Ecliptic Projector

I’d like an ecliptic projector showing the central plane of the map (which most have) to allow keeping track of orientation.

This would especially benefit people new to the 3D space sime genre.

Some people would stick to that plane. They would never learn different orientations.

At least change the objective markers then.

E.g. make them grow and shrink or glow/dim when they’re farther off screen.

Or make the projector an active module so it’s like training weels you’ll want to get rid of for a more useful module.

Edit**: Make orientation more visible (simpler)**. It’s the main reason people I know start and then immediately stop playing SCon.

The enemy gate is ‘down’. That should be all you need.

u missed the topic

I think the problem is that most maps have a preferred axis, so there actually is an “orientation” to lose. But that’s probably not quite as fixable.

What do you guys mean by a prefered orientation?

Well, the topic is because sometimes, we can be “loss” because of a dogfight and take times to realize how we are positioned.

In my remember, there’s a keybind to reposition the ship parallel to spawn’s orientation.

Well, the topic is because sometimes, we can be “loss” because of a dogfight and take times to realize how we are positioned.

In my remember, there’s a keybind to reposition the ship parallel to spawn’s orientation.

Can somebody point that out the Keybind please as when I get “LOST” my NATURAL keybind seems place myself right smack in the opposing teams spawn.  

By preferred orientation, I mean that each map has a definite “up” and “down,” and on most maps, also a “forward” and “back”. Everyone on the same team spawns in the same orientation, and opposite teams almost always spawn facing each other, giving rise to a preferred axis. Also note that structures tend to run mostly in the middle plane of the map, and that beacons all point up and down in the same direction, accentuating the preferred axes. This is probably related to the reason why very few people fly “down”.

Oh ! Thought you were speaking about a prefered orientation on the ship’s Z axis.

@Everrfylost

I don’t remember. What I’m sure is that is you don’t touch anything for a short time, the ship do it itself.

on most maps we have a plant below which is supposed to help player orienting on axis.

Do you think this is not sufficient?