Fighter/Tackler

You people keep reviving this topic xD

as much as I like playing ECM I am willing to trade off Stasis for target painter.

So the tackler will actually be tackler. With slow, engine stop and the other things.

The stationary drone they have is totally useless. And more over when you spawn it it drops it before you and you most likely bump into it.

Thankfully, no damage.

I rather see that drone module on engineer for extra defense (3 total drones that shoot randomly) and maybe 1 additional one if octopus is not equipped.

That minor change Stasis for tackler and target painter for ECM will some how balance the things out.

In almost every match we have commands for let’s say +24 resist, but not enough tacklers to counter that.

Making ECM have the painter (as it should be inti module IMO) will make support ECM more useful.

Also swapping stasis to tackler will help out the ship do its job. In my head that balances out ECMs OPness to a certain degree and brings back the tackler as … actual tackler.

Have you tried building the Tackler tanky with a stabilized rail gun and mowing interceptors down at distance? Triple charged shots with missiles while they’re under the effects of your modules tends to do the trick. I’ve only ever seen the sentry drone ability as it name suggests: a sentry. It stands watch over a specific spot, so place the little bugger right over a beacon and watch it melt away shields so you can punch…TACKLE through its hull from the side or rear.

srsly who are you and why do you keep typing out obvious things that alot of people miss !!?? lol

now stop posting things that makes sense and start whining about something to fit in better.

I told you before Kine, the obvious will be ignored if not pointed out by someone :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that why I see an alarmingly huge number of Ion Tacklers flying around ?

Someone should point out the obvious to me then coz I really dont understand it lol 

:slight_smile:

Someone said: ‘THIS IS OP!’ or they got repeatedly blown by it, now it becomes meta. My guess at least.

srsly who are you and why do you keep typing out obvious things that alot of people miss !!?? lol

now stop posting things that makes sense and start whining about something to fit in better.

I’m sorry, I’ve been taking the time to read some of the forums to get ideas of what each role generally does, reflecting on my wins/losses with specific roles (whether or not I actually made an impact, what I could have done better, that sort of thing), and adapting to the new forced equipment of ships. I am fortunate in that I only had  about a day of flight hours before 0.9 came out, so the mindfluff wasn’t really as big of an impact to me as would probably many others (except for that darned singularity day 1 nonsense). In most other games, I play a support. I help the team to victory, plain and simple. As far as I can tell, there are only 3 dps classes in this game, and only 1 of them consistently fulfills that role: Covert Ops (Gunship and LRF basically cycle between offense and defense as needed). Every other ship is a support, and their purpose is to support each other. I just put two-and-two together (fish) and thought to myself, “how can I best help my team with this ship?” and went from there.

Take a look at Engineers if / when you can. Probably the core support ship in Star Conflict.

Not easy to fly

Harder to live with

Tacklers have their uses but teams can live without.

Oh, I have been playing engineer a bit. I have the Alligator-M but I’ve stopped there because I have access to buy the Hydra 2 and the Alligator Mk. II, and I’m in the crossroads of mobility or hull tank.

Is that why I see an alarmingly huge number of Ion Tacklers flying around ?

O_o??? How does that even work out?

O_o??? How does that even work out?

It’s strange really, Ion is only effective on gunships since it takes eons to heat up on tacklers… why do people fit em? Cuz they probably got obliterated by a such gunship and thought it’s a good all-rounder maybe… I have used it on a gunship and that thing can do wonders if you know where you’re aiming and keeping the gun at the niche of overheating. But gunships are the only thing worth fitting them to.

could maybe be

Tackler = anti-interceptor (by description)

Laser = hitscan (easy mode gun)

??

and the really good anti inty gun; Gauss, is hard to use because of its’ sniper type shot?

could maybe be

??

and the really good anti inty gun; Gauss, is hard to use because of its’ sniper type shot?

Gauss is the only really good anti inty gun with the right combo of implants and modules. I use it both in long range combat (4.8k) and close range combat (0-50m) and win 90%+ of the time. Consider it a long range shotgun. It is basically the previous RF Railgun with longer range and pinpoint accuracy (basically mixed with previous stab rails). As we remember, both were the deadliest weapons in game. Now you got 2 in 1. Get it?

Hitscan lasers vs intys are plain awful due to lag, so you have no real idea wether you’re missing or hitting the target. Hp drops? Good. It doesn’t? Wtf do i do now?

PS: singularity cannon is also an inty killer in point-blank, with very little effort, even WAY better than the Gauss.

Gauss Cannons are amazing! Their accuracy alone just opens up at least 2 slots on your ship for some serious customization *cough* crit and max range *cough*

could maybe be

??

True, hitscan weapons are easy to use because you don’t have to aim off, but the ion emitter’s mechanics seem to make it work better against slower targets. 

could maybe be

??

It’s a mix for me.  I really liked the nature of the old RFR’s where the first shot sniped but the rest encouraged you to get closer.

The spread says “yeah, I’m here and I see you” but the accuracy and range says “get back.”

hey,

i’m playing again now after some time (T3/T4) and i see that there are still the same problems with tackler:

• your stealth works near to never, somehow you get always unstealthed no matter if you want to sneak in or out

• i cant see the tackler beeing a serious thread to Interceptors and other fast ships, ECM disables weapons, other ships camo away or just tank you because the firgates survival modules are repair so much that every weapon overheats before you can kill them

so maybe i am missing something, but what can you do in non-bomb modes atm?

In Kill the Captain games, intercept the swarm of covert Ops that will fly in to nuke+suicide your captain.  Hunt the Beacon, ambush healers and interceptors.  Domination… I got nothing.

In Kill the Captain games, intercept the swarm of covert Ops that will fly in to nuke+suicide your captain.  Hunt the Beacon, ambush healers and interceptors.

that swarm of covert ops as well as healers and interceptors and ECM make potatosoup out of you

In any mode with beacons, tacklers make decent defenders. When the opportunity arises, venture out a bit further and snag an interceptor.