Disconnecting to avoid being Captain

Just had a recon match whereby our capt disconnected at the standby screen, then rejoined after a new capt was being picked. Not to say that I disapprove, but any thoughts about disconnecting to avoid being captain?

I think they don’t know the benefits of being captain.

Also report them if you think its wrong and we will take care of them.

You cant rejoin after disconnecting, 

you can only rejoin battle if you get kicked by afk.

problem solved already.

you can try logging out and back in as many times you like aswell as closing game, you wont be able to get back to battle if you disconnect by urself annymore :wink:

Yes you can. I have tested. Alt tab to windows, force close the game (thinks its a crash than) load the game and it asks you if you wish to rejoin. thats if the match has not started yet though. Unless it is a random bug that seems to work for some people.  I personaly love being captian as if my team dont fail me That is some easy points, any kills is extra XD

As Sreolla said. You can also cut your internet connection and take it back and you won’t be captain.

Yes you can. I have tested. Alt tab to windows, force close the game (thinks its a crash than) load the game and it asks you if you wish to rejoin. thats if the match has not started yet though. Unless it is a random bug that seems to work for some people.  I personaly love being captian as if my team dont fail me That is some easy points, any kills is extra XD

i already tried.

try again on this patch. if you succeed please comment again. 

To be honest it is annoying. Few days ago I had 8 captain matches in a row.
Matched with people 900-1200 dsr and me being the only one 1500+ guess what. 
I had 12 intense minutes trying to stay alive, while my team was sieging no matter how far I went to try to pull them to the next asteroid every - single - time.

It is exhausting being always the captain. 

The only times I am not is when I am in squad with corp mates and they are few points above me. We need deputizing option for captains. 

We need deputizing option for captains. 

What if the capt is randomly selected from the top three players of each team? (If need be, if the second-best player is capt for one team, the second-best player from the other team will be the capt as well.)

As Sreolla said. You can also cut your internet connection and take it back and you won’t be captain.

This depends on your ISP, it looks like that if you have a dynamic IP (new IP every time you connect to internet) you wont be able to rejoin a game if you have reset your internet connection. 

Even more is that i have a static IP, I am on cable, but if i reset a router during a match i will not be able to rejoin a game, it will show ships in Battle in hangar, but no option to rejoin. (but this is not the case for my friend, he has different ISP but static IP and he can reset router all he wants, he still can rejoin)

anything but the current one. once or twice is OK, but more than that it is EXHAUSTING and provided we can not chose our next match game mode I can not really say like in CS:GO for example, I do not want to deal with bombs anymore, I will just switch to hostage maps.

This depends on your ISP, it looks like that if you have a dynamic IP (new IP every time you connect to internet) you wont be able to rejoin a game if you have reset your internet connection. 

Even more is that i have a static IP, I am on cable, but if i reset a router during a match i will not be able to rejoin a game, it will show ships in Battle in hangar, but no option to rejoin. (but this is not the case for my friend, he has different ISP but static IP and he can reset router all he wants, he still can rejoin)

i have a static IP aswell. i cant rejoin if i leave. so mhm. its not based on IP. lmao rather on profile 

And time, Matches take what about 30 seconds to start? If you reset your connection and the match is GOING already than your SOL from what ive seen, as long as it still at the countdown you should be able to do it and get hated for it.

But i do agree with one thing, have it random choose from top 3 scores not the top. Times ive entered with a new ship i got and no others in my line up, and spent time running my arse off because it was a ceptor with basic white stuff and default items.

To be honest it is annoying. Few days ago I had 8 captain matches in a row.

Matched with people 900-1200 dsr and me being the only one 1500+ guess what. 

I had 12 intense minutes trying to stay alive, while my team was sieging no matter how far I went to try to pull them to the next asteroid every - single - time.

It is exhausting being always the captain.

Pretty much this, and I’m getting tired of trolling my DSR down in t1 all the time. So yeah, when they chain the CR’s on me I disconnect all the time (and don’t come back). Report me, couldn’t care less.

Am I the only one who would like to be captain every single game?

I have dynamic IP and i’ve been able to rejoin once when my connection went down mid-battle

yeah, it looks like my theory is wrong, even my own case proves me wrong :slight_smile:

What if the capt is randomly selected from the top three players of each team? (If need be, if the second-best player is capt for one team, the second-best player from the other team will be the capt as well.)

I’d say the top 25% of the team.  In a 12v12 it’s sort of random.  In a 3v3 or a 4v4 I’m a lot more comfortable being the captain.  If it’s the top three players, then in a 3v3 it’s completely random.

I had a guy the other day disconnect before the captain pick, but it was a 3v3 combat recon and his DSR was in the upper 1400’s.  It then turned into a 3v2, and I had to message the other captain to self destruct since he was in a recon and could have kept running eight more minutes.  He decided to go out in a ball of fire to my mortars.  I took all the kills for my team, oh well.  I reported the guy, and I asked one of his teammates to report him.

Now we know that’s not true.

I certainly like being the cap, you get kickass buff and targets are literally throwing themselves at you no matter how bad their odds is. I can’t understand why some would go at such length to avoid being picked, is it that they can’t take the pressure or something?

I’d like that too. But not if i have no healers on the team

Now we know that’s not true.

Are you talking again about that match with the Phoenix? Do I have to explain it again?