Engine Suppressor

We got a problem here, the weapon variety is so low that sometimes you must stick with 1 type of weapon in order tu sucess, I miss having a high pool of weapons to choose from.

Hopefully in the future we will have more weapons so roles and games in general will be more diverse.

Tacklers and Fed Gunships can’t use Ions because it’s the worst dogfight wepaon, Empire Commands can’t use bubbles unless they fit them with decent speed and maneuver, even with that Ions are way better for that ships. Gunships with Gauss are ok but compared to Ion or Bubbles (and even Railguns) they don’t do enough damage.

And the list would be longer if we start talking about Interceptors, Frigates and the fact that some weapons are just trash compared to others. Seems that some ships and roles are stuck with one or maybe two weapons out of four, and that’s not good.

You deny the power if imperial bubble commands? HOW DARE YOU!

I don’t agree with that. Pulse Lasers have very high fire rate and for a few seconds Pulse Lasers deal a lot of damage and then overheat. When using Ion you have lower fire rate, and if you are not using Overdrive it’s even lower, and you need to keep the laser constantly on the enemy to deal good damage on him. 

This is partially true. 60 shots per minutes is not when actual dmg applied these are Crit hit checks, i.e. every second it checks if it crits and then for full second all dmg ticks will be critical, actual dmg is done every moment of ions connecting with a target hit box so mechanically wise it works “kinda similar” to pulse lasers but with no spread and much longer overheat. While it is gonna sux to hit a good interceptor for 1.3 second to gain benefit of resistance bypassing, with good mouse+acceleration on mouse movement turned off and relatively wide area on your game table to allow freedom of movement for your arm it is pretty good.

In no way i am advocating Ions as a close range dogfighting weapon, but it is no worse than an assault rails and definitely better than Gauss.

You deny the power if imperial bubble commands? HOW DARE YOU!

What power? I mean your Prom X with 0 CPU slots can’t do much with Bubble guns.

In no way i am advocating Ions as a close range dogfighting weapon, but it is no worse than an assault rails and definitely better than Gauss.

Yeah, I know, I just meant that for fast ships like Fed Gunships, bubbles are just the way to go. Ions are indeed decent/good but then you’re not making use of your high engine values so… you should just pick an Empire ship and do the same but better, with more damage, resistances and crita values.

What power? I mean your Prom X with 0 CPU slots can’t do much with Bubble guns.

Yeah, I know, I just meant that for fast ships like Fed Gunships, bubbles are just the way to go. Ions are indeed decent/good but then you’re not making use of your high engine values so… you should just pick an Empire ship and do the same but better, with more damage, resistances and crita values.

Assault rails also do nice in fed gunships. Either they are bonused to them, or you can hit close and neat, avoiding the typical railgun spread after 1 sec.

Assault rails also do nice in fed gunships. Either they are bonused to them, or you can hit close and neat, avoiding the typical railgun spread after 1 sec.

I used to use assault rails a long time ago on the Bear, and they were indeed good. I tried them in Wolf and Wolf-M nowdays and I can’t find a proper ship fit to make them deadly like Bubbles, Ions or Gauss.

I used to use assault rails a long time ago on the Bear, and they were indeed good. I tried them in Wolf and Wolf-M nowdays and I can’t find a proper ship fit to make them deadly like Bubbles, Ions or Gauss.

Wolf critical build with both infrared and crit ammo is quite good, mostly beacuse of wolf bonus to rails.

Wolf M maybe works a bit better with bubbles, although I haven’t flown that ship too much.

Wolf critical build with both infrared and crit ammo is quite good, mostly beacuse of wolf bonus to rails.

Wolf M maybe works a bit better with bubbles, although I haven’t flown that ship too much.

Problems with that: No Emergency Barrier, low range on AR (3000 metters). 

Even with that bonuses, I see Nukem I or DE doing better with AR…

I used iridium for faster fire rate, and the low range of AR is not a problem for the Wolf, since you are expected to be close to the enemy. In fact that is the only reason I can’t handle AR with DE, they are too slow and you will be always out of optimal range.

I never missed the EB in the wolf. I had thermal resistance for shields, so instapop from desintegrators or torpedoes was not a problem.

You know what I see? I see CJ running an AssRail D-Eagle. And beating the living crap out of everything between him and the end of the match.

You know what I see? I see CJ running an AssRail D-Eagle. And beating the living crap out of everything between him and the end of the match.

He’s using the Nukem I, but yeah.

And the first time I read I thought you meant Carl Jhonson from GTA San Andreas, I was like wtf, did CJ steal a D-Ealge?

He’s using the Nukem I, but yeah.

I saw him in a D-Eagle on that first Recon match, I’m sure of it…

sir neocodex may I see your implants aswell? :slight_smile:

will post my set-up aswell so you can take a look and maybe give me some advice thanks XD