Do you find the “All eyes on target” spam in combat annoying?

What do you think?

Sometimes the obvious must be pointed out, otherwise it will be ignored because :psychology:

My thoughts anyway.

EDIT:

What i mean about an obvious thing being ignored is that people tend to believe they have control of something that stands out in any game mode.

Let me refer to the un-obvious: a random enemy straying ship. Nobody pays attention to such a thing (except for combat recon sometimes), no matter what threat it poses. ‘Too far, not interested’ is the common thought. However that ship can deliver devastating surprise attacks coming from off-grid. Deto is the first game mode to point that out. People nearly always forget there are 2 active bombs 95%+ of the time and always go where the bigger cluster of ships is, ignoring the fact that one bomb is missing. Annoying them with ping spam seems to be the ONLY solution to catch their attention on the problem imo.

PS: pls bring back the ability to ping your own ship - sometimes there’s nothing to click on in empty space.

I think it would be great if there was an option for players to use similar prompts, or at least the “fire off a missile” one. 

I’d love to have a button to request a nearby inty/fighter/octapus to fire off a missile/volley so I can send my torpedo in without AMS getting it.

Whereas “We’re both on the same target” I see as a handy tip to myself know someone else is engaging my target, I see it as quite gimmicky though and don’t rely on it that much. (perhaps I should)

Also tip, if people do consider it to be spam, and you call it “spam” in the title and those people read it, then confirmation bias might get you(that is, if they were planning on being objective in the first place). :slight_smile:

I would like to see it in other color if someone of your squad is using it. 

Ping features should be expanded if anything. NOT removed.

Yep, they’re very useful, even with some guys spamming ping too much, I still like it because it makes most of the times ppl focusing on the same player, what favours the teamplay

I find myself always listening to the voices in my head. That’s why he’s d-… ohwait, the in-game voices. Err… Yeah, those are just fine. If you hear a voice telling you something relatively obvious, you, obviously, do it because you know it’s the right thing to do.

Also, speaking of voices… why does the Ruskie client have a friendly female voice and the English one has Bill O’Reilly?

Also, speaking of voices… why does the Ruskie client have a friendly female voice and the English one has Bill O’Reilly?

That has to be the best statement of the day, well done! So now i’m asking the same thing: why? :slight_smile:

Btw what do voices in your head(phones) have to do with pinging? :smiley:

PING SYSTEM REVAMPED! 

Note: Leave the current ping system as is, but expand it. Nobody cares about the spam really, as you just look at the symbol over the ships anyway. 

Yep, they’re very useful, even with some guys spamming ping too much, I still like it because it makes most of the times ppl focusing on the same player, what favours the teamplay

We need to add the following please. 

Option A. - Introduce SQUAD pings. If a squad member pings a target, the ping will turn green instead of red. Signifying a squad member is targeting something. 

Option A1 - In addition to that the squad leader has yellow pings, thus we can make use of actually having a squad leader. People like being directed when a good leader is there to provide a means of direction and coordination. Also the leaders ping lasts 3 seconds in a persistent symbol over the target so everyone can see it, and is also visible on the map as well. 

Addtional Ping Options - we could have 2 pings - hold down for 1 second to say “Attack [target]” and then hold down for 2 seconds for “Defend [target]”

These should be implemented in the game immediately…please. JP needs it. 

JP, the ‘additionals’ you mentioned were there once, but removed (you and others already know that, i’m saying it for new people). What i want from them if they come back is to get certain sounds effects, which they didnt have at all earlier.

‘Attack beacon x’ or ‘attack this gunship / command ship / covert ops’. Same with defend.

In addition i would propose combat recon captain pings.

JP, the ‘additionals’ you mentioned were there once, but removed (you and others already know that, i’m saying it for new people). What i want from them if they come back is to get certain sounds effects, which they didnt have at all earlier.

‘Attack beacon x’ or ‘attack this gunship / command ship / covert ops’. Same with defend.

In addition i would propose combat recon captain pings.

Sound effects would be nice. Different sound effects for each type of ping would be nicer. 

PING SYSTEM REVAMPED! 

Note: Leave the current ping system as is, but expand it. Nobody cares about the spam really, as you just look at the symbol over the ships anyway. 

We need to add the following please. 

Option A. - Introduce SQUAD pings. If a squad member pings a target, the ping will turn green instead of red. Signifying a squad member is targeting something. 

Option A1 - In addition to that the squad leader has yellow pings, thus we can make use of actually having a squad leader. People like being directed when a good leader is there to provide a means of direction and coordination. Also the leaders ping lasts 3 seconds in a persistent symbol over the target so everyone can see it, and is also visible on the map as well. 

Addtional Ping Options - we could have 2 pings - hold down for 1 second to say “Attack [target]” and then hold down for 2 seconds for “Defend [target]”

These should be implemented in the game immediately…please. JP needs it. 

Im not sure how well that additional mechanic would work. Instead you could simply have it auto detect if its friendly or not to give the appropriate response. [a beacon that is untaken/enemy held/enemy ship, its automatically attack. If its a friendly beacon/ship, automatically say defend].

Additionally, i’d have recon captains have a slightly different color ping [pink?]

Im not sure how well that additional mechanic would work. Instead you could simply have it auto detect if its friendly or not to give the appropriate response. [a beacon that is untaken/enemy held/enemy ship, its automatically attack. If its a friendly beacon/ship, automatically say defend].

Additionally, i’d have recon captains have a slightly different color ping [pink?]

Agreed. add that feature would be nice. And captains would be orange or something. 

I think “all eyes on” would be more helpful if it wasn’t so easily missed. Often I’ll have a teammate ping something behind me and I’ll have no idea what it is they were trying to focus attention on.

The ping should have some kind of HUD icon that tells you where to look. That way when I hear a ping and see the arrow I can immediately say “oh, that’s where the next beacon is!” or “Well xxxx, that guy is behind me!” rather than flying in circles and hoping I spot the next ping.

more visible reticle is taking months… how long would arrows and multi-coloured pings take?

IT’S A GOOD AUDIO MESSAGE! Don’t take the audio messages out, you can just add a slider in the Sound options to lower or mute these messages.

But, as usual, the voices will just be removed because :effort:

Its funny. I dont play with music or anything of the sort. I only play with sound effects. With my 7.1 surround sound headphones, I can keep track of you just from sound. 

Back on topic please. Pings with hud arrows would be supremely helpful

Alternatively, the visual indicator can stay on for a short while before fading away.

For now, I make do by pinging what my allies are pinging, so everyone knows where to go or who to shoot. I hope I didn’t irritate anyone with my pinging…