Emergency Barrier and Combat Reconnaissance

As we know, the Emergency Barrier module provides a ship with 2 seconds of immunity to damage with no other penalties. I cannot speak about how it looks like in high tiers (somewhat 3 and mostly 4 to be exact), but the way most ships use this ability is kinda not what I would expect from it.

What I expect is a module that grants ability to survive no matter how ridiculous spike damage and fly away, repair, basically - survive. What is happening is that everyone is using this as a free 2 seconds DPS, which is especially annoying when interceptors are swarming your captain in Combat Recon - and this is the issue I am addressing here most of all.

Unless I am missing something really important, that is not intended use for this module. Interceptors just come by and are like “I always have extra 2 seconds to spam gunfire, rockets, missiles, torpedoes, mines, abilities and God knows what else I may have at my disposal AND you can’t do jack about it”.

So…

How about making it an actual survival module? You are immune to damage. Cool, but you can’t shoot, launch missiles and use abilities. Maybe let’s toss increased speed for few seconds to help you escape, but free DPS, especially in game mode that expects you to deny enemy the chance of damaging a specific target is just silly.

I don’t think you’re “intended” to do anything specific with the extra time.

There’s nothing game breaking about this even in combat recon. If you sit in a tight clump and only shoot people going for your captain when they’re already on him then you deserve to lose to this tactic.

Also, I believe this module doesn’t make you immune to EWAR so actually there is something you can do about it.

Did you know you can lock up the ship and just ram the ship, just drop mines on him or just use the self destruct module. Emergency barrier already got nerfed by 1 second two patches ago, its working perfectly now because it give you the ability to go into combat take damage and get out.

I think it would be very simple to make it if the barrier just burns all your energy, that would still let you fly away but it would also prevent the abuse of suicide modules on interceptors

I think it would be very simple to make it if the barrier just burns all your energy, that would still let you fly away but it would also prevent the abuse of suicide modules on interceptors

Um no. If it got rid of all your energy you wouldn’t have any to afterburn with and thus you can’t exactly fly away as everything will still be with you. If you make a suggestion, make it a worthwhile one ;).

Maybe make all module use other than those under survival and restoration impossible for 2 secs or something.

Um no. If it got rid of all your energy you wouldn’t have any to afterburn with and thus you can’t exactly fly away as everything will still be with you. If you make a suggestion, make it a worthwhile one ;). Maybe make all module use other than those under survival and restoration impossible for 2 secs or something.

yours is useless as well. it’s just 1 second now, barely enough time to turn around