Disintegrator small rework

Hi !

Let’s talk about LRF. And more specifically, Empire LRF.

I think that they are a bit… Lacking. Because you can’t really use both your guns and your special simultaneously like Jericho does due to that initial 5 seconds reloading.
So my suggestion is simple :

Remove the initial reloading time of disintegrator -> You can shoot right after entering snipe mode.

And to not make it too powerful, make that there’s a 17 seconds cooldown to reenter in snipe mode.

What do you think of it ?

I personally do not like it. It’s more like giving it a covert ops aspect regarding pewpew. I agree LRFs need some rework but not this.

22 minutes ago, OmegaFighter said:

I personally do not like it. It’s more like giving it a covert ops aspect regarding pewpew. I agree LRFs need some rework but not this.

It’s just that Empire’s LRF are severly punished by a DPS drop if they want to switch from gun to snipe. Which makes that peoples either use only snipe, or only guns. And everybody knows what happens when Empire use only their special.

On the other hand, Jericho’s special works perfectly well using both special and guns. A tachyoon torp as a finishing move is deadly. 

Empire with it’s 5 seconds delay can’t even hope of doing this.

My best lrf scores are from empire lrfs, they are the toughest most dangerous ships if they are played right and im not talking about the kraken. It’s okay as it is and if this is considered like a nerf or something then let it stay like it, you dont want a ELRFball trust me.

Well in any case i agree empire lrfs snipe mode is too weak compared to jericho torps… But along with a Special Module buff for empire lfr there has to come a tougness nerf… otherwise it would be ridicolous…

honestly they should make the gargoyle the default lrf rifle. the whole damage multiplied per shot nailed? yeah.

17s would make quick position changes and weapon use next to impossible.

So no.

Empire are flexibel sniper and don’t need a buff.

The special is totally useless if you’re close enough to use guns. So saying that Empire is flexible is a bit ironic. 

Playstyles differ but tbh empire has a lot more to offer than you would initially give them credit for. Numbers might disagree but in practice it’s a whole new story, any buff to them will lead to something crazy like almost tharga style crazy.