Entry 84 — Modernization

Someone loosened up the nerf hammer rack, long story short something happened. lulz

Trading changes = necessary (long overdue).  Thank you

Premium license = Good - brings new players to the game, and keeps players playing

Brawls vague information = Do we still have normal PvP, or are brawls replacing it completely?  Also you are better off putting brawls in the pvp rotation, or both pvp and brawls will have even lower population and worse queue time.

Premium ships = ???  All that does is ruin many premium ships, and make them unplayable.  Example = Normalization ruined rank 7-9 sector conquest.  Phobos rank 7 gunship with thi’lith dominates, because of normalization buff.  Same issue with many other rank 7 ships.  They are stronger than most rank 9 ships.  Eagle-B premium ship with 3 modules can still easily get destroyed by rank 7.  Take away 2 modules makes eagle B useless.  (HOW TO FIX) Only activate normlization if a 7-9 team goes against a 10-12 or 13-17 team.

You cannot just make broad spectrum changes, and expect them not to break the game.  Time must be taken to carefully tailor changes.

Next change = Ship loadouts(presets).  It takes far too much time to reload ellydium, NY18 when you change their level.  Also changing other ships for PvP to PvE to spec ops to sec con takes a lot of time.  We need to be able to save preset modules + crew and just click a button to change.  I don’t care if it costs credits or not we just need presets.

Thank you

18 minutes ago, Oruu1 said:

You cannot just make broad spectrum changes, and expect them not to break the game.  Time must be taken to carefully tailor changes.

Really though.

Maybe premium ships should get unique modules of their own then. XD

3 hours ago, John161 said:

In which way should his host be less secure then others?

You are free to ask google

I’m wondering about premiums that already had “unique” modules and weapons before the overhauls. Like the Phoenix. Will it just be able to use one of its own modules OR its unique weapon? What about executor? What about Brokk? What about Kite-E? The list goes on.

57 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I’m wondering about premiums that already had “unique” modules and weapons before the overhauls. Like the Phoenix. Will it just be able to use one of its own modules OR its unique weapon? What about executor? What about Brokk? What about Kite-E? The list goes on.

Those will not count towards unique counter, so you will be able to equip all “personal” modules +1x unique

I’m really troubled how premium ships get only 1 unique. I rather every normal ship get access to more uniques than only 1 for a premium, way too many options and customisation going away with this.

… that, and it’s all I got to have a chance against an Ellydium and unique ship that just sits there and take it without consequence.

Premium ships can have only one unique module/modificatoe/weapon equiped? So goodbye Star conflict. I will not miss you… I mean that if you buy a premium ship for GS I expect from it something unique. Now with that nerf they are not unique anymore in combat. Premium ships so far gave you something extra, which was logical. Not anymore. I also expected the resource system to be overhauled, because it is really boring to run around open space half day only to aquire some unique module. But this will not be changed a long time I guess.  So goodbye. There are games with much better player experience to be played (not warthunder :stuck_out_tongue: )…

6 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

That’s the same thing that I’ve been asking, I hope that will go the way kosty said, but for ships that have their 3 unique modules, that would mean that they can install an additional one that doesn’t belong to them?

Wouldn’t it make more sense if their first two modules don’t count, then regardless if it does or doesn’t belong to the ship it will count, so even ships with 3 of their own uniques will only have up to 3 modules.

A couple of questions I’ve been thinking on personally other than what you guys have already been on about (the unique modules to a premium) are more along the lines of the trading side of things and combat recon’s return…

First question that popped to mind with the trading bulletin board would be:

If you log on and post some items up for sale on the bulletin board and log off shortly thereafter would other players still be able to purchase my stuff even when I’m offline?
Will there still be the transaction cap after the change or will it be removed/increased?

Can we get that test drive sticker tho? I dunno why I just want it.

EDIT: Aaand forgot about my CR question.

What will be the captain’s protection/buffs when it returns? Previously captains had 90 seconds or so to setup properly which lead to some captains bringing destroyers and suiciding a few seconds before the countdown ended leading to them having another 30 seconds of immunity due to their massive respawn time (seriously, when is it getting lowered again) and further back from there suicide rushes against the captain were popular leading to 1-2 minute matches.

So basically: Will the captain have the 90 second respawn timer still and will the captain retain the other buffs (damage buff + infinite sensor range)?

FINA-FKIN-LLY. Premium ship nonsense was overboard for too much time. While I’m sad I won’t be able to fit both heal cone and shield grenade on Brokk or stopping beam and dissy beam on Swagtooth it’s about bloody time. Game will gain the diversity it wanted in first place.

Have Stingrays got fixed yet? PVP was very easy for them. They were too maneuverable and deadly. Has anybody checked?

3 hours ago, inyazserg said:

Have Stingrays got fixed yet? PVP was very easy for them. They were too maneuverable and deadly. Has anybody checked?

Not yet. Once this update rolls out (if it this update and we all ready it correctly) then they should be pretty damn nerfed compared to how they are right now. Until then if you see a stingray on field don’t bring a frigate or dessie. Or a fighter. Or actually just open task manager and force close the game.

2 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Not yet. Once this update rolls out (if it this update and we all ready it correctly) then they should be pretty damn nerfed compared to how they are right now. Until then if you see a stingray on field don’t bring a frigate or dessie. Or a fighter. Or actually just open task manager and force close the game.

Or use their weakness and just kill them. Last time I saw a Stingray on the battle field when I was flying a frigate he was focusing on me. First attack - he died. Second attack - I died, cause there were two gunships and I didn’t fully heal up. Third attack he died. Seconds later the second Stingray died. Fourth attack - same story. Finished the game with 8 kills, 6 of them were Stingrays. Seriously - what is so OP in them now? Or maybe I’m meeting only stupid pilots that feeding me kills with Taikins and Stingrays? 

5 minutes ago, OwnageMaster said:

Or use their weakness and just kill them. Last time I saw a Stingray on the battle field when I was flying a frigate he was focusing on me. First attack - he died. Second attack - I died, cause there were two gunships and I didn’t fully heal up. Third attack he died. Seconds later the second Stingray died. Fourth attack - same story. Finished the game with 8 kills, 6 of them were Stingrays. Seriously - what is so OP in them now? Or maybe I’m meeting only stupid pilots that feeding me kills with Taikins and Stingrays? 

Imo it is OP compared to other Fed Gunships (except maybe Wolfhound). I haven’t had a problem fighting any Stingray lately, most of them are easy to counter.

Once again I will say how this changes will work = will be implemented in the game is yet to be seen.

I fear again that this restriction for one unique module will bring us a more unbalanced game than it is now.

Let me explain until you-devs don’t nerf Tai’kin only thing that can fight that OP ship are some premiums with unique OP combos and even that does not make those premiums equal to that OP=Tai’kin ship.

Next what bothers me is where are multiple tiers that should be implemented? 

Do you still remember that poll a few weeks ago that was made by LOOK AT MY FINGER it is pointing on you DEVS.

Whatever happened to that? Are you still ignoring 75% of community and favorizing 25%??

Next thing is low-RANK bonuses? Why are those still here? It some player would like to abuse low R ship it is only because you allow it with that broken low-rank bonus system.

What happened to limits? Why are limits still here? Spawm of messages because of surplus materials and credits is blyak.  

Ahh and then we have rewards in GS where you favor reward time of low population here.

Please remove that or make it so that people that go to work in EU and RUS can play for GS in friendly time for us too.

Now you are discriminating me and most of non US players.

New game mods that are actually old good mods 

I welcome that it is good and refreshing, except survival - I don’t prefer to see this again until we have weapons that can kill in a 2-3 sec in regular PvP.

Also if you will bring back Captain recon and Cap all beacons or destroy all enemy ships please remove HOT JOINING.

Let those games begin with full teams = easier to balance too.

Even if mod Combat recon was and still is my favorite mod from all mods I would implement an option where all players from one team would have 30sec to vote captain in their team.

I didn’t like when a player with just one ship ( usually noo b) in the slot was picked for captain on one side and on another side, we had some good if not an excellent player for the captain who had four ships in the slots. 

1 hour ago, OwnageMaster said:

When I read this  ![:facepalm:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/facepalm.png “:facepalm:”)

I would propose poll  ![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”);

OM=OwnageMaster

a.) OM is the best player in SC

b.) OM can basically two shot everything

c.) OM is just theoretic  

d.) OM is making 15-20 kills per game.

e.) everyone is scared when OM goes to PvP

f.) OM is Legend

g.) even Chuck Norris is running in front of OM

h.) OM is my idol

Please all nine people active here can vote  ![:rudolf:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/rudolf.gif “:rudolf:”)

In Combat Recon, just restrict the captain selection to pilots who have 3+ ships slotted. Ezpz.

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

In Combat Recon, just restrict the captain selection to pilots who have 3+ ships slotted. Ezpz.

And what if none of them have it?

15 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

And what if none of them have it?

Then pick the highest ships