Entry 86 — Fighter Pilgrim

9 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

No Tyrant cause swarming, you’ll need a good team to back you up but that is almost never the case, no Lance S cause it neeeds to be rank 14 and above, no Waki cause despite high damage covies are rather vulnerable, and deccon is not that great anymore, while the shrapnel will need some velocity increasing to hit anything faster than a frigate which means sacrificing some alpha damage.

Patriarch/Inqui S with Proxi! A goddam Sword S with fckn Light coils. Thats what I actually used xD

10 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

No Tyrant cause swarming, you’ll need a good team to back you up but that is almost never the case, no Lance S cause it neeeds to be rank 14 and above, no Waki cause despite high damage covies are rather vulnerable, and deccon is not that great anymore, while the shrapnel will need some velocity increasing to hit anything faster than a frigate which means sacrificing some alpha damage.

Just use tharga with tharkth!

2 minutes ago, Cr0 said:

Ellydium Scum!

1 hour ago, Cr0 said:

Oh sh*t I forgot about this weapon xD

Wolfhound with tharkth

Tharga with a gauss

Mjolnir with A-Rails

FedGuard with a proxy-m

SOrry for rushing in, but this ship made me feel some of the best emetions I have ever felt in this game. It looks so Prometheus-like. I would like to see a figure a person inside. Maybe, android David:
(don’t make it OP like in case with Thargas when I left PVP for 1 month).
P.S. In case you need some Duplicators, I have saved this thread.

Android_David_ship_pilot_model.jpg.9973b5218bbf5ad5f1cf1aa824bf8249.jpg

58 minutes ago, inyazserg said:

SOrry for rushing in, but this ship made me feel some of the best emetions I have ever felt in this game. It looks so Prometheus-like. I would like to see a figure a person inside. Maybe, android David:
(don’t make it OP like in case with Thargas when I left PVP for 1 month).
P.S. In case you need some Duplicators, I have saved this thread.

Android_David_ship_pilot_model.jpg.9973b5218bbf5ad5f1cf1aa824bf8249.jpg

I completely agree. But the reason they removed the little people from the cockpits was so that they could keep their low rating and allow more ages to play. I do think we should have some alternative model in the cockpits though. Like maybe a complex looking computer hookup or something idk lol.

49 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I completely agree. I do think we should have some alternative model in the cockpits though. Like maybe.

Neutral variant (put it in the new ship, and make this ship the first/experimental model with a figure inside). aND MAKE ITS ENGINES INVISIBLE TOO, BECAUSE IT NEEDS TO BE A SUPER-TACKLER, A SUPER-EXPENSIVE GIFT, A SHIP OF THE HIGHEST QUALITY FOR OPEN SPACE, and give it an invisibility cloak stronger/better than Singularity’s, and let it fly with invisible englines in complete transparency. COMPLETE transparency:

Tau-2018.jpg.bffa3ee796f1a80fc67e798c1302ee34.jpg

Through some testing, I’ve concluded the following:

The special module is kind of gimmicky. It doesn’t perform as well as the diffusion shield in that you are stationary, a very large target, and from what I can tell the shield has no resists, meaning it goes down very fast. Also, the whole effect can be canceled by anything moving your ship (any sort of gravitational disruptions, being bumped by anything, part of the map moving, repelling/attracting effects), even by your own teammates just trying to get into the shield dome. They had to make an update to Sector Conquest (no information on the update was given) but they removed the backwards 50m/s drift so that the Pilgrim can latch onto dreadnoughts. Instead of just making it so it could latch onto these specific structures and have the 50m/s backward drift negated temporarily, they removed a key feature of a game mode for the purpose of 1 ship’s alternate equipment not being unusable in the mode. Not only did they remove it, they removed it DURING the USA time zone Sector Conquest battles, not before, not after, but right in the middle of the battles, they shut down the servers for 10 minutes. Again (luckily this time it was only shut down for 10 minutes and not 45 in the middle of a battle). Aside from gripes, the special module performs like a shield booster on crack and can easily be used to restore full shields to the ship in seconds at the pilot’s convenience, which if that sounds stupidly powerful, it is. This in combination with the new all-ship repair kit variant, your ship can be back to full hull and shield in seconds as if it was never attacked in the first place, and it can do it again, and again, and again.

Active module is r*tardedly overpowered. It completely conceals everything inside, making beacon captures and anything effect requiring line of sight to become impossible to achieve. Drones and auto-turrets that shoot at targets regardless of radar status cease to function. Weapons with built-in aim-botting mechanics such as Front Blaster and Geyser are still able to target and fire on enemies within the cloud. You might be saying “oh its just like whitenoise blah blah” except that no, it isn’t. Sector Conquest META has been broken by this one module, and it is OBSCENELY pay to win. Two of this ship added to your team almost guarantees a victory. There’s been other absurd things such as relocation mechanism that have left any semblance of insertion/covert attack strategy (“2 waz’gots, 2 dessy, 1 tackler, rest gunship, rush B cyka blyat” still works though) in shambles, but this takes the cake.

The gun is completely overpowered in PvE and PvP. In most modern PvE battles there are swarms of enemies weak enemies, kill any one of them with 1-2 shots and badabing badaboom the entire group dies. Same with PvP, if there are people by a beacon, just tag them with the gun and when they die they set off 6000 damage nukes, causing a chain reaction that just kills the entire enemy team, because “reasons”. Something interesting of note is the weapon can easily fire 600rpm, but it fires in sequence (akin to mortars and phase suppressors), meaning yes you get 600 rpm but you only get the damage of 1 turret as opposed to Assault Railgun where all 4 weapons are firing simultaneously. Keep this in mind if you try to dog-fight, when firing in your blind spot your weapons will over-heat after a few shots and will fire at 1/4 standard rate (if you do not own the gun, to experience a similar effect jump in a frigate, throw on some kind of mortar, and try to fire it backwards).

Passive module is ok. It acts similar to Wounded Beast. It can be useful in dog-fighting, but with the special gun you may still find it difficult (to combat this just give yourself more rotation speed so all your weapons are always facing forwards).

I absolutely hate the ship, its imbalanced, blatantly p2w costing a grand total of:

• x1[More than the resource cap on monocrystals, along with some other resources]

• x1[$30 USD]

Several of my corp-mates have left/uninstalled the game permanently due to this ship, others are debating leaving the game as well. Oh and just to top it all off, I think the ship looks ugly.

It’s abiut time ellydium showed back up here!

When is YOUR next ship going to be released?

2 hours ago, Ellydium said:

I absolutely hate the ship, its imbalanced, blatantly p2w costing a grand total of:

• x1[More than the resource cap on monocrystals, along with some other resources]

• x1[$30 USD]

Several of my corp-mates have left/uninstalled the game permanently due to this ship, others are debating leaving the game as well. Oh and just to top it all off, I think the ship looks ugly.

It is balanced. There is a counter for this ship already, making it practically useless if a wing pilots have a half brain and some skills. We were facing a wing with two Pilgrims. During the initial nuke run both were plasma arced, nukes planted, so instead of just nukes damaging structures we had +40 points as well. Also your wing composition doesn’t make sense at all - 2 dessies, 2 Waz’Gots, 1 tackler, 3 gunships? That’s a recipe for disaster, not victory. You would have to sacrifice a lot of firepower in implants and passives to actually get it to work and still lose ~500-600 points against the rush, while waz’gots being busy keeping themselves alive from a single LRF out of sensor range. I agree with one thing - the shroud generator is fun. You have to kill the Pilgrim or you won’t cap the beacon ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) . But as I said in the first line of my post - that’s actually very easy.

And if your corpmates are leaving the game, because they couldn’t figure out counter for a ship, even when several people already posted it on the forum then - well. 

Also - moving dreads were affecting more ships than pilgrim - basically all ships that have modifiers activated when stationary - engineers, lrfs, guards. 

Regarding chain exploding in PvP - I have yet to see it. It’s not 6k nuke, it’s 6k over 3 seconds IIRC - so 2k kinetic dps. Let’s take a Berserker - Empire Recon intie. It has no shield slots, with base 3334 kinetic shield res of 67= 40% damage mitigation. It regens shields at 108 hp/s. So with full shields it will mitigate whole explosion to shields. Not even touching the hull. So yes, it would be cool if the whole beacon capture party was damaged - then maybe it will affect them. But from what I saw - it’s just meh. 

2 hours ago, Ellydium said:

Actually, the special module is a shield booster in disguise that gets canceled by any space breeze and the other buffs you barely get the chance to use them properly in the heat of a battle. The shield nitrous systems isnt useful enough to waste a shield slot on it and the cloak missile is a double edged sword where nobody sees anyone else and has to guess their way out. The ship IS cool looking btw :P

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

Actually, the special module is a shield booster in disguise that gets canceled by any space breeze and the other buffs you barely get the chance to use them properly in the heat of a battle. The shield nitrous systems isnt useful enough to waste a shield slot on it and the cloak missile is a double edged sword where nobody sees anyone else and has to guess their way out. The ship IS cool looking btw :P

But does the smoke screen affect enemies too?

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

But does the smoke screen affect enemies too?

Same effect for friendlies and foe

Epic

17 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

It’s abiut time ellydium showed back up here!

When is YOUR next ship going to be released?

The Ellydium destroyer research has been finished for a long time, but our entire fleet was lost in PB 42 so we have nobody left for marketing delivering the product. We are unsure if we will ever be able to release the ship. We can release it whenever we want, but given the controversy over the previous ships, we believe it would be wise to keep it hidden and complete in the game files but not implemented for public use until we recover the rest of our corporation.