ECM main module

I was discussing ships in-game when someone brought up how terrible the ECM main module is. You activate it, then the next hit is essentially guaranteed for your enemies after the shield goes down. I suggest that the time of invulnerability be removed, and the module simply used as a paralysis pulse, like the pulse at the end.

I like it the way it is, it is an extremely good offensive weapon for balled up opponents during a push.  Metastable right before a push so all the enemies get a quick freeze right as your team charges in.

You activate it, then the next hit is essentially guaranteed for your enemies

Yeah, that’s your problem. You don’t bubble in the middle of the enemy team when you’re low on health.

<insert’s Kostyan-ish style image>

</kostyan-mode>

Yeah, its more meant to be a weapon for offence/defence than a survival tool.  You are in an interceptor after all.

Regardless, my point still stands. You are a sitting duck upon shield release.

In T5, use it alongside shield regeneration and the 12c/J/Bottom implant, and you’ll be using it for more than just simple last second defense. 

12c?

And I just realized that the Nodachi’s +20% ECM power effect applies to the metastable field, so it lasts 2 seconds like the caltrop’s extra special module.

the 12c implant increases the bulk shield regeneration by 25%.    For instance, if you have 250 shield regeneration per second,  you’ll gain 312.5 per second, instead. Of course, you

have to be at 50% speed or slower, so the bubble is the perfect tool. 

Oh right

I mainly use it to tough out a nuke or missile, sometimes near enemy when friendly fire is on, or when I want to be focus fired for tactical reason, so I don’t see a problem here.

12c?

And I just realized that the Nodachi’s +20% ECM power effect applies to the metastable field, so it lasts 2 seconds like the caltrop’s extra special module.

2sec is standard

2sec is standard

Double-check your numbers. It’s only “standard” on caltrop, Nodachi, and Wakizashi AE.

The invulnerability and immobilization are useful in a few ways. I’m not an ECM pilot, so I don’t really care much, but here’s a few things you can do with it right now that you couldn’t with your version:

Tank alpha damage you can see from a mile away (EM or guided torps, nukes)

Distract the enemy team into firing at you instead of your team for six whole seconds

Use the majority of a shield booster or all of a hull repair while invulnerable

Wait out most of engine inhibitor or pulsar while the appropriate counter modules recharge

Make it really easy for an engineer to use eclipse to heal you

And more, I’m sure.

The invulnerability and immobilization are useful in a few ways. I’m not an ECM pilot, so I don’t really care much, but here’s a few things you can do with it right now that you couldn’t with your version:

Distract the enemy team into firing at you instead of your team for six whole seconds

Wait out most of engine inhibitor or pulsar while the appropriate counter modules recharge

And more, I’m sure.

*writes this to remind self to give you a thank later*

It’s also fun to use it against a tough guard or frigball if you ninja your way near them without drawing fire.

The few seconds of gun lock is enough to run the hell away to cover, with adaptives and even an energy neut missile thrown in to bother the engies.

And more, I’m sure.

make a frigate take self damage from its own mines while in bubble :smiley:

make a frigate take self damage from its own mines while in bubble :smiley:

Oooh, that’s a good one. I haven’t come across any ECMs trying to do that to my LRFs lately, though.

I’ve had a few hack ecms but generally I kill them while they are busy with someone else.