Fighter Missiles : New Year - New Request:

Old Post :  https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/28471-more-missiles-please/

Star Conflict Masters of the Universe:

My favorite weapon in star conflict is dumb fire rockets.  Specifically piercing missiles and firestorm missiles.  Both require a degree of Skill and practice to use.  They have their upside - if you fire it correctly you wont miss. (missile lock break)  And they have their downside - if you miss thats it.  They wont come back to hit your target (cruise missile or EM missile). I would really like to see more of these types of missiles available.  I believe it would positively add to the game play and diversification of builds in the Star Conflict Universe.

Yes all interceptors have access to piercing missiles, all frigates have access to Torps, but not all fighters have access Firestorm.  This is not a problem and makes sense.

There have been numerous additions to main weapons (summer weapons). And because of this it feels like missiles have been left alone for a long lonely time. It sure would be nice to see a more diverse selection of missiles. Having more rockets for fighters, Heck, giving a frigate a rocket rocket pod that spews out in-accurate rocket fire in a burst.  That would be used for close range barrages could be really cool.

1amLC4a.png

Some times it nice to have a missile system that requires skill to use and not just the easy: lock: fire.

I would appreciate new missiles for frigates that are not homing. ie torpedo. Heck, even that burst for frigates would be cool (like 10 missiles in a single burst, sth like that).

+1 for any missile improvements

Also, that picture reminded me that a smoke bomb or something as an anti lock on and missile module would be nice to have. It could make a cloud of smoke in its explosion radius for a few seconds while giving players time to hide from view and targeting systems. Not necessarily black smoke but rather a static em cloud with some cool lighting effect and stuff. 

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/30176-adaptive-missile-missile-promotion/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/30176-adaptive-missile-missile-promotion/)

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/30177-phosphor-rocket-missile-promotion/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/30177-phosphor-rocket-missile-promotion/)

actually I have some idea…

Duet Missile Ammunition

- Specifications:

-  Fires two homing missiles

-  Can avoid obstacles

-  Speed: 594 m/s

-  One deals EM damage, other Kinetic

-  The kinetic missile launches with about 1-2 seconds delay after the EM missile

- can go up to 11550 meters

-  Explosion radius: 200 meters

-  Maneuvering speed: 30 deg/s

EM missile has a blue trail and the kinetic a white one

- Damage Properties:

-  Each missile deals 7055 D at R7-9; 7529 D at R10-12; 7845 D at R 13-15 (its 90% of the original cruise thermal D btw)

- Dedicated Ship Class:

-  All frigates starting from R7 only.

- Cartridge Specifications:

-  3 Charges per cartridge

-  Cartridge reloading time: 132 seconds

-  Charges reloading time: 20 seconds

Duet missile is yes plz

One missile I would like to see is one that starts off as a singular unguided and turns into a swarm of short range guided missiles. I’m not going to go into numbers because turn rate and damage since I’m not exactly familiar with what damage number would be “balanced” for a swarm missile.

I suggested something along the lines of this a while ago. It was meant as a counter to destroyers. Like a carpet bomb missile thing.