Elite Pack: A little disappointed

Just some personal feedback on the Packs. The Elite one felt very slim in comparison to the first two, as it didn’t give any additional benefit. The Dragonfly is awesome but the rest of it is well. Disappointing.

There are three “packs” on Steam: 

Mercenary Pack - £15

• “Allowance” 3500 galactic standards.
  • “VIP-Card” A permanent +10% reputation gain bonus.
  • “Private warehouse” A premium-sized warehouse for modules and weapons.
  • “Artifact scanner” Grants an additional attempt when searching for loot after the battle.

Galaxy Explorer Pack - £30

• “Fat Wallet”. 10000 gold standards!
  • “Gold VIP”. Permanent 10% bonus to reputation gain and a 10% bonus to ships experience gain - speed up the development of your ships!
  • Unique T2 Federation interceptor
  • Unique T3 Empire fighter
  • “Personal Storage”. Get the maximum size of your warehouse for modules and weaponry!
  • “Decorations.” A unique set of 5 stickers for your ships

Elite Pilot Pack - £60

• “Money Bag”. 25,000 gold standards!
  • “Platinum VIP”. Permanent 10% bonus to reputation gain as well as 10% bonuses to ships experience gain - Become the leader!
  • Unique T2 Empire interceptor
  • Unique T2 Jericho frigate
  • Unique T3 Jericho fighter
  • Unique T3 Federation fighter
  • “Personal Storage”. Get he maximum size of your warehouse for modules and weaponry!
  • “Elite stickers.” A unique collection of 10 luxury stickers for your ships

• I bought the smallest pack upon joining the game as a sign of support and because I needed standards to start a corporation anyway. It worked out better than just buying standards. No problems there.
  • I bought the second pack not long after as the corp stuff was erm well. Expensive. Let’s suffice to say I tanked a lot of standards into it by now. Still not a big deal there, decent enough value.
  • The third pack is where I had some issues. First, it’s very expensive. Sure you get a ton of gold standards but I really didn’t have much need for that much. That could be toned down and the price point lowered to about £45. Quite frankly, for any game £60 is hugely out of proportion with market standards. The real ‘issues’ I took with it though, besides for the price was:
    • Personal Storage : I would have liked to see an additional increase for those who have all packs. Quite frankly, my warehouse is half full now and I haven’t played that long.
    • Elite Stickers : These were disappointing to say the least. Just give the pack “select any 10 stickers of your choice” or something along those lines. The Elite Stickers are among the ugliest in the game.
    • VIP : I am not sure if it does or doesn’t - but do these bonuses stack or can you only have one VIP level?

My suggestion :

• Bring the pack down to £45
  • Lower the Gold Standards in it to 15 to 20k
  • Increase the Personal Storage by another 1k
  • Do something interesting with the Elite Stickers

Edit: For reference - I already own the third pack too - so I’m not asking for a price reduction for my personal benefit.

The elite pack is 2x 12.5k GS = 75 euro

so you are getting quite some extra things besides that. I would buy the elite pack if i had the money for it…-damn money!-

I can see your point though, but I like the pack as is.

Imagine if stickers added like certain bonuses to ships like this sticker adds +10 to speed or this adds 7 chull repair points a second or something.

JP and then we are right back at P2W…no thanks

ah but the stickers are from normal ingame credits. Gold ones just last longer. i will make a new thread about this but avoiding P2W all together.

Why does everything need to give a boost though…I hate such systems…Just look at WoT…it’s an insane money sink only rich people can afford truely(whether ingame rich or real life “rich”)

Make the stickers more obvious, place more of em on frigates and i’d be fine with it.

Actually the best system is the ability to make your own custom sticker 500 x 500 pixels. Also there should be custom stickers for corporations, as it will make more incentive to buy into a corp or join one.

I also disagree with the price of the Elite pack… In US dollars, it is about $80 through Steam… In perspective, that is the price you would pay if you bought Skyrim ($60 when it first came out) and one of its two major DLCs ($20). Most brand new games come out costing less then the Elite Pack. I enjoy this game, however, I would not value the Elite Pack that high… If I was going to spend that much money, I would buy it on a new game, with everything unlocked…

Also, adding to what I just said, I just looked up the price for Battlefield 4. You can Pre order a PC Download, or buy the physical game for ($59.99). I personaly would drop the price of the Elite pack to at most $50, and the explorer to probably $35, or $40.

IIf they didn’t include the cost of the gold standards with the pack or just added them for free then you can deduct about 20 dollars for each pack.

When I bought my Elite pack I paid £44.99 so why did they increase the price through steam?

Custom stickers in 3d engines directly on the models are usually made up by pre-selected parts, this is very much why many games offer logo generators, where you can mix couple of layers and give them a hue. Which would also be a nice system for corps to create a sticker for their members, or even by each person individually. Usually thats because you use them as textures, which you would have to sync, etc., it’s not an easy task. That way however you have a finite set of parts creating a very big variety of possibilities. It can however also look dull.

However having the ability to buy a corp sticker which can be uploaded per corp, and is rendered to a sticker, and can be applied by their members, would be phenomenal. I don’t think it would work with every single pilot tho :slight_smile:

This almost needs its own thread, go for it JP.

And yeah, select 10 stickers is a way better bonus, and actually, that’s why I never bothered thinking about the elite pack. It seems also far overpriced, which might be subjective, but this subject agrees.

The elite pack is 2x 12.5k GS = 75 euro

so you are getting quite some extra things besides that. I would buy the elite pack if i had the money for it…-damn money!-

I can see your point though, but I like the pack as is.

The GS didn’t interest me at all when acquiring the pack - I’d be fine if the pack came with a lot less.

I’m sitting on a ton of GS which I can’t do anything with as the new wave of ships (pirate ones) can’t be purchased with them, I’m not interested in buying missiles or modules as they ruin the fun of loot for me (and are a waste of money imo) and the remaining premium ships are well, not good.

The GS didn’t interest me at all when acquiring the pack - I’d be fine if the pack came with a lot less.

I’m sitting on a ton of GS which I can’t do anything with as the new wave of ships (pirate ones) can’t be purchased with them, I’m not interested in buying missiles or modules as they ruin the fun of loot for me (and are a waste of money imo) and the remaining premium ships are well, not good.

But that is depandent on the person then isn’t it? Some people(Like me) have no problem at all with the GS since we will find a goal for it, might be a less than great goal, but we will find a goal for it.

And I think they use the GS in the pack as indicator for how high they should price it.