Eta's Avatar & Signature Generator

I must disagree with you.

One week ago, I went at t1 to help a friend that is starting the game.

I used the harpy : One-shot everything with his special, and have 2700 dps with lasers.

Got around 20 kills/0death per match without doing anything hard.

My DSR went from 1400 to 1500.

Oh, and to the OP.

It don’t work with me. It only shows my stats but nothing else.

And you know that there’s a flag to force the download right? I’m a bit surprised that you can only download with Chrome.

I’m a developer so, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. I’d be glad to help you.

1400 and 1500 is till not much, T3 is still easier to farm than in T1. Once you reach certain rating, farming 900 dsr players wont work that well.

Looks interesting, but i’m happy with my signature. :lol:

Why can’t you have both? I like it.

1400 and 1500 is till not much, T3 is still easier to farm than in T1. Once you reach certain rating, farming 900 dsr players wont work that well.

VfQj3gL.jpg

zmdiZIf.jpg

sk2GfWU.jpg

It really depend, when I first started to play SC, my SR is 1421 just after 76 games in T1, 1480 after 114 games in T1. I started with frigates because I don’t dogfight well. Later on I was around 1600 SR in T2 but didn’t move to T3 till I had about 800 games. Then in T3 I die too easily because I don’t have money to buy mk2 modules and ships, with so many good players out there in T3, my SR decreased to 1228 018.gif

It really depend, when I first started to play SC, my SR is 1421 just after 76 games in T1, 1480 after 114 games in T1. I started with frigates because I don’t dogfight well. Later on I was around 1600 SR in T2 but didn’t move to T3 till I had about 800 games. Then in T3 I die too easily because I don’t have money to buy mk2 modules and ships, with so many good players out there in T3, my SR decreased to 1228 018.gif

So, wahts your point? I didn’t have the honour of playing at that time, but I guess the game was way different  :taunt:

Once you have everything in T3, you know it’s the easiest way to farm DSR.

So, wahts your point? I didn’t have the honour of playing at that time, but I guess the game was way different  p.png

My point is T1 is much easier to gain SR for newbies, back then T1 is hard, ain’t got no mk3 stuff, right now you get open space and anyone can get mk 4 with loyalty and artifact. T3 now you have all the pro players and squads which even beat my butt now days facepalm.png

My point is T1 is much easier to gain SR for newbies, back then T1 is hard, ain’t got no mk3 stuff, right now you get open space and anyone can get mk 4 with loyalty and artifact. T3 now you have all the pro players and squads which even beat my butt now days facepalm.png

Your 5 win ratio is a good proof that “pro players” and squads beat your butt nowdays  ;)wt

T3 isn’t the easiest way to farm DSR and actually never was. You will hardly get over 1500 easy (except you want to reach that only). It is easy to farm credits, free syn and loyalty though.

Why? Because in T3 you have usually a mix of endgame players in every team, and as you said, most people have full purple ships.

If you want high DSR, go T4. You get more per kill, and you have way more ppl who tier rush up too fast to kill, and less squads to face because of low pop and snipers who try to get on leaderboards.

It would be however interesting to use tools to measure these things. Lets all make a study. We got the tools. Offtopic olay.

T3 isn’t the easiest way to farm DSR and actually never was. You will hardly get over 1500 easy (except you want to reach that only). It is easy to farm credits, free syn and loyalty though.

Why? Because in T3 you have usually a mix of endgame players in every team, and as you said, most people have full purple ships.

If you want high DSR, go T4. You get more per kill, and you have way more ppl who tier rush up too fast to kill, and less squads to face because of low pop and snipers who try to get on leaderboards.

It would be however interesting to use tools to measure these things. Lets all make a study. We got the tools. Offtopic olay.

My study is my experience, in T3 I could farm easily to get 1800, games are usually in high numbers, so you can get more kills per game. In T4 you have to wait more per game, and games are smaller, so “farming” requires way more time.

So T3 is still the easiest way to farm DSR. At least for me.

i believe you can farm it if you plan to do it, and you may be right - but the chances, you meet a good group, and lose hundreds of points in one match is still high.

i am also biased, since i am mostly T3 exclusively now for a year. if i go t4, my dsr is over 1400 in couple of games, sometimes higher, but in t3, the chance to get devastated is still there, and i move around 1300-1400.

also i do not really farm it.

depends on the definition of “easy” :slight_smile:

My study is my experience, in T3 I could farm easily to get 1800, games are usually in high numbers, so you can get more kills per game. In T4 you have to wait more per game, and games are smaller, so “farming” requires way more time.

That’s the thing. Big battles = you’re far less likely to die (as absurd as it may sound but that’s how it is) = more DSR.

Plus you have all the DSR farmers in T3 so by killing them you move up in bigger chunks if you’re low DSR.

That’s the thing. Big battles = you’re far less likely to die (as absurd as it may sound but that’s how it is) = more DSR.

Plus you have all the DSR farmers in T3 so by killing them you move up in bigger chunks if you’re low DSR.

While I can only say, your low T3 presence for sure does not make you an expert, I trust in your numbers.

Usually I look at the average DSR in T3 a lot, and its around 1200-1300 max for pure t3 players, while “T3 farmers” are usually visitors from higher tiers playing - and they actually give huge chunks away.

But logically and statistically, you have to “go into t3, play up until you farmed and then leave it again”, staying in it will lower your average dsr, and maths for sure favor the higher tiers, since your reward is bigger, which makes the average higher. (theoretically)

But true, bigger battles means more survival for certain playstyles - i have actually more fear mes from smaller battles (statistically, but it is pretty close), additionally, you get more kill opportunities in bigger battles (never thought of that before)

And, I can admit, residente and you have a point; It might be especially easy if you come in with low DSR. But reaching top scores (2k+) might be another story.

Also T3 had a lot of new players/corps last months, and they start to do good. And, of course, I have little solo&R8 experience, only talking about R9.

Sure, I’m not playing T3 regularly anymore, but that’s hardly the point. I was 1700 in T2 and 1900 in T3 when I still played there regularly and before I began intentionally dropping my numbers, most of the high rated forum regulars these days play T3 regularly, as well as the squads from the top corps who all typically come with high rating. In short: T3 has a pretty high average DSR.

Now, the higher the average DSR in the tier the more you earn from kills and the less you lose from deaths because of how it is calculated. A 2000 player getting killed with a 1000 player getting the kill shot loses 20 points for one death and needs to kill 10 of them to earn a single point back. Two 2000 players killing each other stay neutral on points. So it should be clear that staying in the tier with the most high DSR player benefits your DSR farming needs the most, should you be so inclined.

Yes, the higher “visitation level” is actually bringing in the DSR, after some games my DSR spikes. But this of course means, somebody who is average and has good DSR in a higher tier, might lose more, than win. In short we actually agree.

That’s why I said, staying in, will still make you hit limits. Also, one day the visits might stop, as it was when open world started, or if T4 and T5 become “big gamed”.

For me, even without purple modules in T4, I still “farm dsr” by queueing in T4, simply because of my supportive kamikaze playstyle, I still get more DSR together, than in T3. I have never bothered DSR too much however, I love to ram people and die, because Victory is Life.

Okay, but I stop commiting to this page-2-offtopic, also I feel quite a consensus anyway in this side topic.

Sry, Eta, and nice to see all the ppl getting the forum sigs.

Wait, is it because of the sigs that you guys all wanna farm? ^^

If yes, please come and farm more T3, I want faster games!

The player lookup field to the log analyzer? Sure, can add that. After the next patch, waiting for some additions to the logs first that the devs were so kind to implement for me.

Great!

The overlay? Haven’t decided. Maybe it’ll go into extended closed beta testing for supporters only? :lol: (can’t say I don’t learn from StarGem xD)

maxresdefault.jpg

Your 5 win ratio is a good proof that “pro players” and squads beat your butt nowdays  ;)wt

I actually got around 4.5 w/l before 0.80 patch, the rest 0.50 w/l is from my 139 win streak in recent sector conquest. :dntknw:

I wish they add SR in open space so ppl who are farming will risk getting shot and lose SR.

Eta, why don’t you store on the database the picture of a player that ask for it, then give him the direct link to use it on the forum (so he don’t have to pass through imgur or anything else), then actualize the link you gave him each day. So that stats on the pictures are readjusted each day.

Eta, why don’t you store on the database the picture of a player that ask for it, then give him the direct link to use it on the forum (so he don’t have to pass through imgur or anything else), then actualize the link you gave him each day. So that stats on the pictures are readjusted each day.

Oh wow i never realized that the sigs weren’t dynamic. Probably should’ve made a sig for myself to check

It kinda defeats the point of having stats in the image if its static.

Thank you for giving your suggestion.

I will try to provide a server side with storing and updating data.

If I follow this idea, the pictures will be refreshed once my tool generate images for the player name (even if another player refresh your profile).

Is this solution O.K for everyone ?

If I follow this idea, the pictures will be refreshed once my tool generate images for the player name (even if another player refresh your profile).

Does that mean the player would have to manually regenerate the signature? That’s bad design

You could do something similar to this-

Script a server side image generator (php would be ideal for it) that generates the image based on parameters passed to it (script.php?u=terrorblade&ship=noobship)

First time the script is executed with those params it will generate a shiny new sig for me and store it in a cache folder.

Next time the script is executed with those params it will check the cached sig’s last modify time ( filemtime($filename)). If $time<{x} then serve from cache else generate new image

That way people can simply use the script url in their signature and the stats will refresh every {x} seconds

[img=http://url.tld/sig.php?u=name&s=ship]

First things first Terrorblade  :01313:

I first need to create an automated host process before making a refresh process.

Moreover this process is heavy so making a global refresh may cause an overload on the server.
I think best solution would be to create a form where you enable refresh for 1 week.

Anyway I have work to do. I’ll let you know as soon as I have news  :00222: