Entry 81 — New ships

Okay so I’m a bit late because I’ve still half-quit SC because the crashes just won’t stop coming… but whatever.

Executor

This ship on paper looks like the perfect JLRF. from the slimmer design to the unique special module to the unique active module which should be available or furthermore… inbuilt into every other JLRF the ship just seems to have more and more positives the longer I think it over as a LRF player. 

I do however still have my concerns. With regards to the unique guided torpedo it is hard to gauge just how it works since it apparently splits off into smaller homing missiles which is where my concern comes into play. The only module right now with similar function in game is the missile swarm module for guards and that module is  horrible. The missiles have poor tracking, stupendously low turning speed and minimal range and if this is replicated in the new guided torpedo then it may as well not exist as in PvP more likely than not the target the missiles lock onto will either evade them or just flat out go out of range before the missile has turned around. Please for the sanity of the remaining JLRF players let it be better than missile swarm.

Dyrnwyn

This little ECM looks stupendously annoying to deal with on paper in comparison to the Executor although in comparison it looks like a hell of a lot of fun to play. Now what concerns I have with this ship aren’t so much regarding to it being lackluster but more or less along the lines of: “Isn’t this a bit much?

The special module although it looks amazing to play with looks like a living nightmare to anyone who, like me, despise the stuns of ECMs as the entry says:

23 hours ago, Deelena said:

the ship becomes invulnerable and invisible, generating a controlled hologram on the battlefield, which, when approaching the enemy ship, puts it into stasis.

If it is the case of every ship in a x radius is immediately stunned then expect rage quits left and right because this sounds like a nightmare to be against. That aside, the unique weapon looks nice on paper - hopefully it isn’t another bow weapon (we have enough, seriously, stop)… The active module description is a bit confusing at first glance - does it stop enemies from seeing their allies or your allies?

Other than that, both ship designs look absolutely amazing! I can’t wait to get a hold of them… well, the Executor at least  ![:012j:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/012j.png “:012j:”) 

From my sources, torp split swarm seem to have the same lock mechanism as destro’s Tempest, but all will depend on target capture cone and missile amount. If missiles have 360’ capture degree and just depend on if target is in range, its gonna give guards hard work to do.
Btw, how gonna Dome and Active missile shield work against it?

Wait

New ship can be assembled with the help of a special resource — ‘ ship parts

• You are only going to need the original parts of the ship you want to build
  • Ship parts can be obtained by completing tasks from the UMC
  • Ship parts can be obtained in special container-bundles
  • Bundles with ship parts can be purchased immediately by clicking on the ‘Buy’ button under the ship’s icon.

No more electrum, just 1k parts, Karud style?

7 minutes ago, Rob40468 said:

From my sources, torp split swarm seem to have the same lock mechanism as destro’s Tempest, but all will depend on target capture cone and missile amount. If missiles have 360’ capture degree and just depend on if target is in range, its gonna give guards hard work to do.
Btw, how gonna Dome and Active missile shield work against it?

Wait

No more electrum, just 1k parts, Karud style?

Ah that’s good to hear. Also if the latter is true then I hope the r16 and 17s all get the same treatment. Grinding 60 electrum is a pain.

4 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Ah that’s good to hear. Also if the latter is true then I hope the r16 and 17s all get the same treatment. Grinding 60 electrum is a pain.

It’ll be the same pain if we need over 1000 parts.

8 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

It’ll be the same pain if we need over 1000 parts.

If the new ships got the part treatment then I’d hope the devs would see sense and keep it at 1k. Also note how special missions and containers were mentioned - so the pain would be far less and you’d actually get giant boosts to your progress.

Also refining 60 Enriched electrum costs a lot of f**king credits.

35 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Getting 60 electrum is way faster than getting hundreds of parts for current ship parts we have now. For electrum you don’t need to spend a lot of time like with the parts. Keep in mind that if all r16 and r17 ships would get the same treatment, you would have little chance to get the part you want because I’m sure there would be an equal chance to get a part for each ship. Currently at r15 you can get only Karud parts. Imagine if there would be ~10 more possible ship parts to get. Currently getting 60 enriched electrum equals to doing 36 daily missions that take less than 10 minutes each. Is spending 6 hours in 36 days a pain? You can boost it with 8(5 without premium) raw electrum OS missions sometimes. Even if you could choose what ship part you want, getting electrum is still faster unless getting parts will be insanely fast. Also if even current ships would be changed, what about people who wasted thousands of iridium to get all the blueprints but don’t have enough electrum to craft all of these ships or have already 2 cabins of out 3?

Of course it depend on its implementation. Devs can do ~500 parts with easy daily mission for 20 of them each day so it will be easy and fast or they can do 1000 parts with 3-stage daily missions giving 1-5 parts each day so we will all beg for being able to craft these ships with electrum again, even random iridium boxes would be fine compared to this. Containers will be GS only anyway, I’m sure for this.

Anyway, I thought that the problem with new r16 and r17 wasn’t the electrum but random boxes with blueprints that give insane amount of duplicates. Tweaking box mechanics to drastically reduce chance for duplicates would be enough to solve all problems. It seems that devs listened to players and there will be no more wasting iridium for getting duplicates over and over again. Changes could be better but also could be much much worse.

Seriously, why don’t just fix the blueprint boxes?

If we had select containers for parts then it would be logical to have it like we had star marathon would it not? That is how we used to get ship parts instead of wading through the trophy search to find them.

Come to think of it, why was star marathon removed in the first place…

It would be great if there was a module that allowed the guided torpedo to vary projectile speed and strafe.

can you guys advertise over the US and the EU it takes me at least 5 min to get in a match? Plz  :D

Are we going to see new Destroyers  Pre/after war.

Would it possible to be able to implement paying low tear AI to fight with you in open space the future?

Are we going to see new missions?

Is it possible to increase the story mode so the grind wouldn’t be soo repetitive?  

Hmm… interesting

The Executor, judging from the picture, seems to be yet another asymmetrical Jericho ship like the Mauler.

… Though appearance can be deceiving, since we’ve only see the left side of the ship.

“Obtainable through UNC tasks” 

Return of the Star Marathon perhaps?

Any news on the R17 Fed Guard?

Of the 3 new T6 ships, the Fed Guard has an in-game silhouette but is not shown here in the Dev Blog.

Please don’t be like NY18.

21 minutes ago, Schwarzschild said:

what do you mean by this? if you mean the movement system, then likely not

Didn’t Karud and Brokk cost the same amount of ship parts, which is 600? And also, if we will get the Star Marathons back then they better make them more rewarding, in case you don’t remember they used to give you a container for 10 won battles, which for the most part were either Fire Supports or Defence Contracts, the problem is that the container gives 2, 10 or 50 parts, for a ship that requires 600 that is an unbearably low amount, and you had that task available once a day, so it would take at most 300 days, or approx. 10 months of daily playing to get one, on very rare occasions you would get 10 parts, but I for one never got 50, and I opened hundreds of those, if they will do this for the R16s, and if they will need 1000, then they better increase the rewards and lower the requirements.

Also, if you remember the summer last year(I think it was that), we had an event where 20 xenochips were worth 20 ship parts for any ship craftable for parts that we needed, and we got more than 20 xenos a day, I think up to 40-60, so it was a matter of weeks, if not days to get any ship, even the highest ranking ones, but now they made them even harder to get making them available only at certain times, basically making it harder for you to build a ship the more you have, some things to keep in mind, the grind may be unbearably long, random, and available at certain times, now you see why those tasks were removed?

8 hours ago, Schwarzschild said:

Hmm… interesting

The Executor, judging from the picture, seems to be yet another asymmetrical Jericho ship like the Mauler.

… Though appearance can be deceiving, since we’ve only see the left side of the ship.

It is assymetrival. The extension you see is only on the one side. The other site has only a really small one.

11 hours ago, Schwarzschild said:

Hmm… interesting

It must be asymetrical, i mean look at the gun mounts:

2 On the front

2 On the lower part of the middle segment

2 on the missile pod

=> 2 + 2 + 2 = 6 ; that’s all the guns a LRF has, therefore no guns on the righten side.

And ofc only pilots with a lvl 16 clearance acan get this ships, isn’t it? 

could it please be obtainable from lvl clearance 10 or 12 or 13 ( 13 cuz of electrum)

On 5/24/2018 at 2:44 AM, Deelena said:

da6f65f8c797c010d8a438fb4c50.jpg

Is it just me or this ship resembles a small Archon with extra wingy bits?

Dyrnwyn looks nothing like Archon.

25 minutes ago, Farfalla said:

Just you… this doesn’t look like archon, whatsoever

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:12 AM, Farfalla said:

nope, a reconfigged Spike maybe…

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:09 AM, Seby88 said:

And ofc only pilots with a lvl 16 clearance acan get this ships, isn’t it? 

could it please be obtainable from lvl clearance 10 or 12 or 13 ( 13 cuz of electrum)

umm, no, work your way up like everybody else, low ranks already get stupid damage buffs, you want a trophy w/ that?