By faction I mean Empire, Jerico and Federation.
By features, I mean alterations that compliment or cover up for the differences between the various factions.
Also because it’s boring for everyone to use the generic ones.
-Covert Ops interceptors:
- Federation: Reduce target healing - Federation uses mostly fragile and undergunned ships, so they would logically develop tech to prevent the enemy from outsustaining their damage.
- Jericho: Drain target energy - Jericho forces rely heavily on their special equipment, which would likely make them see value in preventing the enemy from using theirs.
- Empire: Reduced cooldown - Empire ships are slow, for a recon ship, that’s unacceptable. A more frequently available warp engine lets them fulfill their design purpose.
- Federation: Reduced damage while charging - Did I mention Federation ships being fragile? Their base speed is what gets them around, but when they’re forced to make the jump, they probably have a very good reason to be ~18 kilometers away from their current location.
- Jericho: Longer stun duration - Jericho likes their gadgets, and they make them better than the others.
- Empire: Shorter charge time - Empire interceptors are nearly as tough as other faction’s fighters, so they wouldn’t be wasting time being out of action while charging some silly module.
- Federation: Shorter cooldown - I’m probably repeating myself at this point, but Federation ships are fragile, even the fighters. Being able to break out of combat more often would be critical to their survival.
- Jericho: Longer duration - Let’s be honest, recovering those massive shields takes a while, so it’s probably best nobody interrupts it.
- Empire: Improved mobility bonuses - Empire ships may be tough and pack the big guns, but that ain’t worth much if your target files circles around you.
- Federation: Additional resistances - Federation ships are fragile, so when they have to go in, they should at least be able to go in without the fear of instantly melting under fire.
- Jericho: Lower cooldown - Jericho shields can easily recover from damage, but also run out often. It’s only natural to have one be up while the other is down, and vice-versa.
- Empire: Better conversion rate - Empire pilots deal with their problems via brute force. It’s only logical for their special equipment to match that approach.
- Federation: Stronger healing - With their reliance on repurposing civilian ships, it would stand to reason that Federation has some pretty rad tech keeping those ships combat ready.
- Empire: More damage - Guns! Bigger guns! Pew Pew Pew! Empire and all that stuff.
- Jericho: Hull repair conversion - Their hulls are almost as fragile as Federation ships.
- Federation: Stronger defensive bonus - See above.
-Long Range Frigates:
- No changes here, missiles and sniper lasers are already different enough.