Entry 86 — Fighter Pilgrim

14 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

That’s what I was thinking. If landed, you won’t even need to aim at the thing to hit it. Just blind fire homing missiles at it and you’ll hit.

Yea, torpedo, photon emitter, condensing crystal, energy converter and that cov ops special torpedo that I forgot the name, all lrf in general… All of theses

8 minutes ago, Schwarzschild said:

I suppose the thinking behind is that they want you to use F in conjunction with the active module invisibility. They better have short cooldown.

Or perhaps the F will boost the weapon range so much that it can be on par with Long Range sniper shots xD (no this won’t happen)

could be the key yes, but since it turn off your radar it’s risky

8 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

could be the key yes, but since it turn off your radar it’s risky

speaking of, what exactly is this “radar” referring to?

if it means the minimal that is fine by me

if it is the entire HUD like that TharGa module, that would be … difficult. Especially if they still have that red text floating across the reticle. That’d be like ECM-ing yourself.

Or maybe perhaps it is disabling your sensor range, setting it to zero. So there will be no floating annoying red text, but you can only see perhaps the outline of nearby ships, or those marked by allies.

3 minutes ago, Schwarzschild said:

speaking of, what exactly is this “radar” referring to?

if it means the minimal that is fine by me

if it is the entire HUD like that TharGa module, that would be … difficult. Especially if they still have that red text floating across the reticle. That’d be like ECM-ing yourself.

Or maybe perhaps it is disabling your sensor range, setting it to zero. So there will be no floating annoying red text, but you can only see perhaps the outline of nearby ships, or those marked by allies.

Could be similar to the thar’ga but I think I’ll be like everyone has a scattering field on

13 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

Could be similar to the thar’ga but I think I’ll be like everyone has a scattering field on

Scattering field disable your own radar? Is this new feature?

4 minutes ago, Schwarzschild said:

Scattering field disable your own radar? Is this new feature?

No it doesn’t but others can’t see you, I believe it’ll work the same way but instead of you being off radar, other will be, but just for you and allies that are in the module area of effect

2 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

No it doesn’t but others can’t see you, I believe it’ll work the same way but instead of you being off radar, other will be, but just for you and allies that are in the module area of effect

If that is the case, having teammates outside mark the enemies probably would work

54 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

That’s what I was thinking. If landed, you won’t even need to aim at the thing to hit it. Just blind fire homing missiles at it and you’ll hit.

That is not much different than shooting at you “flying” ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

“Attach to surface”

• can I ride my teammates into battle? Please say yes

• imagine a tanky ship with two or more Pilgrim attached to its underbelly xD

Will the special gun be like this? Pew pew pew pew pew

51 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

That is not much different than shooting at you “flying” ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

The out of place and targeted comments regarding myself are really starting to get tiring. Maybe try focusing more on the topic at hand in future discussions. (Unless it’s specifically made for that purpose)

52 minutes ago, Schwarzschild said:

“Attach to surface”

• can I ride my teammates into battle? Please say yes

• imagine a tanky ship with two or more Pilgrim attached to its underbelly xD

I would absolutely love this. Hooking pilgrims on to destroyers would almost make them worth flying in PvP again.

57 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

Likely, it will work like white noise for those inside the field, as the capabilities of radar function in the game are rather limited, and there has to be some heavy down-side to an insta-cloak

It’s interesting to read all these speculations ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

22 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

It’s interesting to read all these speculations ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

I like to look at new content through a special sort of realist lens.

Take every cool thing that could be done, and tone it down to fit in Star Conflict and look exactly like every other module/weapon in the game. XD

Let it be known I am not wearing the realist lenses when making suggestions. Those are my optimist lenses lmao

If it can do something to get me past level 22 I’m for it…

20 minutes ago, Seraphym1 said:

If it can do something to get me past level 22 I’m for it…

What’s level 22 again? I think that’s where I am too. I just stopped trying to advance once I got there and I forgot why

6 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

What’s level 22 again? I think that’s where I am too. I just stopped trying to advance once I got there and I forgot why

Lol 22 is quite a pain to pass through

Get 3 lead rains, I’m stuck on it as well, not really a fan of the majority of the new ships having EM weapons, take the empire ones, so far all of them have EM weapons, the only thermals we have are on Executor, Boremys and Spike, Zhen is the only one with a kinetic, rest is EM.

6 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Get 3 lead rains, I’m stuck on it as well, not really a fan of the majority of the new ships having EM weapons, take the empire ones, so far all of them have EM weapons, the only thermals we have are on Executor, Boremys and Spike, Zhen is the only one with a kinetic, rest is EM.

Tyrant is your friend. Or Lance S with Gauss. Or Wakiwaki R with Shrapnel or Decon. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

7 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

Tyrant is your friend. Or Lance S with Gauss. Or Wakiwaki R with Shrapnel or Decon. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Lance S doesn’t count, you have to do it at r14+

16 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

No Tyrant cause swarming, you’ll need a good team to back you up but that is almost never the case, no Lance S cause it neeeds to be rank 14 and above, no Waki cause despite high damage covies are rather vulnerable, and deccon is not that great anymore, while the shrapnel will need some velocity increasing to hit anything faster than a frigate which means sacrificing some alpha damage.