Dreadnought construction time boost cost

The boosting costs need to be reduced substantially. 35k iridium for a 10 hour reduction is just ridiculous

Boosting has been and still is completely useless. I’d rather they remove the option entirely, as it allows corps who farm enormous sums of iridium to have an advantage over those that don’t. This is less serious at the upper-level corp play (as those corps earn hefty sums naturally and thus already have most of the gear) but much more of an issue everywhere else.

I’m inclined to believe that boosting is supposed to be bad to prevent the issue of gear advantage, but the whole thing is a bad idea as it creates a problem and then tries to answer itself by being a terrible mechanic.

I don’t know how useful boosting could ever possibly be, to be honest. Skipping a couple hours here and there is nice, but unless it’s buffed by an order of magnitude or two, it’s still completely useless.

you do realise that there are corporations that produce multitudes of iridium than WPK, Arch or NASA? And that is pretty much an answer to your concern about the feature that is useless to YOU.

you do realise that there are corporations that produce multitudes of iridium than WPK, Arch or NASA? And that is pretty much an answer to your concern about the feature that is useless to YOU.

Reasonable overestimate:

Using the following assumptions:

100 active members (overestimate, more likely than not)

100 iridium per member per day (middling estimate, highly depends on sector income)

35k iridium == 10 hour reduction

All iridium is used to boost

Doing a naive estimate, over two weeks, that’s 40 hours, or ~12% of the construction time. The actual number would be lower, but I don’t feel like doing the algebra to figure out what it is.

Unreasonable overestimate:

150 active members (I’d be impressed)

200 iridium per member per day (I’d say that’s impossible, but I’ve been wrong before)

Income is constant and uniform through time

Actually bothering to do the math this time (the estimate is pretty far off otherwise), that’s ~88 hours, or ~26% of the construction time. Of course, any reasonable corporation would save around 35k iridium during construction.

And to conclude:

Reasonable estimate for middling sized corporations that don’t own iridium sectors:

50 active members

75 iridium per member per day

All iridium is used to boost after saving 40k

Using the same naive estimate as before, that’s a total of about 3.6 hours, or ~1% of the total construction time.

Reasonable overestimate:

100 active members (overestimate, more likely than not)

100 iridium per member per day (middling estimate, highly depends on sector income)

Doing a naive estimate, over two weeks, that’s 40 hours, or ~12% of the construction time. The actual number would be lower, but I don’t feel like doing the algebra to figure out what it is.

Unreasonable overestimate:

150 active members (I’d be impressed)

200 iridium per member per day (I’d say that’s impossible, but I’ve been wrong before)

Income is constant and uniform through time

Actually bothering to do the math this time (the estimate is pretty far off otherwise), that’s ~88 hours, or ~26% of the construction time. Of course, any reasonable corporation would save around 35k iridium during construction.

And to conclude:

Reasonable estimate for middling sized corporations that don’t own iridium sectors:

50 active members

75 iridium per member per day

All iridium is used to boost after saving 40k

Using the same naive estimate as before, that’s a total of about 3.6 hours, or ~1% of the total construction time.

You are looking at it from bottom to top and trying to balance it for “middle class”, which is wrong and bad for everybody.

Here is how it is now - it is only slightly useful to small group of people, while not giving them “run away” type of advantage over middle class, it gives them something to resource dump for small gains, while practically useless to majority of corporations.

And that is only with T4 module unlocked, if you remember T3 to t4 construction time has multiplied, a lot. Even NASA with our income (and even with all the free income from sectors we are hardly above average corporation on iridium gains, for example those top 10 from Arm race generate multitude of iridium per week from what we have), and still almost hit the cap before t4 module construction has been completed, we asked to stop depositing couple of days prior to completion. Now imagine T5 upgrade times, and all the surplus iridium that the “farmers” have while single module build up. If you balance it to middle class, when T5 hits, the “top 1%” will build up their dreads in no time comparing to the middle class you are trying to balance for, simple because for them that will be that much better, and the discrepancy between those and the lower side of the curve will be just so enormous, that the most vocal unfortunate one will start complain about how Zergs get to have everything while we “mighty but not so big corporation” can’t have nice things, again. We already being there, multiple times, why would you want it again. And in order to prevent this you will be forced to introduce hard caps on progression so there are no “runaways” which will bring just as much QQ on forums and into masses.

It is in a good sweet spot as it is, i see zero reasons to change it.

You are looking at it from bottom to top and trying to balance it for “middle class”, which is wrong and bad for everybody.

Here is how it is now - it is only slightly useful to small group of people, while not giving them “run away” type of advantage over middle class, it gives them something to resource dump for small gains, while practically useless to majority of corporations.

And that is only with T4 module unlocked, if you remember T3 to t4 construction time has multiplied, a lot. Even NASA with our income (and even with all the free income from sectors we are hardly above average corporation on iridium gains, for example those top 10 from Arm race generate multitude of iridium per week from what we have), and still almost hit the cap before t4 module construction has been completed, we asked to stop depositing couple of days prior to completion. Now imagine T5 upgrade times, and all the surplus iridium that the “farmers” have while single module build up. If you balance it to middle class, when T5 hits, the “top 1%” will build up their dreads in no time comparing to the middle class you are trying to balance for, simple because for them that will be that much better, and the discrepancy between those and the lower side of the curve will be just so enormous, that the most vocal unfortunate one will start complain about how Zergs get to have everything while we “mighty but not so big corporation” can’t have nice things, again. We already being there, multiple times, why would you want it again. And in order to prevent this you will be forced to introduce hard caps on progression so there are no “runaways” which will bring just as much QQ on forums and into masses.

It is in a good sweet spot as it is, i see zero reasons to change it.

Then balance on a curve. I’m not seeing serious difficulties in this.