Devs

“Actions speak louder than words.”

As for actions, I suggest making 2 games, one that is highly customizable and

one that is highly restricted. you already have the restrictive formula. (you also had the customizable formula.

It’s somewhere around 0.7.x the one right before the xp was nerfed.)

This is the way to please your two groups.

2 servers.

2 versions.

The players will speak with which server they choose to play.

that is all.

(If you choose to make 2 servers, make them both accessible from the main launcher.)

edit*, feel free to move this to the right section.

This is an excellent idea, lets make two separate games!

We’ll call this new “old” version Conflict Star.  The devs will be you and anyone else who decides to join you.

Good luck! :salute:

There’re a few reasons why this wouldn’t work:

1. The devs will never do this, even though it’s a good idea.

2. The amount of servers Gaijin/StarGem have seems to be very high. One does not simply divide up one game on two sets of servers.

3. Load balancers will be an issue.

4. It will require a full network restructure.

There’re a few reasons why this wouldn’t work:

1. The devs will never do this, even though it’s a good idea.

2. The amount of servers Gaijin/StarGem have seems to be very high. One does not simply divide up one game on two sets of servers.

3. Load balancers will be an issue.

4. It will require a full network restructure.

Perhaps if they run both versions on the same server?

I dont think the game can become moddable with its current structure nor the develepor having such an intention so its a case of adapt or leave. :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont think the game can become moddable with its current structure nor the develepor having such an intention so its a case of adapt or leave. :stuck_out_tongue:

Please understand the situation. If the tables were turned, you’d, no doubt, want the same thing.

The idea is nice, but keep in mind that making 2 games instead of 1 would split the resources and at the end the improvements for both versions would be very slow.

Improvement

Definition:

“Something that enhances value or excellence.”

So is that really how you would like to define this? If so, that is quite interesting indeed. I think the 26 pages of 0.9 patch beg to differ.

Edit:

22 pages…sorry. My mistake.

The idea is nice, but keep in mind that making 2 games instead of 1 would split the resources and at the end the improvements for both versions would be very slow.

This is true. would it be better to try it out after 1.0/3.0?

Another way would be to simply use select improvements from the restrictive version

on the very customizable version, instead of, say, making entirely new fixes all the time for each one.

That being said, I’m going to slap myself.

http://youtu.be/lamJooJOpzo

Both the community as a whole and the development team are not large enough to support such an effort. If you think queues and tiers are not perfect now, imagine them if you decide to take a huge chunk of the community out of the game and onto another server set.

On paper it sounds like a nice idea but in practice it would hammer several of the proverbial nails in the coffin of the game.

Personally, I’d rather see more game modes in this game to cater to a wider set of tastes and desires. And this is something which is already happening over time - so it’s just a matter of time :slight_smile:

some of us would be very happy with slow “improvements” as you call them since we were quite happy with the game as it was in 0.8.5 and will no longer play due to the so called “improvements” in 0.9 that have done nothing but divide the player base and ruin the game for many

Improvement

Definition:

“Something that enhances value or excellence.”

So is that really how you would like to define this? If so, that is quite interesting indeed. I think the 26 pages of 0.9 patch beg to differ.

Can’t upvote more than once ;_;

Can’t upvote more than once ;_;

I am in accordance.

EDIT: Screw what I said earlier:

Can you guys just give this a try, for our sakes and yours? Please.

Put one set on 0.9.0, and you can do what you want with that.

On the others, do 0.8.5, and then consult [this post.](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/20443-suggestion-patch-notes-085/?p=208532)

It seems like a better idea to just try to help the devs improve upon further updates by showing support for the features you like and asking rollbacks on the features that don’t work as well. However, if your suggestion was implemented, the devs could make the other game much smaller (a few hundred people) and let people sign up to test it out, so that it would just be a small experiment and not as in depth.