Do you find the “All eyes on target” spam in combat annoying?

Increased duration of the graphic would help.  Sometimes I’ll try to ping the next beacon right before I spawn in beacon hunt so just I remember which direction to go more accurately.  Sometimes I’ll see it on spawn, sometimes not.

I agree with increasing the time the graphic is up. There are multiple reasons why someone would ping a target, and I believe the others have touched the topic earlier in this thread and elsewhere on the forums. For instance, I sometimes mark targets – a stray interceptor, a posturing Tackler, a lone sniper, etc. – just to alert my team to be aware of them. By altering how the ping works as well as its duration may also reduce any spam that is occurring. I know I will sometimes ping a target multiple times in five second intervals because I don’t know if my team has registered the mark.

When pings were first implemented there was heavy spam and it could be annoying in many situations. However, since then I fully support the feature and also wish for it to be expanded. The advantages greatly outweigh the disadvantages in this case, opening up the game for more tactical play. More communication tools please, not less.

I generally just press the “focus on this you bloody Aces” for about 3 seconds till the system makes me unable to ping for 20 or so seconds.

Exactly what i do. Learnt to make it even more annoying and pinging only once every 0.5-1 seconds to last longer xP

And no i don’t care, they either wake up and do the right thing or lose - their choice, i’ve made mine in the first few seconds of the match

Exactly what i do. Learnt to make it even more annoying and pinging only once every 0.5-1 seconds to last longer xP

And no i don’t care, they either wake up and do the right thing or lose - their choice, i’ve made mine in the first few seconds of the match

Consistent ping spam simply makes me click “leave battle”, the only right thing to do in that situation. Let the spammer play with himself…

Consistent ping spam simply makes me click “leave battle”, the only right thing to do in that situation. Let the spammer play with himself…

I… do it because EVERYONE in the match I’m in just does whatever the crap they want and ignore everything else… And we either lose or actually win something…

click “leave battle”, the only right thing to do in that situation.

there are many instances where ping spam can be useful eg. enemy ninja capping a beacon semi-unnoticed. stalker who appears fleetingly off and on(bomb carrier on the edges of a map, recon sneaking round the flanks in CR etc)

I ping spam myself but only on relevant objects

and I expect others to spam it themselves whenever it is warranted

there are 2 reasons why ping spam is needed (and can be solved better in the future)

1. differentiate between priorities

2. attention grabbing

My personal rule to pinging is:

1 ping = eyes on target eg. on someone who ‘might’ be a problem soon

2 pings = focus fire target (either when squaded or when working with a cooperative stranger)

ping spam = drop everything, focus that target/beacon/EMP

We have that one tool but I need it for 3 different uses. Possible solution would be imo

regular ping for ‘eye on target’

long lasting highlight around enemy ship for ‘focus fire’ target

attention grabbing indicator for ‘Drop Everything’ maybe arrow pointing towards it + flashing highlight outline + intermittent beep

couple other things that I would like to have but make do with the current ping is:

• ‘Protect this ship’, I use it on ally ship eg someone taking damage that we probably can save, or an isolated Engineer we NEED to recover

• Need Backup - which I cannot do properly except ping spam the person I think is in a good position to help me. People generally don’t get this one so I’ve stopped using it outside corp squad.

If repetitively pinging serves a purpose, I don’t consider it as spam.

Someone ping whenever they acquire a target lock, even if they don’t hold the lock.  That’s spam…

bad habit. I know of atleast one person who double click everything because Windows brainwashed them.

Someone ping whenever they acquire a target lock, even if they don’t hold the lock.  That’s spam…

Happens when you try to click the middle mouse button (wheel) to get a lock on a fast mover and you can accidentally click more than once. The game doesn’t recognize 100% what you’re trying to lock even if it’s the only thing in front of you and your lock attempt must be a bullseye. It’s a bad habit that i taught myself to spam the lock button to goddamn get a lock because of it thus also accidentally pinging… ‘Lock Nearest Target’ would really be helpful.

• Need Backup - which I cannot do properly except ping spam the person I think is in a good position to help me. People generally don’t get this one so I’ve stopped using it outside corp squad.

This is why i say we need back the ability to ping our personal ship.

‘Lock Nearest Target’ would really be helpful.

“Cancel lock” -> “Lock any” does just that.

“Cancel lock” -> “Lock any” does just that.

Not always… sometimes it just locks stuff in their spawn…

I’m highly guilty of pinging at the countdown before the battle starts. Mostly I do this in beacon hunt, so I can see where the other beacons are, and usually focus on B right before so the ping is still visible when the game starts. Otherwise I easily get disoriented since what the map shows is not how you are warped onto the field. Senile and old. My walker has afterburners.

Bind your tab key to “Show Map” instead of “Toggle Map”.  Then you can ping and release tab.  If you really need to stay in there, just click on the chat box.

I apologize for accidentally pinging the incorrect beacon in beacon hunt, it’s just that the next beacon is not labelled yet and I don’t know if the beacon I found is b or c.

Single ping your attempt, triple ping your correction.

Squad pings are REALLY needed as of now. Since squads are so “non-existent”