Dreadnought module: Mobile defense system

I’ve been looking at these cargo loader robots running around in Naberia-392 complex and I’ve got an idea how dreadnoughts could be spiced up with a new defense system.

Give these robots weapons instead of loader arms and make them walk on the surface of the dreadnoughts.

Multiple weapons could be mounted on them depending on upgrade level and the choice of the corporation: the current dreadnought missile and plasma turrets or the new destroyer active modules like tempest launcher, blaster or plasma turret, or any new ones you can think of. :slight_smile:

These robots would be vulnerable similarly to any defense weapons on dreadnoughts but it could avoid fire by moving away. It could detect nukes, incoming missiles and torpedoes and simply move away into safe distance.

Also, they would have the same Ai behavior as ships have and could detect enemy ships, modules and they could move into fire range and attack them.

Multiple robots could crawl around on the top and bottom of the dreadnoughts.

They may get some shield defense like turtles have.

That’s all for now. Thoughts?

That gonna look reaaaaaly agly ingame

I like the idea, but for some reason I see them more as a repair mechanism, or maybe even a weapon that is shot from dread to dread and they crawl around on the enemy dread destroying things. X3

That gonna look reaaaaaly agly ingame

Well, of course these defense robots could get a make up to give them a more dreadnoughtish style look.

I like the idea, but for some reason I see them more as a repair mechanism, or maybe even a weapon that is shot from dread to dread and they crawl around on the enemy dread destroying things. X3

Repair? Naa.

As dread attacking robots? Well, for that there are the drone ships already. Though, it would look epic. 

I’ve been looking at these cargo loader robots running around in Naberia-392 complex and I’ve got an idea how dreadnoughts could be spiced up with a new defense system.

Give these robots weapons instead of loader arms and make them walk on the surface of the dreadnoughts.

Walking animation?)

Those guys are the part of entourage for now, but we could use them somehow in the future.

Walking animation?)

Those guys are the part of entourage for now, but we could use them somehow in the future.

I hope someone will patronize this idea and will further develop it some time. I will look forward to it. 

agNKKKq_700b.jpg

Whatta? LoL

Ehm… this is strange, I mean really strange. 

agNKKKq_700b.jpg

>9gag