Disconnecting to avoid being Captain

I certainly like being the cap, you get kickass buff and targets are literally throwing themselves at you no matter how bad their odds is. I can’t understand why some would go at such length to avoid being picked, is it that they can’t take the pressure or something?

I know, because since that patch you being the captain was the first time I wasn’t!  For xxxx sake, at the end of that match we had six LRF’s in a 10v10 and we still won.  Hopefully I helped keep you alive enough, but I don’t remember even seeing your shields low.  I don’t like captain in a large match just because I don’t want to multitask on that many targets at once.  In a 3v3 I’m happy to be captain.

Are you talking again about that match with the Phoenix? Do I have to explain it again?

:yes_yes:

:yes_yes:

Nah, you’re not that dumb.

Am I the only one who would like to be captain every single game?

:taunt:

What’s the story? Sounds interesting.

I’d like that too. But not if i have no healers on the team

Recently for the first time I had the honour of being capt. And nobody had an engie. I was literally at the edge of my seat for the whole match, but we made it. 

And picking the capt from a certain percentage sounds good. 

I was queuing I had to go pee, I came back and I was the capt with a Phoenix, so I disconnected and other was choosen as captain, and I healed him, end.

I was queuing I had to go pee, I came back and I was the capt with a Phoenix, so I disconnected and other was choosen as captain, and I healed him, end.

Pretty much, except it was a WPK kill squad with Zap to tag along for kills.  I was captain on the other side, and my team got farmed.  The lag really hit me near the end.  I still survived at least, but knew my team would get farmed.  I’m still not sure if I should have suicided.

Recently for the first time I had the honour of being capt. And nobody had an engie. I was literally at the edge of my seat for the whole match, but we made it. 

And picking the capt from a certain percentage sounds good. 

In smaller matches, choose flying the engineer.  Guarantee heals.  You’ll get at least one teammate to help protect you.  Even if you’re not captain, fly an engineer to guarantee heals.  In larger matches you might get lucky and fly a different ship.

Pretty much, except it was a WPK kill squad with Zap to tag along for kills.  I was captain on the other side, and my team got farmed.  The lag really hit me near the end.  I still survived at least, but knew my team would get farmed.  I’m still not sure if I should have suicided.

In smaller matches, choose flying the engineer.  Guarantee heals.  You’ll get at least one teammate to help protect you.  Even if you’re not captain, fly an engineer to guarantee heals.  In larger matches you might get lucky and fly a different ship.

I dropped my Styx from my lineup because I wanted to synergize my Ira Deus with the daily 2x synergy bonus. And the first game was a recon match and I was capt   :facepalm:  Sweet heavens, I don’t even know how I had the highest DSR in my team.

But yes, in small matches, Imperial engies become really fun to fly as capt. You can tank, and your damage output becomes appreciable.

But yes, in small matches, Imperial engies become really fun to fly as capt. You can tank, and your damage output becomes appreciable.

All of my Cap Eat Cap medals I got flying an engineer.  In one match I was more worried about getting an assist instead of a kill than me dieing.

Since when have engineers had dps problems? Mine does 3000+ dps.

Hmm… that’s true. 

You can tank, and your damage output becomes appreciable absolutely fantastic.

Would this be better?

Hmm… that’s true.

Would this be better?

yep

Imo the best ship to capt now (unless you don’t have any engi on the team) is an Empire Command or Empire Gunship, the damage and tankiness overal is stupidly good.

not that I dont enjoy the 20k crits (22,5k the other day (on an out of phase guard but still) with 45k surv on my sigurdr as captain but it is kind of annoying being captain every single time, moreso if my team doesnt bring engis

I would prefer it to be randomly picked between 3 highest DSR

Poll added.

I Absolutely HATE being captain. I’m a nervous wreck the whole time. I much prefer to be the right hand engie/bullet sponge. I did however vote for a random top 3.

I know this would add me to the possibilities list but I can see how it would get really old for most being captain every time.

I love being the cap :frowning: but having the cap randomly selected between top 3 DSR scores in the team would be nice i think. Bit of variation. Also ECM cap all the way

Do bear in mind that choosing from the top 3 also means that people of lower DSR may become capt in smaller matches. But of course, picking from the top 25% means that either one of the top 2 becomes capt in a 8v8 match, and in a 4v4 match the top player automatically becomes capt.

Do bear in mind that choosing from the top 3 also means that people of lower DSR may become capt in smaller matches. But of course, picking from the top 25% means that either one of the top 2 becomes capt in a 8v8 match, and in a 4v4 match the top player automatically becomes capt.

Good point.

It cant be a random between the 3 top players. Why? Ill tell you about a time i queued in a match. At the time i was leveling interceptors, and i was a poor interceptor pilot, so my SR dropped to around 1300.

I got chosen the captain. Wanna guess which was the second highest SR? 1059…

Now imagine, you are in a match, you have 1800 SR, and the second one has only 989, and the third 988. You may imagine what will happen: Captain charge in, dies, and there goes minutes of your life cause of a nawb.