Developer Blog from September 4: The Time of Change

Aftermarket cooling for a GPU? Good luck with that, on a side note, I’m more curious about the additions to aliens, rather than humans, imagine getting some actual audio that we can decrypt.

This is a much better format, being able to reply below the thread itself.  I look forward to writing about Star Conflict’s advancements, and when the time comes, I’ll try to get that writing in front of Kotaku, rock paper shotgun, etc.  Really looking forward to this!

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

“Dont mess with me and I won’t mess with you.”

“Let’s teach him a lesson he won’t get to remember!”

When they see a destroyer:

“Ruuuuuuuun!!!”

“We need backup!”

“Aim for the external equipment!”

When they see a scrub in a low rank ship:

“You aren’t even worth the cost of ammunition.”

“Come on, bring us something good!”

“Oh look, more target practice is here!”

2 hours ago, inyazserg said:

P.S. When you fly on a very strong ship (rank 15) in Open Space, and hear a weak pirate (rank 4) say: "You are done’’ - it is just not funny. Help the pirates understand that I have a very strong ship and they have to shut up or ask not to kill them.

AI voice line depending from your ship class/rank could be quite interesting

51 minutes ago, Foxtrot39 said:

AI voice line depending from your ship class/rank could be quite interesting

Would be nice, I agree, but they spend too much on Vodka, so they can’t afford a few extra lines and conditions.  ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

11 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Would be nice, I agree, but they spend too much on Vodka, so they can’t afford a few extra lines and conditions.  ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

No joke I could have all of these new lines in the game and working by the end of the week if I had access to their compiler and source.

6 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

No joke I could have all of these new lines in the game and working by the end of the week if I had access to their compiler and source.

You really have no idea how commercial software development works  ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

Just now, xKostyan said:

You really have no idea how commercial software development works  ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

yump.gif

36 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

If you had access to their compiler and source… *shudder*

4 minutes ago, Sergalicious said:

Id be the friendly neighbourhood dev.

That listened to people’s ideas.

And wasn’t completely focused on making a buck.

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

But you’re are not their employee, so you can’t do a thing!

If you want to present your awesome voice-overs, record yourself and post it on the Internet.

50 minutes ago, Sergalicious said:

Listen, I need to know… What’s the meaning of this?!

Sure, I like standard destroyers, Thar’Ga and Tai’Kin, got them all, but what’s the 4th ship? Cinn’Amon - Ellydium Destroyer class? I need it, NOW!

sxZa2Tl.png

Open Space really needs a lot more attention. Do you remember the last time anything was updated there? I mean in terms of gameplay, not the fixed teleports. Nothing has changed there like for a year. ![:004_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004_2.png “:004_2:”)

Open Space

It’s time

Sure, it’s time! ![:003:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003.png “:003:”)

I hope you have your sights set on the stars pilot, because you’ll be one of them once we’re done here!

You should have left, while you had the chance!

I didn’t expect someone so willing to meet their demise…

You call that a ship? Here, let me take it off you!

Hey guys, let’s teach this mercenary what happens when you sign up for the wrong outfit

Let’s see how well you can aim at superior forces!

I don’t understood why you must mix classes???

• Takle is not recon, why insert jump module?

• engy is not tackle, why slowing effect?

• recon is not tackle, why slowing enemy?

• gunship is not guard, why have pulsar?

For example is more appropriate slowing drone for tackle than in engi station, is more appropriate in tackle…

If continuing this way we will find: Cover Ops with phase shield, long range that recovery allied by disintegrator and ecm with plasma arch…

The new module must be appropriate to the class, not random.

5 hours ago, inyazserg said:

Open Space really needs a lot more attention. Do you remember the last time anything was updated there? I mean in terms of gameplay, not the fixed teleports. Nothing has changed there like for a year. ![:004_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004_2.png “:004_2:”)

Sure, it’s time! ![:003:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003.png “:003:”)

yhea!!! it’s time +100000000000000.

41 minutes ago, LoSconosciuto said:

I don’t understood why you must mix classes???

• Takle is not recon, why insert jump module?

• engy is not tackle, why slowing effect?

• recon is not tackle, why slowing enemy?

• gunship is not guard, why have pulsar?

For example is more appropriate slowing drone for tackle than in engi station, is more appropriate in tackle…

If continuing this way we will find: Cover Ops with phase shield, long range that recovery allied by disintegrator and ecm with plasma arch…

The new module must be appropriate to the class, not random.

Its on the servers: e.g. in PvE ‘Processing Rig’ enemy has Guard frigates with 2 drones …

You know that recons have slowing missiles, and gunships have the particle purge? Not all engineers support by healing their allies, some can have crowd control effects, and tacklers should be the most mobile of the fighter class, since they are supposed to deal with interceptors. If all classes would be confined to one function, and one function only, then it would be boring, recons, capture the beacons, then die, gunships, overdrive, then die, engineers, heal, then die, why not mix them up? Why not get some diversity into the game?

It’s called “Role Equality” get with the times!!!

8 minutes ago, RennieAshII said:

It’s called “Role Equality” get with the times!!!

Roles were designed and balanced back when there was only one game mode - Capture the beacon, since then dedicated role does not make much sense, except for a dedicated healer, or sometimes a disabler. BEsides that, all roles gotta do dmg along a side of their supporting capabilities. The concept of a “role” with the specific task is gone a long time ago, for past 2 years regardless of what your “role” is, you still have to shoot at enemies to apply damage pressure, otherwise you are a waste of a slot.

18 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

… BEsides that, all roles gotta do dmg along a side of their supporting capabilities. The concept of a “role” with the specific task is gone a long time ago, for past 2 years regardless of what your “role” is, you still have to shoot at enemies to apply damage pressure, otherwise you are a waste of a slot.

Exactly ! Well explained. Stronger role-builds of ships (like a max healer) are only worth it if you get a team reward, like in sector conquests (dreadnought battles) - the pure healer (professing in his role) will not get rewards enough to progress or even to pay his bills (repair etc).