Entry 86 — Fighter Pilgrim

df541c2be73af6886cc09de2e3be.jpg

Pilots! We continue to share the latest changes that will appear on the game servers in the upcoming updates. Among them are further changes in the economy, improvements for existing modes and of course, new ships! 
Today we will tell you about the new ship — the Jericho command fighter Pilgrim!

The inhabitants of Jericho made pilgrimages to the Monolith for centuries. Even the invasion and the ban on flights to this zone could not break this tradition. However, it became truly dangerous to travel even for short distances. Nevertheless, there were enough of those willing to put their lives at risk to get to the main shrine. Representatives of the more prosperous Jericho class risked money in order not to risk their heads. Their own. A new tradition appeared and quickly took root among the top Jericho Families. The patriarchs would only venture on a pilgrimage under the protection of mercenaries, who charged an incredible amount of credits for their services.

So a few years ago Pilgrim was constructed with the money of caring patrons. A model designed to protect pilgrims. In order to make flights in turbulent times for the galaxy, the ship was equipped with a camouflage generator and rapid-fire weapons, while a lot of effort was put into the shield system. Grateful patriarchs sometimes gave it as a gift to their most faithful servants for conscientious service.

Just recently, Pilgrim became available on the market. The reason for the sharply increased popularity of the ship was not a mass passion for pilgrimages. The model was appreciated by the UMC mercenaries who found a new use for it — in battles. In their hands, the ship turned out to have a much wider functionality than the designers had originally intended.

6fa91419b1338d15a5ab74ac8084.jpg

The modern special module of the Pilgrim allows the ship to land on the surface while activating turret defence mode, which increases the range and damage of the main weapon and projects an additional shield over the fighter 

The ship’s kinetic weapon provokes an explosion if the target is destroyed immediately after it’s hit with the main weapon.  

You can also install a unique modifier on Pilgrim that increases the ship’s speed, depending on the current shield durability. And the fighter’s active module can launch a special rocket, which projects an invisibility field. All the ships inside it can not be detected, but they can not use the radar.

The wait is almost over! Stay tuned, and see you in space!

Well this was a slap in the face if I’ve ever seen one. 

THEY SHOWED US THE SHIP BEFORE AND WE ALL WENT NAH IT’S A DRONE.

Unique design tho, can’t wait to see how this ruins PvP inevitably.

thicc! this is some really interesting mechanics right there, can’t wait to see it in action

Nothing will help you with the new boat.

You destroyed the game.

Restore all on unlimited to having to have a reason to play.

I played 8-10 hours a day, now I go in and out.

I have no reason to play.

![:015_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/015_2.png “:015_2:”)  ![:017:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/017.gif “:017:”)  ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)  ![:012:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/012.png “:012:”)

Interesting design.

Another “vertical” ship like Saw One.

somehow this design reminds me of the Plague Doctors’ masks

or perhaps those enemies I see in Dark Souls :stuck_out_tongue:

love the design, definitely adding this to my Command collection

For a Jericho ship, I expected more triangles. But smooth can be a nice change.

1 hour ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Well this was a slap in the face if I’ve ever seen one. 

THEY SHOWED US THE SHIP BEFORE AND WE ALL WENT NAH IT’S A DRONE.

Unique design tho, can’t wait to see how this ruins PvP inevitably.

You did, we didn’t

1 hour ago, xKostyan said:

You did, we didn’t

Well you all did. I knew it would be a ship from the get-go lmao. Nobody wanted to acknowledge the -active modules- that were shown on it.

Also, it says that it has a cloak??? That’s cool I guess.

Way to embrace arachnophobia! Can’t wait to see how the conflicted lose their cool the moment they see a flying spider.

1 minute ago, Valcury said:

Way to embrace arachnophobia! Can’t wait to see how the conflicted lose their cool the moment they see a flying spider.

Or once they see a wall spider lunge at them while shooting

2 hours ago, Schwarzschild said:

Interesting design.

Another “vertical” ship like Saw One.

somehow this design reminds me of the Plague Doctors’ masks

or perhaps those enemies I see in Dark Souls :stuck_out_tongue:

love the design, definitely adding this to my Command collection

For a Jericho ship, I expected more triangles. But smooth can be a nice change.

now I remember what it reminded me of…

Vulture droids from Star Wars ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

if the preview model’s movement is actually implemented, I believe this would be probably the largest moving part any ship has

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Well you all did.

no, we all didn’t

47 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Or once they see a wall spider lunge at them while shooting

I could imagine this hanging dormant on the ceiling in Monolith, waiting for the perfect opportunity to pounce on an unsuspecting prey underneath :stuck_out_tongue:

In a sense, the spec module paired with the active module COULD be an interesting combo, not sure how it would work in-game since there is this one catch “not able to use radar”

The weapon seems “okay” on first glance, need the other parameters (or better yet, try it out) to decide if it is good or meh.

Modifier, I assume the speed boost is higher the lower your shield is, so that’s another escape module. If that is a Shield mod, not sure if I want to swap out the resistance mods or the capacitor mods. Unless the new spec mod doesn’t  drain energy. 

Ship stats aside, that is a very interesting piece of background lore in this. 

I’m imagining rows and rows of Jericho pilgrims in Pilgrims lining up outside the Monolith :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe some time I should try finding a group of 4 Pilgrim to do Operation Monolith, that’d be fun (probably?)

only puzzling thing I can comment now is the lack of triangles and metallic finish.

almost every single Jericho ship is composed of some triangular mesh, complete with shiny metallic polish or sexy carbon fibre coating.

not this one, which seems to be round and smooth with various shades of black/white/grey. At first glance can seem like a Fed ship

Yeah, I also knew about it, but didn’t really know about the modules, my question is, can it move while turreted? It would make sense since being against an obstacle is a very dangerous thing to do in this game with all the AoE weapons and missiles.

5 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Yeah, I also knew about it, but didn’t really know about the modules, my question is, can it move while turreted? It would make sense since being against an obstacle is a very dangerous thing to do in this game with all the AoE weapons and missiles.

Rotate? Probably.

Crawling? Would be nice but my guts tell me answer is “no”.

2 outcomes: 

Either they fix the rotation to only pitch limited to 90deg or so, and make the weapon range and damage boost large. So it becomes a semi-directional weapon like Zhen’s Geyser except can rotate a bit.

Or, they include pitch as well as yaw, but weapon range boost would be tiny to balance

If you can’t walk around on surfaces I’ll be really disappointed.

I mean it’ll be a unique ship regardless, but still.

19 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

If you can’t walk around on surfaces I’ll be really disappointed.

I mean it’ll be a unique ship regardless, but still.

Well it’s still a ship not a walker, see those “claws” as they where landing grear.

I’m more worried about that  secondary shield, it better be strong as f because once landed, we’ll be extremely vulnerable

7 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

Well it’s still a ship not a walker, see those “claws” as they where landing grear.

I’m more worried about that  secondary shield, it better be strong as f because once landed, we’ll be extremely vulnerable

That’s what I was thinking. If landed, you won’t even need to aim at the thing to hit it. Just blind fire homing missiles at it and you’ll hit.

5 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

That’s what I was thinking. If landed, you won’t even need to aim at the thing to hit it. Just blind fire homing missiles at it and you’ll hit.

I suppose the thinking behind is that they want you to use F in conjunction with the active module invisibility. They better have short cooldown.

Or perhaps the F will boost the weapon range so much that it can be on par with Long Range sniper shots xD (no this won’t happen)