Effective Engineer - The Works

In Star Conflict, there are two types of Engineer’s. An Empire version and a Federation version, both having their own strengths and weaknesses. Engineer’s can deploy a variety of modules that can shield allies, repair their hull and shield without user input and even fire a gun that mass heals their allies. I will not be covering special weapons such as WL13 Emitter for Brokk or Waz’Got as they’re not the core engineer weapons. 

• Special Engineer Modules

Spoiler

Mass Shield Generator 

Capture.PNG.907a635d145b0ff5d415273dd19e0f36.PNG

“Pirate” Mass Shield Generator"

- Heals allies shield 
- **Charges more with energy used**

“Pirate” Mass Shield Generator"

8.PNG.1df55b8fa358e16a56b97ef31bc6d945.PNG

- Heals far more than Mass Shield Generator & has higher range but has a higher cooldown and energy use 

Nano Drone Cloud

Capture2.PNG.dc967a6ebe0414becec00988a4c1be27.PNG

- Heals allies hull 
  - **Charges more with energy used**

Energy Emitter

3.PNG.d66b77d92431e60eb566b654c2cf1c57.PNG

- Recharges allies capacitor 
  - Active restores more in a burst 

Autonomous Repair Station

4.PNG.e10577fbf7a9113d70de9a3e8dd943b2.PNG

- Passively charges allies hull, the most damaged only. 

Autonomous Charging Station

5.PNG.b1081c5b47e2d8725719eb2ee2d35e05.PNG

- Passively charges allies shield, but only for the most damaged enemy. 

Warp Gate

6.PNG.9747f28d3f6496cf02e467ed4a7f3fb1.PNG

- Warps you and allies forward 5000m. Can be hacked. 

Static Barrier

7.PNG.e6b3d4017aa07f4b8bd8643ffe356b95.PNG

- Deploys a strong shield 200m from your ship, blocking all but piercing damages 
  - Will not block Explosive weapons or piercing such as 
  - Coil Mortar(only if you're close to the barrier) 
  - Singularity Cannon 
  - Waz'Dum 

• Engineer’s Weapon’s 

Spoiler

Eclipse Launcher

9.PNG.8d38eb5f6bc46922ca07781259810565.PNG

Heals allies in a cluster, heals about 310 hull per hit with a 50m explosive radius. 

How to properly use Engineering modules

Spoiler

“Pirate” Mass Shield Generator & Nano Drone Cloud spammed versus non-spam healing. 3,000 Capacitor on Brokk(Only engineer with 3 capacitor allowing this build)

Courtesy to ORCA for being a good whale and helping!

Use each module separately, if you spam Nano Drone and Mass Shield- one will be much less effective versus a full capacitor!

Build Differences

• Empire
    • Tough, mostly  stationary ships with a lower capacitor versus federation due to lower Capacitor/Shield slot’s at lower ranks but quickly becomes useful at higher ranks.
  • Federation
    • Fast, agile engineer with decent capacity plus lower afterburner usages resulting in a decent “Adaptive Shield” build to heal allies in close range and quickly get out.

To be an EFFECTIVE engineer you must have a decent capacitor, low capacitor’s are common in lower ranks but the damaged received out weighs that, but at higher ranks it quickly becomes an issue.

All suggestions are welcome, if it’s viewed as “informational” that I’ve not covered I will add it.

Terrorblade said

•  

11 hours ago, IFreakinLoveBass said:

Use each module separately, if you spam Nano Drone and Mass Shield- one will be much less effective versus a full capacitor!

use nanodrone -> pop energy ->  use mass shield gen. You can do big heals with both if you use energy emitter – it’s a good AOE to have in general, as well. Destroyers/guards on your team will love it

Adaptive shield federation engi (the go in and get out) is not very good anymore. There are too many slowing debuffs and adaptives dont work on hull anymore (in addition a destroyer will tear right through that adaptive build)

In current meta empire/alien engineer is much more effective. Might as well not bother with fed engineers (except for octopus and maybe t-rex if you have good map knowledge)

29 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

use nanodrone -> pop energy ->  use mass shield gen. You can do big heals with both if you use energy emitter – it’s a good AOE to have in general, as well. Destroyers/guards on your team will love it

Well, I think this is self-explanatory, yet I still encounter engineers without a single support/healing module.

Last time I encountered a Waz’Got who had 0 support modules and played it like a Gunship.

3 hours ago, Koromac said:

Well, I think this is self-explanatory, yet I still encounter engineers without a single support/healing module.

Last time I encountered a Waz’Got who had 0 support modules and played it like a Gunship.

Like this?:

Spoiler

screenshot-171203-201206.jpg.bcd065b06a553a29b2ef925b03fd669d.jpg

4 hours ago, Koromac said:

Then a guide like this was needed. People don’t know and I agree, I see a lot of bull like this too. 

WazGot was done with an idea to allow to play as an offensive ship, because all the engineers are “only good” as heal bots

Yous should compare mk4 items.

5 hours ago, xKostyan said:

because all the engineers are “only good” as heal bots

you can play naga offensively and still heal with AOE heals.

2 hours ago, _terrorblade said:

you can  used to play naga  Minotaur offensively and still heal with AOE heals.

fixed it for you

Maybe by offensive you mean dive engineer?

I’m playing posi naga in t5. Positioning is perhaps a bit defensive but I can deal plenty of dmg and I count that as offensive  ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

exhibit A

https://i.imgur.com/lmGMls4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/w2Oppu7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xqLCPHU.jpg

54 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

Maybe by offensive you mean dive engineer?

I’m playing posi naga in t5. Positioning is perhaps a bit defensive but I can deal plenty of dmg and I count that as offensive  ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

exhibit A

Hide contents

https://i.imgur.com/lmGMls4.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/w2Oppu7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xqLCPHU.jpg

Are these the games “with so many good players” in RU/EU times you were just telling [@niripas](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/244639-niripas/) about?  ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

They’re not that bad ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

Better on avg than ones I met in US timezone (occasionally I’ll see like NERW or someone but that’s it).

But yeah when there are really good players on enemy team I take tharga or jaguar. Although these games had some good players as well (stardollar, deleted, some nova guy).

ofc you’re not going to see many recognisable names since you don’t seem to play right now (at least not when I play) and because most of the old ones have left. Some of these new players actually play decent

Eu/RU time definitely has more good players, but they do have more of pretty bad players too, and at the end, the overall ratio of good to bad is hardly that much different and this was the case for a long time, what really different is that in EU/RU times on average games are bigger. Bigger games = more Aces on a team = more free kills, especially with an alfa dmg guns.

2 hours ago, xKostyan said:

Bigger games = more Aces on a team = more free kills, especially with an alfa dmg guns.

I agree. But that doesn’t discount naga’s ability as offensive engi, considering it can outscore other ships under same circumstances (bad players on enemy team)

Outscoring =/= being offencive in my book. You can build a SawOne for gauss and be in the same position as Naga, otscoring everybody while collecting kills with gauss, would you call that an offensive command too?

Adaptive octopus and minotaur were capable of being offencive engineers, naga is paper thin compared to those, aftrr adaptive nerf we only have something like phoenix and styx that could do something relatable. Atleast now WazGot could do something similar too in its own way.

imho the offensive engies were (and are)

valor

polus / grizzly

osprey

(partly mammoth and octopus, followed by all the rest of fed engies)

basicly those who have the speed to keep moving in and out. the naga has neither tank nor speed, so offensive in its case means more damage, kind of like a more tactical support. but for me offensive means brawling. something the naga cannot, but the valor could. in t3 meta double valor was a valid replacement for styx, usually making the command more the primary, than the healer, even if i prefered styx+valor.

adaptive nerf and turnkey nerf hurt those ships most, but on the other hand, nothing can make better use of the new kinetic weapons (mass driver & vulcan) than these chassis

imho the wazgot is absolutely not interesting as an offensive engi, especially, because being offensive with that class was challenging, something the wazgot is only in terms of grind; maybe they should have rather concentrated on giving the existing ones a bit more help for their lost adaptives

or just reduce the hull defense effect to 30-40% on adaptives instead of completely putting it out, which, imho, was a bit of an overnerf.

You could still “kinda” do it in a Polus, thanks to a mm rank bonuses, combined with passive crit dmg bonus, and if you have a Vulcan - all together synergizes quite nicely.

2 hours ago, xKostyan said:

You could still “kinda” do it in a Polus, thanks to a mm rank bonuses, combined with passive crit dmg bonus, and if you have a Vulcan - all together synergizes quite nicely.

There is no mm rank bonus…

They should still be there… just without active icons.