Developer blog from May 15th: Ships and modules

While powerful corporations capture locations and lead desperate attacks on enemy dreadnoughts, ordinary pilots continue traversing our universe, fight in PvP, complete missions and participate in tournaments.

We are always mindful of the fact that in our game, the main characters are such pilots — mercenaries. And today we want to talk a little bit about what we do for them.

Very soon pilots can expect additions to ship branches and three new modules in stores.

d922586e7de756b6e3e528d3f7bb.jpg

New ships

Biomorphs, captured in heavy battles, allowed our scientists to create new methods of adapting the ships to new technologies. Development has started on a new line of experimental ships, and the first prototypes launched from the docks of the Empire and the Federation. Versions of the ships built with these technologies have slightly lower top speed, but have better survivability on the battlefield.

Callsign: Achilles

Side of conflict: Empire

Class: Fighter

Role: Gunship

The new attack aircraft was made ​​by the same team of scientists and technicians, who had previously worked on Phobos in industrial centers of the Warden Order. The latest data on the alien technology was used, which allowed to significantly strengthen the hull and shield, as well as to increase maximum power of the generator.

Unlike Phobos, Achilles has 4 active combat modules and a special combination of unique bonuses to hull and shield resistance.

Callsign: Hyena

Side of conflict: Federation

Class: Fighter

Role: Tackler

Federation Scientists put together the best of the rank 7 ships Silent Fox and Wolf. The new fighter was designed for experienced pilots, who can use the ship’s potential to the max. And the use of Alien tech allowed to further strengthen the ship’s defences.

The ship has four active modules and a set of additional bonuses.

Modules

In addition to new versions of ships, pilots will soon get new and unique modules. The possibility of manufacturing such modules appeared only after the analysis of all the materials received during the war with Aliens. And this despite the extremely difficult economic situation in the frontier sectors and political isolation from the central and metropolitan sectors!

Extended Hull

This module will be extremely useful to those who often traverse the attacked sectors. Federation initially created this module for the needs of their special units. And now as a monopolist it sells the module to mercenaries. Extended Hull can be installed in the hull slot. The main bonus is the cargo hold increase. Additionally, ships equipped with Extended Hull get additional hull strength increase in all game modes.

The module is available from the third tech level and can be installed on a ship of any role that has the corresponding slot.

Holograms

This battle module is suited for recon interceptors. Starting with rank 8, scouts can use this module is to mislead the enemy. This will greatly increase survivability of a ship in combat. The main feature of the module is producing two illusions of the player’s ship, whose durability is a bit lower than that of the main ship. The main objective of illusions is to distract the enemy. This will improve survivability of the pilot at the most crucial moments in battle.

The higher the module’s level, the longer the lifetime of the holograms gets.

System Hack

ECM interceptors can now use the module to hack various objects belonging to the opposing team, within a radius of one kilometer from the player.Thus ECMs can take control of drones, autonomous stations, microlocators.

The game universe has many objects that help players in battle. ECM is perfectly suited for cleaning the battlefield of such objects.

But power over various stations will not work for a long time. After a certain period of time, all the objects captured by System hack will self-destruct. The higher the module’s level, the more control time is given to the pilot.

Other important changes

In addition to new ships and modules we will also add new modules for corporate dreadnoughts. And dreadnoughts will be able to participate in battles for control over T4 locations that are also going to be available in the near future.

We also fixed significant technical problems and bugs. For example, displaying the names of locations with interface scaling and a bug where a group could not get into battle for location because of a pilot disconnecting. We will continue to improve the Beacon Capture gameplay. And all the pilots of the corporations involved in the ‘Arms Race’ will receive a special achievement.

We will continue to work further on new technologies and their performance in battle. Your opinion is especially important to us! Be sure to tell us about your impressions when the new items appear in the store!

Interesting ;p I wonder what the battles will be like with everyone using hologram on recons… XD

Kaiju will love the System Hack.

God finally we will get credit R9 Tackler and Gunship. 

• Ships, perfect

• Cargo module: great! (I hope it is NOT another spatial scanner for GS only…)

• Recon holograms: I will wait till I see the holos stats, behaviour and abilities. I hope they CAN’T damage, cap beacons, stop beacon capping and so on… I also will love that any special effect on them inmediatly dispells them (debuffs, ML, pulsar etc…) or at least ML and spy drones will mark them as holograms.

• ECM module: I really love the idea. It looks really cool, and really ECM oriented. The range and capture times will dictate if the module is crap, good or broken. We will see.

God finally we will get credit R9 Tackler and Gunship. 

YES!!!

And I’m extremely excited about the cargo module too!!!

Looks like I’ll finally be able to make a “smuggler” fit for my Atlas.

Yeah, we needed even more OP Gunships in the game, because they were not xxxx enough already.  :012j:

Yeah, we needed a Rank 9 non-premium OP Gunship in the game, because all the other ones were premiums.  :012j:

FIFY

These are for t3 so you no longer have to endure only silent fox or phobos if not using GS ships. Haven’t seen anyone saying their favourite t3 ship is silent fox or phobos so these will be interesting ;p

Looks like Achilles will have hull strength and damage/energy bonus, and Hyena perhaps some kind of rail bonus and range? idk ;p

Looks like I’ll finally be able to make a “smuggler” fit for my Atlas.

nope

Once people know what they’re doing with the Silent Fox, that ship is ludicrously good. You should see Erador in it: my fellow Owls are terrified of it (hope I don’t get my feathers plucked for saying that).

When it comes to the ECM module, I think it’s a great idea because it’ll mean one less ship-stun module being used by ECM pilots. This will make the affects that people think are unfair on ECMs used less, and make them a bit less crippling to individuals, in my opinion. Seems like a lot of fun!

Concerning the Recon module, I don’t understand how it won’t be obvious to any pilot with the display that shows a ship’s hull and shield strength? Won’t people just be able to compare the two and see it? Obviously in the heat of battle it may well be missed but I would have thought people’d settle into spotting it pretty quickly. I may be missing something though - the idea does sound fun, I hope it works out and is nicely balanced.

nope

What do you mean, ‘nope’?

It’s a cargo hold booster, it goes in a hull slot, and it’s available from Tier 3 and up.

So when you say ‘nope’, are you saying it doesn’t work as advertised, or you just disagree with my potential ship fit? Because I really couldn’t care less about your opinion on my ship fits.

EDIT: I see what you did there.

this patch makes me feelin a bit meh…

I’m not for putting new modules in the game…

Game is already a mess with drones spam, the 700 speed tacklers and destructor… Remove the broken stuff from the game like the cruise engine, rework the destructor…This is much more important than adding new spam to the game wich also make the game lags…

Always nice having new ships and content but pls stop this laggy messy spam asap :wink:

These are for t3 so you no longer have to endure only silent fox or phobos if not using GS ships. Haven’t seen anyone saying their favourite t3 ship is silent fox or phobos so these will be interesting ;p

Once people know what they’re doing with the Silent Fox, that ship is ludicrously good. You should see Erador in it: my fellow Owls are terrified of it (hope I don’t get my feathers plucked for saying that).

Silent fox OP:

vdhoG72.jpg

But the parallax is stronger, and I’m happy that there will finally be a non-premium equivalent :slight_smile:  Same for the gunship.

When it comes to the ECM module, I think it’s a great idea because it’ll mean one less ship-stun module being used by ECM pilots. This will make the affects that people think are unfair on ECMs used less, and make them a bit less crippling to individuals, in my opinion. Seems like a lot of fun!

I fully agree with you about alternative modules than the standard “stuns” for ECMS, and I think that it is also a good solution to what we were asking for before, that is a module that can remove drones.  It will make people think twice before pooping their drones out, if there is an ECM in the area that can turn their own drones on them…

Game is already a mess with drones spam, the 700 speed tacklers and destructor… Remove the broken stuff from the game like the cruise engine, rework the destructor…This is much more important than adding new spam to the game wich also make the game lags…

The ECM module should help with some of the spam.  At least I think that is the intention!

Destructor is fine IMO, but we have had this discussion already on another thread I believe.

People yell at destructor but forget that it kills drones ;p

Good news, but to little to late.

I fly ecm and i really doubt i would waste an active just for the annti droones spam… Remove the cruise engine and evrything would be fine to me. Game was simply  much better b4 it!

Looking forward to the dread update, at least. I’m not entirely sure about holograms or that new ECM module. So long as the cooldown is longer than that of the hull and shield stations, I’m okay with it.

looks cool! I hope the new tackler isn’t op tho. ie: More powerful than parallax and bear which are already a little op. 

Seeing r9s for Fed Tackler and Empire Gunship is really nice. Dunno if it was in any way spurred by the suggestion post, but regardless it’ll make t3 more manageable.

The modules are also nice, giving the ECM some actual CounterMeasures rather than straight disables. Might encourage some new gameplay which is good to see. The recon one is a little iffy since bots are bots. Hopeful, though.

AND DAT INCREASED OPEN SPACE CARGO.

No love for jericho…

Well, atleast the caltrop will be absolutely crippling in beacon capture if the module works as it should…