Engineer upgrade: Eclipse missiles

Name                               Eclipse missiles 17
Type                                Homing missile (double tap)
Group:                              ■ Engineer modules
Fits:                                 Hydra 2, Minotaur, Naga, Alligator M, Anaconda, Grizzly, T Rex, and premium ships of same role
Allowed ranks:                   2-5; 6-10, 11-17
DPS:                          323 dmg/s
Blast (EM)                  5491 dmg

Total damage (EM)    10982 dmg
Recharge                      10 s
Explosion radius           400 m
Flight range                5920 m
Flight speed               1380 m/s
Maneuvering speed        80 deg/s
Charges in cartridge        5 pts
Cartridge reloading       120 s
Description                   Launches a double tap volley of 2 guided missiles. Deals EM explosion damage. The two guided missiles can avoid obstacles in their path. Missile impact releases nanorobots that attack and damage enemies in explosion radius. Nanorobots repair ships with allied ship signature for 10 s. In combination with the main weapon Eclipse launcher, a hit of the cloud with it will ignite it and make the EM nanodrobot cloud explode, dealing explosion damage to enemy ships.

I like this idea a lot, or repair drones, but engineers need some type of secondary weapon heal.

On 15.4.2018 at 7:10 AM, Debonair19645 said:

I like this idea a lot, or repair drones, but engineers need some type of secondary weapon heal.

Thank you!

I agree with the concept of a healing missile, but I’m probably gonna stick to minefields for my sappers,

+1 anyways, also the missile should be able to destroy enemy deployables, drones, and a few other things (grav anomalies etc)

On 18.4.2018 at 4:54 PM, evo888 said:

I agree with the concept of a healing missile, but I’m probably gonna stick to minefields for my sappers,

+1 anyways, also the missile should be able to destroy enemy deployables, drones, and a few other things (grav anomalies etc)

There is already kinda like this module in the atlas, “Explosive Restoration”, but its not guided missile.

We got 2 Healing Missiles in the Fleet Upgrade : Protector Torpedo and Energy Compensating-Projectile

7 hours ago, Rakza said:

We got 2 Healing Missiles in the Fleet Upgrade : Protector Torpedo and Energy Compensating-Projectile

above is not missiles : missiles in discussion refer to the secondary weapon option in the missile slot

20 minutes ago, avarshina said:

above is not missiles : missiles in discussion refer to the secondary weapon option in the missile slot

They are modules following missiles mechanics.

They are Missiles but considering the Cartridge reload and the limitation imposed by missile slot itself in battle, they made the choice to give more missiles through modules.

SuperNova Torpedo / Squall Launcher / Mine Network / Swarm Missile / Protector Torpedo / Energy Compensating Projectile are new missiles under the form of Module.

Because if they had put them in missile slot, Hello the tons of post complaining about new toys being countered by Anti-Missile Shield / Active Missile Shield / MS Dome / Remote Detonator or the lack of defensive tools like drones and Minelayers.

It would also have made the “Mass Drone booster” pointless