Engine Overcharge for Frigates

The tittle says.

The module is used on Gunships and it increases the maximum speed of your ship.

Think about the option.

I dont think this could ruin the game, is another module to chose.

Really, there should be a “speed me up” module for all ships. I hate it when I’m in my guard and I’m the last one to everywhere.

+999 for this.

No.

Don’t want frigs speeding around all over the map. Beacon games would become impossible. And imagine a jeri guard picks up a bomb and activates this module to plant it.

No.

X

no, fine for OS, but terrible for pvp

Actually, even though I don’t like this idea but a certain speed boost mechanic for frigates would be feasible to counter gravi lens. 200 % speed boost for 2-3 seconds while using up a lot of energy would be enough. But only if gravi lens will not get a nerf. Otherwise such speed boost for frigates would be problematic and would mess with balance a lot. Just think of destroyers and their ability to get to the enemy so fast.

sorcery post

that could work

Will be not good for Frigate’s balance

Will be not good for Frigate’s balance

I disagree.

This statement needs further exaggeration.

I disagree.

This statement needs further exaggeration.

It’s a) a disadvantage of the class.

It’s b) an advantage of federation.

c) Next Q.Qers will arise with saying that frigates shouldn’t be so fast to escape.

If you want a fast frigate, spend real money on a destroyer.

I still don’t understand. Why do you want to change other frigate’s specials for Engine Overcharge?

If you want a fast frigate, spend real money on a destroyer.

I got destroyer r8 and r11 with in-game money, not a single real penny paid.

I think an active module that will let you thrust fast for like 300m is a good thing - black hole now is a death sentence for slow frigs making those builds rly flawed

Ok, it’s not needed, only was a suggestion, another module option for the frigates.

We’re trying concentrate our work on the ideas, which will motivate the pilot to actually play his role in the battle. Additional modules is great, but not necessary.

I think an active module that will let you thrust fast for like 300m is a good thing - black hole now is a death sentence for slow frigs making those builds rly flawed

You say, that a DISADVANTAGE is a DISADVANTAGE? Wow. Such realisation!

Just to give an additional attempt: Warp Gate and Reverse Thrusters.

So how about guard engine over drive… one that doesnt really give advantage, because of it drawbacks… for example module takes 2-3 sec to sharge up and then it boosts for few seconds, while redicing turn rate while enginge buuuurrrnnn. After burn finishes low turn rate remains for couple of more seconds… you know, for engine to take a breath or two.

Similar like boost in Elite Dangerous.

(ramming speed!! wooo)

Ofcourse it would be possible module… as any other very (cluelessly) “useful” thing that was implemented so far (because someone said so).

No interest, it aint happening…

Good idea tho.

Personally i wouldnt use it. Other modules more important for frigates.

If it was allowed for all ships, then overdrive destros… Destros all over the place… Game over…

Even for frigs, I don’t think it’s needed. They are supposed to be slower, but once they get there, they can be hard to take down. So I think it’s fine as it is.