Developer Blog from September 4: The Time of Change

‘Centre announces the imminent release of the space action Star Conflict! Players can launch to conquer open space on September 4. Brave explorers will see a lot of new territories, where they can complete quests, rob commercial caravans, fight pirates and other players.’

6a0eefcd03fdad88bd290c0a0348.jpg

These words accompanied Star Conflict before the long-awaited release version 3 years ago. Since then, thousands of pilots not only conquered the expanses of the fringe sectors, but also fought in large-scale battles of dreadnoughts, battled the Alien invasion and stormed the heights of shipbuilding and the latest technologies. Today we will traditionally sweep through time and see what awaits your favourite game in the near and not very near future.

b0db32cdc5799428161b32f9f814.jpg

Waz’Got

Waz’Got, the most anticipated ship of Ellydium, has already made some noise this summer. But the best part lies ahead! At the highest rank all owners of the green engineer get a unique special module unlike anything else. The ship will be able to place a real combat platform on the battlefield, which will be able to repair allies and attack enemies. Seems like it’s quite ordinary? The trick is that Waz’Got will be able to upgrade the station right on the battlefield. The upgrades themselves are selected on the spot and, depending on the situation, you can, for example, change weapons or hinder the enemy with slowing effects. The intriguing mass of possibilities is already under development! And do not forget that the first to touch the new technology will be the participants of mass testing, where we are happy to invite everyone.

e77d23ce7dcbf8eb969eb363b6c7.jpg

Global Fleet Update

Good old ships, known as ‘silver ships’, were designed at the game’s dawn of creation. It’s time to shake off the dust from the aged tech and breathe new life into it! We want to give each ship unique abilities: active modules, modifiers or weapons. Managing an upgraded ship in combat must be an entirely new and unique experience.

Take a look at the iconic Wolf-M fighter . The ship will have an active module, allowing you to ‘jump’ like a scout to an enemy ship, and even to scramble your opponents’ electronics when you exit the jump.The new shield modifier will increase shield resistance proportionally to the number of enemies around. A unique plasma cannon will deal additional damage to standing targets with critical hits. The fighter will become more mobile on the battlefield and will be able to aggressively use its attacking potential.

First of all, the most popular and beloved ships of the Federation, the Empire and Jericho will be updated. On ships of lower ranks, the number of modifiers will increase, which will reduce the difference in combat effectiveness with their higher-rank siblings. And an improved matchmaking system will increase the speed and quality of combat, especially when flying in squads and for novice pilots.

f56661abca885ca3978a69919937.jpg

Open Space

It’s time to share the long-awaited news about many players’s favourite mode. Open space will once again offer pilots a feeling of being pioneers and leaders of the fate of the fringe sectors.

The development team carefully works on missions and the history of the universe. While travelling on the map, players will make their way further to more dangerous territories.The familiar world will change and the most desperate mercenaries will see new technologies, enemies and adventures in the world of Star Conflict. Details will come very soon! Follow the news, and see you in space!

Well that was fast, so will we be able to see new alien ships? Probably some actual Crystallid Fighters?(For the reference, Scouts are interceptors, and Biomorphs are human-alien hybrids)

And will we get visual modifications of the lower ranks, along with new modules and weapons too? So far we have the T1 Imperial ships, and some T2s.

Lastly, I expected to have Waz’Got eat shipwrecks, hence the huge mouth it has, altough that module was actually the turret drone deployer.

Sweet, cant wait to see the changes ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Noice! Finally something new for os! How many ships rework will we get on the next major update approximately?

Most of this is expected closer to New Year. And we also have more surprises for another developers blog ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

Yay! I hope we’ll get something cool as wolf-M for the blood tormentor!

Btw, will we directly get access to all new weapon and modules or we’ll have daily mission for them? 

If we could directly get them like for premium ship like ghost or stingray that will be much appreciated

Now that’s just cruel.

Putting my own creation so far up an Elly tree that only wallet warriors will be able to get to it…

I don’t even have the woz 5 yet, let alone the woz 13.

Though I’m glad to see standard ships finally getting some attention.

And OS ffs. It’s about time.

My Waz’Got is rank 8, 480/590, there are three days left until the xenochips will abandon us, any chance to be able to spend them on buying entangled shards, or crystal cascades by any chance? Or should I start spending my xenochips on the Spiral and Endeavour crates?

My time of change was actually a few months ago. It just happened.

54 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

My Waz’Got is rank 8, 480/590, there are three days left until the xenochips will abandon us, any chance to be able to spend them on buying entangled shards, or crystal cascades by any chance? Or should I start spending my xenochips on the Spiral and Endeavour crates?

You could never spend them on specmod crates. Those are event only as far as I can tell.

Go ahead and throw them at spiral.

WHOOO AWESOME!!! It’s what I’ve always said, buff the classic ships don’t nerf the destroyers and aliens.

Finally the OS is getting an update. Thanks devs!

Can’t wait to see what my glorious Crus S will get.

A Vulcan like weapon with less spread to shred even faster through everything and everyone?

A build in energy converter? (Can we finally fix targeting with the energy converter?, 70% of the times it doesn’t hit, while 30% of the times it hits regardless of where i aim at, even when just quickly throwing the aim roughly over another ship)

A new phase shield that will regenerate its shield faster the more damage it soaked with the same elemental type?

A module that will put it into “fortress” mode boosting its shield and resistances but costing energy and making you almost unable to move?

I think it really won’t matter, the Crus S currently is a beast of a ship. Guards in general are in a decent state atm, that is if you know how to play them.

Open Space Definitely needs some improvements. I would personally like an updated audio base. I am tired of the 4 fixed phrases which Cartel members say:

Say goodbye to your rusty ship merc!

Ah haa fresh meat!

Looks like we got ourselves a Hero over here, waste him!

You shouldn’t have come here mercenary

Come on, add some more variants!

On 08/07/2016 at 2:33 PM, CinnamonFake said:

Gaijin will help us with some new voices and sounds for upcoming Autumn update, so soon we all will hear some new stuff ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

The words are 1-year-old. I did not hear new sounds in Open Space or maybe the changes were not so big.

P.S. When you fly on a very strong ship (rank 15) in Open Space, and hear a weak pirate (rank 4) say: "You are done’’ - it is just not funny. Help the pirates understand that I have a very strong ship and they have to shut up or ask not to kill them.

P.S. Here is how you can update the sound base for Open Space:
Start a competition with the users sending you their recorded speeches, on Facebook and Vkontakte, or on the official Star Conflict forum.

Stage 1:
a) give clear rules (no swearing, no strong accent, no adult topics).
b) give the deadline.
c) format (f.e. WAV, FLAC, APE or just mp.3 for pre-listening).

Stage 2: let the community choose the best variants.

Stage 3: update the Open Space sound data-base.

Stage 4: update the game.

Stage 5: write this news on the main page of the launcher: “Open Space sound update: We updated the Open Space with some new sounds! We also remind you of the Spatial Scanner discount”
This way you would not have to pay much money.

8 minutes ago, inyazserg said:

Open Space Definitely needs some improvements. I would personally like an updated audio base. I am tired of the 4 fixed phrases which Cartel members say:

Come on, add some more variants!

The words are 1-year-old. I did not hear new sounds in Open Space or maybe the changes were not so big.

P.S. When you fly on a very strong ship in Open Space, and hear a pirate on a rank 4 ship saying: "You are done’ - it is just not funny. Help the pirates understand that I have a very strong ship and they have to shut up or ask not to kill them.

“Dont mess with me and I won’t mess with you.”

“Let’s teach him a lesson he won’t get to remember!”

When they see a destroyer:

“Ruuuuuuuun!!!”

“We need backup!”

“Aim for the external equipment!”

When they see a scrub in a low rank ship:

“You aren’t even worth the cost of ammunition.”

“Come on, bring us something good!”

“Oh look, more target practice is here!”

Id really love a player base competition where everyone can submit their voice as clips for pirate/merc/NPC quotes.

Like 5-10 quotes per person and a huge reward in GS or Monos or some other universal resource. I’d even accept a few million free synergy.

4 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

“Dont mess with me and I won’t mess with you.”

“Let’s teach him a lesson he won’t get to remember!”

When they see a destroyer:

“Ruuuuuuuun!!!”

“We need backup!”

“Aim for the external equipment!”

When they see a scrub in a low rank ship:

“You aren’t even worth the cost of ammunition.”

“Come on, bring us something good!”

“Oh look, more target practice is here!”

I do not hear these lines in Open Space because I fly a rank 15 fighter ship, so nothing changed for me. For me they have only 4 or 5 phrases. it’s boring!

7 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

player base competition where everyone can submit their voice as clips for pirate/merc/NPC quotes

Sounds excellent! And it has many pros:

1. the players choose what they want;
  2. the players are going to fly in Open Space to check those new sounds.
  3. more players will be satisfied with the game and they will not uninstall it.
  4. the players are going to buy Spacial Scanners and make the devs rich.

P.S. if the devs plan the sound base update for the winter holidays, the kids are going to buy a lot of Spatial Scanners. Just make Open Space more interesting for the donaters.

17 minutes ago, inyazserg said:

I do not hear these lines in Open Space because I fly a rank 15 fighter ship, so nothing changed for me. For me they have only 4 or 5 phrases. it’s boring!

These are suggestions. Not actual quotes yet.

I hope fans for my graphics card come fast from china. I can’t stop myself to play. I always coming back to this game… and it seems it’s good moment. Only 1 more month to do it…

Spoiler

… [the Wazgor] will be able to place a real combat platform on the battlefield, which will be able to repair allies and attack enemies. Seems like it’s quite ordinary? The trick is that Waz’Got will be able to upgrade the station right on the battlefield. The upgrades themselves are selected on the spot and, depending on the situation, you can, for example, change weapons or hinder the enemy with slowing effects. The intriguing mass of possibilities is already under development! …

That’s great: a strategic battle platform deployed in space - super idea!

Better sound is also great idea - why not have news spoken by text to speech ?