Discussion of old features!

Kinetic bubblebringer would be fatal, tho

I sure as hell don’t want to be hit by a wrecking ball.

I joined during the 0.8 era just shortly before the ship role revamp (I was saddened to see my Lynx Mk2 turn from a command ship with cloak to a gunship), but at least I experienced the fun of limited missiles and double ammo. The new weapons are nice, and as some have already pointed out, aren’t compatible with the old dual ammo system. That’s fine with me as long as there’s enough variety to go round.

Only EM was really OP.  Shields up, use EM damage, Shields down, use kinetic damage.  EM and kinetic should never have been paired.

That is true… but back then I played guards quite a bit so I had the option of switching my phase shield accordingly. I hated the options available to T2 rails though: thermals are commonly resisted, and kinetic damage doesn’t work well on shields anyway. 

I do miss having limited missiles. 

But I don’t miss seeing Machetes with more minefields than two frigates combined though. Or RFRLRFs. Or the glorified trashcan during its heyday (I’m assuming everyone here remembers this reference?)

Or the glorified trashcan during its heyday (I’m assuming everyone here remembers this reference?)

:lol:

…I joined during the 0.8 era just shortly before the ship role revamp (I was saddened to see my Lynx Mk2 turn from a command ship with cloak to a gunship), but at least I experienced the fun of limited missiles and double ammo. The new weapons are nice, and as some have already pointed out, aren’t compatible with the old dual ammo system. That’s fine with me as long as there’s enough variety to go round…

…I do miss having limited missiles… 

But I don’t miss seeing Machetes with more minefields than two frigates combined though.

I wish we could have a trade off. 2 missile slots for the missile reload feature, that way they are used more strategicly rather than just spamming them in a random volley :facepalm:

And I suppose it is true that some weapons should NEVER have the duo ammunition.

And as for the machetes… I may or may not be guilty of being a mine dropper…  :taunt:        *edit* remembered that the RF blasters had no heating time in the old weapon variations… I miss them :( 

I used to be the feared “Frigate Killer” 

There was a Time where I can kill a frigate in less than 7 seconds, regardless of HP, shield, and Resistances. 

Note: this is a time with no class distintiction, and modules are able to be used on multiple ships. 

1. Using the RF Blasters (they didnt have a cool down at one point), approach frigate from the sides, or behind. 

2. Switch to Super Nova to gain 25% boost in damage. 

3. Activate Orion Module for another 110% boost in damage

4. Shoot a missile

4A. As you do a fly by, drop a mine. 

1. Activate Stasis

2. Activate Ion beam

3. Keep shooting and missile spam

4. Your enemy is dead. 

I used to be the feared “Frigate Killer” 

There was a Time where I can kill a frigate in less than 7 seconds, regardless of HP, shield, and Resistances. 

Note: this is a time with no class distintiction, and modules are able to be used on multiple ships. 

1. Using the RF Blasters (they didnt have a cool down at one point), approach frigate from the sides, or behind. 

2. Switch to Super Nova to gain 25% boost in damage. 

3. Activate Orion Module for another 110% boost in damage

4. Shoot a missile

4A. As you do a fly by, drop a mine. 

1. Activate Stasis

2. Activate Ion beam

3. Keep shooting and missile spam

4. Your enemy is dead.

There was time where you could kill any jericho frigate in less than a second -simply ramming it with ~600 speed is a oneshot to its hull, you just had to have col compensator on yourself, and you would lose 10-20% hull top.

Those were the times =)

Maybe game has gone to better direction after all…

There was time where you could kill any jericho frigate in less than a second -simply ramming it with ~600 speed is a oneshot to its hull, you just had to have col compensator on yourself, and you would lose 10-20% hull top.

I have enough battering rams to prove I did that…

In my T2 days, I earned most of my battering ram medals while flying the Crus-Q.

I want to torpedo 7 people at beacons again with the uber emp torpedo

nukes were nice too, when they actually drifted towards a target. even if they were kinda hard to aim.

• Nuclear Launch detected.

Ah the nukes were AWESOME, and the EB lasted 3 seconds, allowing you to Cloak or runway properly for the Experienced pilot. 

Ah the nukes were AWESOME,

I didn’t mind the mines so much, but the nukes were truly terrible, glad they’re gone (IIRC they didn’t have the audible countdown at first, just the visible blinking?).

The Nuclear Winter was terrible, and everyone dropping mines everywhere was also terrible.

What I would like is to have 2 missiles slots again, maybe reducing to half the current cartridges and letting us have another option.

Nuclear+Explosion.jpg

The Nuclear Winter was terrible, and everyone dropping mines everywhere was also terrible.

My first experience with nukes was in mixed T2 matches. It was utter crap. 

Nuclear Winter was the best week of this game ever. It was amazing flying around, dropping nukes, racking up kills and not giving a xxxx.

Sure, it’s not the best for long-term gameplay, but I’d pay to have that back for a week.

And warping engis with mines everywhere.

I haven’t done my nuclear winter achievement while it was easy (nukes were nice and limited) now it is impossible to get the 1300 left with the current game. And ofc the fact that I prefer literally every other choice over nukes. They need to rework them.

Patch on  thursdays was a good feature

Almost all of Development resources are dedicated to Open Box PvP creation, there is pretty much no one working on anything else at this moment.

Nuclear Winter was the best week of this game ever. It was amazing flying around, dropping nukes, racking up kills and not giving a xxxx.

Sure, it’s not the best for long-term gameplay, but I’d pay to have that back for a week.

Me too!  Even if you didn’t own a Strong back then you could still bring ships that had just as many missile slots.   Games were faster paced and loads more fun.  They should at least bring back the old nuke mechanics…travels over a set distance for 10 seconds unless it collides with an object.