)

When you are approaching the “Danger Zone” raise your sight a bit and look for buff/debuff icons on top center of screen. If you see micro locator active while approaching, don’t expect to be saved by Chameleon… if you see Recon Icon (fully filled triangle) near the target you are attacking you know there is a big chance of getting a spy drone on you in a snap. I don’t like tacklers on T3 used to love them on T2.

If you want to fly fighters with a discrete margin of success i suggest you to try gunships. I’m actually trying to learn how to equip and fly the Wolf. It’s not great (yet XD) but it’s certainly better than Tacklers.

Only tacklers I fear are those with singularity cannons… mostly because I’m a frigate pilot 70% of the time, an inty pilot for the 20% and a fighter pilot for the remaining 10%. Anyway, most of the times I get attacked by tacklers with sing, I get their shields with positron, a wave of octopus and if they are still alive by then, and closing, experimental pulsar makes them go boom XD

M…

I run the assault railgun w/ slowing field missiles; target painter, inhibitor, engine suppressor, and sentry drone on my Parallax - and I love it. Tackler is by far my favorite ship in the game. They’re not particularly strong in any sort of 1v1, but w/ so many people flying around in interceptors I usually rack up 7-10 kills and 10+ assists a game. Inhibitor beam + target painter is enough to slow an interceptor long enough to get a missile to land, then I double that up with engine suppressor and tear them apart before suppressor comes down. 70% movement speed reduction + no afterburners is ridiculously effective against inty’s, who rely on speed for their defense.  Also, if you mark targets for your team and then debuff them, your team will shred right through enemy ships with inhibitor beam and target painter on them. I use the drone to defend beacons or drop it in the middle of a team fight. 

Honestly, unless the enemy is actively focusing you as a tackler, you should be able to neutralize an entire team of interceptors given a little team based focused fire and good use of inhibitor beam. Inty’s w/out their afterburners are laughable.

Selix, tried the Gauss gun for them? If not, i would recommend to do a test and see how you like it. If you already did, well, your choice then. Try a critical chance and / or bullet speed bonus build and 2-charge combat initiation shots.

Honestly, unless the enemy is actively focusing you as a tackler, you should be able to neutralize an entire team of interceptors given a little team based focused fire and good use of inhibitor beam. 

This is very, very true.

If intys are able to get locked on by multiple enemies and still survive, tacklers are the direct opposite. Draw as little attention to yourself as possible. When the opportunity arises, ‘backstab’ (metaphorically speaking) and vanish.