Entry 87 — New Year in Star Conflict!

Meanwhile im sitting here hoping for a symmetric design at least xD

25 minutes ago, LegendXX said:

I hope we can take the ellydium dreadnouth for the cooperation.

There was mention a whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile back about a new Dread being in the works for corperations so chances are we’ll get it later.

LOL. MDGA.

5 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

I was literally just about to quit the game BUT WE’RE GETTING THE ELLYDIUM DESTROYER FINALLY? F**K IT. TURN UP THE GRIND DIAL BOIS BECAUSE ITS TIME TO MAKE DESTROYERS RELEVANT AGAIN.

2 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

SAME

4 hours ago, nOw said:

I wanna see some competitive PVP thats not about pewpew but about racing = speed and pilot skills no guns - just my 5 cents

They lost that a long time ago. Now ships, guns and active Moduls without skill or brain beat every player. Instead of adding even more area of effect Moduls and auto-aim or homing stuff  they should add a area of effect skill that disables and removes all that for the entire map. That is the only way out that i can see.

But hey, i will be here to observe how they wreck the game even further.

36 minutes ago, MathModelSim said:

Now ships, guns and active Moduls without skill or brain beat every player.

Like what?

What I don’t understand is how this -destroyer- can dock with other ships, but the Pilgrim -that has a special module dedicated to sitting on things- can’t.

Pilgrim should totally be able to sit on destroyers and use its special shield thing.

Hello, dear developers and visitors of this blog. When I opened the article, I mistook the header for Star Conflict Colony, and thought that there was something conceptually new built in Open Space. Maybe, you could give us some planet with a moon? Like, in many other games? Space Stations and habitable planets became a must-have in Space games. 
I guess it is theoretically possible to have a usual cube (30 kilometres or how wide are the zones in Open Space?) and in this ‘cube’ there could be a little moon with a space elevator to the surface of the planet.
Here is the concept of a space elevator which connects a base to a planet surface. I’m sure you can squeeze a planet surface and a lift in one Open Space zone, because they are rather big (although, some  players are asking to give them bigger cubes/zones). If it is in Open Space, why limit the space in a zone, and why not make it 60 or more kilometres?

2000px-Space_elevator_structural_diagram

SPACE ELEVATOR below:

SciFi_Space_Elevator_Wallpapers_freecomp

PLANET SURFACE below:
You come out of the elevator and there is the planet surface! So, you say ‘‘Hello, babes’’, and

begin extermination :

Spec_Ops_new_boss.thumb.png.5f87e7401bffd50275630d4933c0915e.png

Also, thank you, developers, for saving my post when I pressed the Backspace button by mistake. Otherwise, I would have had to type it again and spend another 30 minutes to write the post again. 
P.S. It might be that my memory fails me, but until before last week I had not seen boxes move in Open Space. Now not only asteroids more after you run into them!
P.SS. A week ago my friend, who often spectates how I play in Open Space, looked at how I was fighting with the Aliens between big asteroids. He said: ‘What if were posible to explode those big stones?’’ So, why don’t you let us destroy bigger stones?

Ellydium did something kind of similar, but it was more of a “warp gate” kind of thing that lands you on the planet. Didn’t have any real cool effects, but it’s there.

Care to make an official suggestion (in the suggestions area) about destroying large objects, and how that might be accomplished? Seems like an interesting way to mine in Open Space.

16 hours ago, Deelena said:

PvE-mission “The price of trust”
b1b8a370c39915f62e725c3dbe9d.jpg

A massive raid on the dreadnought has begun.

I mistook this part for ‘We are upgrading Spec Ops!’
This cool dreadnought looks like the next huge monster for Special Operations. Just paint it green and make it sparkle and control your mind. What you do not understand creates fear.

11 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Ellydium did something kind of similar, but it was more of a “warp gate” kind of thing that lands you on the planet. Didn’t have any real cool effects, but it’s there.

Seems like an interesting way to mine in Open Space.

Wow, how did I forget!
I can mine planets in Open Space, can’t I? ![:santa:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/santa.gif “:santa:”)Look, while thinking about all this, I thought that Open Space needs a special character special for the new Year. Some Cyber Santa. Let it randomly appear in Open Space zones!!! :

32 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Care to make an official suggestion (in the suggestions area) about destroying large objects, and how that might be accomplished?

I will have to wait until the next time I play SPec Ops. There you can destroy BIG stones. They fall apart after a lot of damage. I certainly know that the Destroyer kills those huge asteroids. They get highlighted with an orange outline and after many shots they break to pieces.
P.S. I upvoted your question.

Ellydium destroyer? No thanks. I worked my butt off to get a regular destroyer and now I’ll have to replace it with some overpowered tumor with a cockpit? How about you allow people to tier up their favorite ships instead of always just adding some ugly new thing that makes them obsolete or pretending that people like revisiting lower tiers just so they can play with the ships they actually like? This whole locking vehicles to tiers thing makes a little bit of sense in a historical war game maybe, but in an entirely fictional universe it’s just a fun killing disease. 

5 hours ago, Aetrion said:

Ellydium destroyer? No thanks. I worked my butt off to get a regular destroyer and now I’ll have to replace it with some overpowered tumor with a cockpit? How about you allow people to tier up their favorite ships instead of always just adding some ugly new thing that makes them obsolete or pretending that people like revisiting lower tiers just so they can play with the ships they actually like? This whole locking vehicles to tiers thing makes a little bit of sense in a historical war game maybe, but in an entirely fictional universe it’s just a fun killing disease. 

Who said you need to replace your own dessie? Tharga and Taikin are not OP anymore, Waz’got is still the slowest healing healer in the game and I hope devs learned their lesson after those two green ships that were OP at the beginning. If you don’t like to build a new dessie - don’t. No one is forcing you to do this. 

Dunno about the second part - what locking ships to tiers? PvE has one tier, coop has 3, PvP has 3 as well, the highest one starting at rank 7. Exactly for the reason of playing ships you like (ok, if you like flying R2s against R17 that can be problematic, but otherwise you are good to go).

Fantastic news!

It is a pity that bigger updates comes out so rarely, and there are so few players. I also agree with the opinion of inyazserg. Really guys, looking at the amount of detail you put into creating new locations or ships, it should not be such a problem.  ![:00111:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/00111.png “:00111:”)

On 12/6/2018 at 10:34 AM, Deelena said:

The new ship impresses not only with its appearance but also with its capabilities. 

Please, don’t make it overpowered. You made this mistake with Alien ships at the beginning, and you lost so many players. I even boycotted the game for a month when Eugenius killed me 15 times in one battle, on his OP Targa.
If you want to impress your players, the ship does not HAVE TO BE overpowered. Give it visual and audio effects, and this would already good. Otherwise, you can break the balance. Be careful, please.
By the way, I tried to play today, and the first battle I got was Ariadne. I am really fed up with it. I hate it. I left the battle, which I do rarely, but I will continue leaving Ariadne just because I don’t like it a lot.
Is it possible to let the players choose the PVE mode, and EXCLUDE Ariadne from the random choices?
I mean, let me choose the PVE missions which I want to play.
You can say I can choose just one mission.
But, my idea is different. I want to choose ALL missions, but EXCLUDE Ariadne.
I want to have RANDOWM between ALL missions, excluding Ariadne. Same as with game servers in the USA. The ping is terrible, but, for example, I am OK with Europe, so I would like to choose Europe+Russia, and REMOVE USA.

On 12/6/2018 at 7:03 AM, TheDerpNukem said:

Also I was just looking at the brief description of the special module and I couldn’t help but flash back to the Ultimate Destroyer contest.

[]

And then back in my entry this was two of the modules I listed for my concept:

[]

I really hope the special module doesn’t follow the stats of my little entry concept because the idea was honestly based around the whole incoming damage|incoming heals back in the day which was far less than what we have now (well the repair swarm in hindsight looks a little OP without the Ellydium malus).

[]

The ship docking module on the other hand looks very interesting although I don’t think it’ll see much use in public PvP since it would lock an ally to you. But I could be wrong.

The whole ship landing thing has been a long requested idea so its nice to see some form of implementation on a ship that most people will (hopefully) have access to.

I agree, TheDerpNukem.

I also took part in the Ultimate Destroyer contest and I was the one who suggested a Destroyer that could have other ships dock with it… a “spacecraft-carrier”!

![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

On 12/6/2018 at 9:39 AM, ORCA1911 said:

I couldn’t agree more! I abhor asymmetry.

Like in Crossout where everything on the vehicle must be perfectly aligned…

From what I saw in advert someone was pretty close with this:

If you haven’t seen spoilers: (Star Conflict at the beginning of the video, don’t need to watch the rest duh)