Download incredibly slow

Slowest speed ever. Please a fix wiuld be really appreciated.

Ridiculous speed on download again. It hopped up to 230Kb/s and then decreases to 1Kb/s.

Well whatever this is i wont call it a server.

running in admin mode didnt helped neither did restarting the client thats frustrating.

Maybe someone of the Devs will upload the current game version somewhere else so we can download it much faster or upload it in the safe area of the forums? I hate to wate 4-5h only for a update.

I’m jumping on this bandwagon. It’s the first time I’ve seen “bytes” in a download in a VERY long time. My ping, is at 200 and with a loss of 0. 25 MB usual D/L speed. This… This is bad. Get bettah servers, because it sure as hell ain’t me.

On the offhand, I’ve been closing and reopening my client D/L and it’s surging to about 500-750 KB/s for approximately three seconds. Exponentially faster than letting it just run at 100 bytes a second… Happy it’s not bits. XD

I have no life… I should be writing a Chinese Essay… BUT THIS CLIENT. RAWR. /Bandwagon leapt on/

(Edit.) I’m on the last Mb, and no matter how many restarts OR how long I wait - the time to load keeps jumping between 45 seconds and ten minutes… for the last hour. Fun stuff guys. I’d love to help test out a new game! … If there was a game to play ;-;

I didn’t have this problem in the previous update, now all of a sudden it changes to liek 1KBps or less. I might get 20KBps on a good day, but other than that, I’m stuck. My normal DL speed is 200KBps.

Why the sudden change? This makes no sense, and it doesn’t seem like it at all could be a server issue.

Having the super slow download speed, often less then 2KB/S. When I try to restart the launcher, I get this error:

"Some files has been corrupted:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Star Conflict (beta)\data\levels.pak

C:\Program Files (x86)\Star Conflict (beta)\con_tester\connection_tester.cfg

C:\Program Files (x86)\Star Conflict (beta)\data\gamedata.pak

C:\Program Files (x86)\Star Conflict (beta)\con_tester\ConnectionTester,exe

and 25 other files

Do full files check now?"

And it gives me a yes/no option. I click yes, but it doesn’t appear to do anything.

This is the 2nd time I’ve tried downloading it, Last time it got stuck at 1MB left.

Edit: Aparently it counts them as corrupt because they didn’t exist. :slight_smile: I let it finish downloading and it works. Neat game. :slight_smile:

We are working on this problem and it should be solved soon.

One month later…

The horribly slow downloading 1kb/s!

me too 1kb to 25kb fix it please

UPD:Now 7b/s to 400b/s

The download speed starts off being ok, but progressively gets worse to be around 20 kb/s, kind of crazy.

I had the same.

Started at 2 mbps, then in few minutes dropped to 15 kbps.

So I quit the launcher, and restarted it. Again few minutes at 2 mbps and dropped again :wink:

Just keep restarting the launcher as soon it is gonna faaaaaaaaaaaaal asleep :wink:

I’m having the same problem. Occasional periods of +100kbps download and dropping to 1kbps or less very frequently. I got a 10/10 conn, average download speed from other servers is usually upwards to ~1.2mbps. Been restarting the launcher every once in a while, and the download has taken over 24 hours already, though I’ve been in the last 100mb of the download for about 12 hours now.

Having a different distribution method (.torrent or something) would probably speed things up considerably, and most probably not cost nearly as much bandwith.

Edit: 72 hours into download, still 41Mb left to go. I get about 1Mb at 10kbps or so every time I restart the launcher, after that it’s 10-500bps and it keeps saying 41Mb left.

For me it goes from about 200kb/s to 1mb to 2-7kb/s with 6 hours left and 145 mb left… *bangs head on desk; Jumps on band wagon w/ head ache*

EDIT - Now its just playing… Its stuck at 260kb at 1kb/s…

I get 1kb/sec :frowning:

I think the downloader is some kind of P2P, what is working for me is limiting the upload speed, with some programs like “netblanacer” to about 10-20 kb/sec for the launcher.exe (or starconflict-launcher, or whatever), and then magically your download speed begins to accelerate.