"Echo" device

another suggestion for the engineer module on waz’got, this time it is inspired by the “sapper” playstyle. it would effectively be a deployable station that slowly drains shields from an enemy in range and then gives it to a teammate within the same range, focusing on the enemy with the most shields, and the ally with the least.

• “Echo” device

active module: engineering (not special module)

deploys a station that steals shields from an enemy and gives the shields to an ally (i would imagine the range on the station being about 3k, open to changes though), drains at a rate of (insert balanced rate here, maybe 150). station lasts (i would think 30 sec, change if you want).

cooldown: 45 sec

energy drain: 500 pts

host damage: 100 pts

station health: 500 pts

additional facts:

• “Echo” device only transfers shields when both an ally and enemy are within range.

• if the enemy with the most shields within range doesn’t have enough shields to drain, the allies shield repair is stunted.

• there are green beams (imagine green versions of the reapers tractor beam) connecting the two targets to the station.

• this module is unlocked in the waz’got evolution tree, and is available to all engineers (meeting the rank quota, of course).

!NOTE!: these values are all off of the top of my head, they are very much open to modification by the developers,

Comment!

Seems cool to me, but the green beans might be a little much. Just a “shoot at the green dot” kinda thing.

4 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Seems cool to me, but the green beans beams might be a little much. Just a “shoot at the green dot” kinda thing.

perhaps, any other commentary?

2 minutes ago, evo888 said:

perhaps, any other commentary?

Id use it.

It might be better though if it sucked shields from all enemies in range and funneled them in to the ally with the lowest shields.

Just at a slightly lower rate. Like harvest crystal.

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Id I’d use it.

It might be better though if it sucked shields from all enemies in range and funneled them in to the ally with the lowest shields.

Just at a slightly lower rate. Like harvest crystal.

or even spread them among all allies, either way we’ll leave it for the developers.

any other ideas?

3 minutes ago, evo888 said:

or even spread them among all allies, either way we’ll leave it for the developers.

any other ideas?

Only critique I have now is that you should really leave other people’s spelling alone.

Autocorrect on androids is absolutely useless. (says the previous iPhone user who got poor)

Just now, TheDarkRedFox said:

Only critique I have now is that you should really leave other people’s spelling alone.

Autocorrect on androids is absolutely useless. (says the previous iPhone user who got poor)

k, sorry, I’m obsessive, BUT i digress: the original concept for this module was enemy repellent, without being a sentry turret as that would feel like a copy’n’paste, hey, maybe cop’yn’past should be the name of the ellydium destroyer! ![:facepalm:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/014j.png “:facepalm:”)

1 minute ago, evo888 said:

k, sorry, I’m obsessive, BUT i digress: the original concept for this module was enemy repellent, without being a sentry turret as that would feel like a copy’n’paste, hey, maybe cop’yn’past should be the name of the ellydium destroyer! ![:facepalm:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/014j.png “:facepalm:”)

Copy’n’paste ftw

7 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

iPhones autocorrect is no better than android. Just instead of running autocorrect use suggestions so it does not get in the way of typing.

PS mostly people changing from iphone to android are the ones that got smarter rather than poorer.

Added for review.

25 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

iPhones autocorrect is no better than android. Just instead of running autocorrect use suggestions so it does not get in the way of typing.

PS mostly people changing from iphone to android are the ones that got smarter rather than poorer.

Honestly this is so true.

I’m on a hella bad plan so I’ll be paying for this phone for years. XD

But yeah I had an iPhone for four years and IMHO the android way is the only way. Apple stuff is beautiful but it can’t do jack sh*t unless you jailbreak it.

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

Added for review.

hooray!