Developers Amongst Us Day

So there is a major update coming out _ before (updated**) **_January 1st, and many of us are really getting excited about it.

It would be awesome if the developers could be extraordinarily active on this day in the game, playing with the normal player base.  It would be really exciting for the new players to see this involvement, and for the veterans to meet the makers face-to-face in glorious battle!

Thoughts?  Is this doable?

____

Also, I wanted to personally commend gekaler on his exceptional performance lately, in terms of helping topics reach the developers.  It’s really cool seeing some long-standing topics finally getting pushed as hard as most of us would like.  I know nothing is guaranteed, but it’s the effort and consideration that is most noticeable.  

SO THANK YOU, GEKALER!!!  The Star Conflict community appreciates your hard work!

They are playing the game already. Some are more active while others only play a bit on their free time depending on real life and work :slight_smile:

But if they could all try to be online this day, it’d be really cool.  If not, it’s understandable!

I have played over a year and have yet to see a dev ingame. 

Sorry, not buying that they play much. 

Devs dont mark themselves as Devs so you may not see him - I will try to have a GM/Dev Event on this

ui, thank you for the statement -> you made my day :slight_smile:

They are playing the game already. Some are more active while others only play a bit on their free time depending on real life and work :slight_smile:

It really would be nice to know how many people we are talking about here, of course is understandable some wish not to spend many hours on the game and doing something else  :004j:  

Also, I wanted to personally commend gekaler on his exceptional performance lately, in terms of helping topics reach the developers.  It’s really cool seeing some long-standing topics finally getting pushed as hard as most of us would like.  I know nothing is guaranteed, but it’s the effort and consideration that is most noticeable.  

SO THANK YOU, GEKALER!!!  The Star Conflict community appreciates your hard work!

Also here appreciate really much for Gekaler responded to most posts of ideas and questions these couple of months, thank you, and keep up your good work.

A few of us were discussing having the developers wear special “Titles” that day “Dev-A-Day” or something like that where pilots can clearly see them! Also, if they are actively participating in the main chats, that’d be cool, too.  I’m sure most all of them are in Russia, but if some know English and could join the English chat, that’d be neat, too.  I’d say that all the forum moderators should be on too if possible :slight_smile:

And you’re welcome mate, you’ve definitely earned the shout out :slight_smile:

Knowing how Russians are as a nation, and knowing how they do not really celebrate Christmas as in Europe, but how they go crazy on New Year, i can tell you that The whole country is pretty much on a shut down Dec 30- Jan 2d/3rd, and extra awesome Russians shutdown work all the way till Jan 10th.

So i am very curious where that “Major patch on Jan 1st” is coming from. 

As i remember last 2 years they all were on vacation from end of December to the 2d week of Jan

There are achievements for killing devs in game and for assisting them. If they don’t ever intend to mark themselves as devs, why do these achievements exist?

I’d love to see the devs in game, but it won’t happen.

Knowing how Russians are as a nation, and knowing how they do not really celebrate Christmas as in Europe, but how they go crazy on New Year, i can tell you that The whole country is pretty much on a shut down Dec 30- Jan 2d/3rd, and extra awesome Russians shutdown work all the way till Jan 10th.

So i am very curious where that “Major patch on Jan 1st” is coming from. 

As i remember last 2 years they all were on vacation from end of December to the 2d week of Jan

Pilots! We are focused on creating a major update that we plan to release by New Year holidays. You can expect great new things to do, watch out for announcements!

Hmmmm…so I definitely read that wrongly xD

I thought it said ON new years day, which happened to be a thursday, so I believed it instantly lol

So maybe when this update comes out, could be the Developers Amongst Us Day if that’s something they’d like to do.

They play. But rarely

So far into the game I only have 1 dev kill medal and around 3 dev help medals

If they had a special tag before their names, I’d read it as “shoot me”

I would love those medals too.

I do understand, that keeping the account of a dev private for reasons like people asking questions and stuff, but if you would only get the medals asynchronously, this could be solved (like next day in a mail). Or simply make dev accounts ignore messages except from trustees :smiley:

Anyway, it does feel, as if devs do not play, because those medals are almost over rare, while they seem to have been less rare in the past.

Even if I trust in the explanation, that they do play.

I would love those medals too.

I do understand, that keeping the account of a dev private for reasons like people asking questions and stuff, but if you would only get the medals asynchronously, this could be solved (like next day in a mail). Or simply make dev accounts ignore messages except from trustees :smiley:

Anyway, it does feel, as if devs do not play, because those medals are almost over rare, while they seem to have been less rare in the past.

Even if I trust in the explanation, that they do play.

Hmmm there are Tester Medals as well…   For what ever reason I have more Dev and Dev assist medals than I do tester… so now that I have NOTICE that we have a few other testers…  

Seeing you have super- tester  hmm it kind of looks like you are tagged !!! 

Not that we don’t love ya and ALL  :006j:

yes, most of the super testers from the english forum are actually more active targets. So this would rain medals.

unfortunately, the medal says “during open beta”, which is over. :frowning:

you can of course shoot me anyway and count :smiley:

Yeah, super-tester medals are disabled. ST use to have special title as well, and yeah, it worked as - shoot me, even for friendly targets :))

Well…imo it’s kinda pointless to have the medal disabled!  Why not give people a little extra excitement?  I mean, it’s not like it hurts anything besides Rakza, g4borg, etc :wink:

So let pilots get these medals again, and let’s see more developers actively participating in discussions and gameplay.  If they’re tagged, they’ll get focused; so maybe like was suggested, give the reward after the battle but no hint that it was a developer.

Basically, the community wants to fight with the devs!!!

Yeah, super-tester medals are disabled. ST use to have special title as well, and yeah, it worked as - shoot me, even for friendly targets :))

Is it the “Dev Helper” title you are talking about? I saw someone with it on recently I think.

I assume they will be on holiday like most people

one by one:

there a still some Dev helper playing (like me)

I have to admit I read this topic multiple time as it feels good to be recognized

we are making good progress on “meet the team” event but it may not be on the same day of the patch or at New Year

Is it the “Dev Helper” title you are talking about? I saw someone with it on recently I think.

Maybe me ?

I have this title, for having been a game master in the old days.