Developer Blog from March 22. Star Conflict League: "Lucky dozen"

152b7d80b6e5edcbf65b30c00643.jpg

With the start of the first season a new era begins in the history of Star Conflict tournaments. Intense, dynamic fights, true excitement — the first play-offs promise to be interesting as ever. But, as usual, we are not going to show our hand from the start. The first season will be held in the new format, but the essence remains the same: the best 16 teams will participate in the Main Event — the playoffs of SC League.

Top 14 — First League
With the start of the first season, the teams will be divided into two Leagues: First League and Battle League. First League pilots are professionals in the world of Star Conflict, the best pilots and the most skilled teams. They will follow strict regulations and fight for huge rewards. Battle League is the starting point for each of the teams, a training ground for pilots. The rules here are less stringent, but so are the rewards.
Maximum size of the First League is fourteen teams (can be reduced at the start of the season) who are guaranteed to take part in the Main Event. The Battle League has an unlimited number of teams. Through the time left until the start of the first season, you have the opportunity to show your best side and get into the First League from the start. To do this, you need to:

• Occupy a place from 1 to 14 in the current League table;
  • Have at least 1050 rating points.

The transition between the First League to the Battle League will be manual: in special battles top teams from the Battle League will fight outsiders from the First League for the coveted slot, access to the main event, the prize and the daily tasks.
At least two places in the play-offs will be distributed among the teams that have achieved the best results in the Battle League. The first season will traditionally go on for a few months, and only well-trained and persistent participants will be able to defeat their opponents from the top teams of the First League.

Daily tasks for League pilots
The lucky pilots who get to the big leagues, will have access to separate special daily tasks that will be much more valuable than the Battle League tasks. These tasks are for the best players — a difficult challenge that requires not only determination but also stress resistance. Only the most persistent can expect to win.

Automatic games
Ladder games will be carried out virtually the same way as in the test season. The format remains the same:

• Number of players: 5 vs 5;
  • Mode: ‘Capture the Beacon’;
  • Acceptable ranks: 11-15;
  • Possible roles: Any;
  • Friendly fire: Disabled;
  • Self-damage: enabled.

Maximum team size will remain the same — 9 pilots but the number of substitutions for the First and Battle League is different. In addition, the First League has a number of restrictions on player transfers:

• After leaving the team the player will not be able to join another First League team for 48 hours;
  • A player can join a First League team, only if he is already in that league.

These restrictions do not apply to Battle League.
The transition between the leagues will be manual, but teams can also meet in the ladder. Matchmaking works according to team rating and is not directly dependent on the place in a given league, that is, a team from the First league will be able to play against a team from Battle League.

Miscellaneous
We will also update League interface and introduce additional achievements.
Also, during the first season we will add the possibility for any pilot to take an indirect part in the life of SC Leagues: cheer for the favourite team, get a task from the best teams in the game universe with a good reward, participate in sweepstakes and get pleasant surprises in your hangar. And most importantly — make a tangible contribution to the prize pool.

Names of the teams who get in the First League with the start of the season will be determined in the next few weeks. We will keep you up to date and announce the date of rating fixation. Follow the news!

Introduce your self, mister, please.

Greetings!

Introduce your self, mister, please.

Introducing myself :) 

Hi everyone! My name is Ivan and I’m new CM for Star Conflict :wink:

Hello! So Error is officially gone now? Will we just see him a bit here and there? Kinda missing him already.

Looking forward for your stuff in the game. Good luck!

It’s a trap! He’s Lezort in disguise :smiley:

Just kidding, welcome Mr CinnamonFake! Do you like cinnamon rolls?

Do you like cinnamon rolls?

… but not the fake one. The Ceylon one.

Weird vibes here, better not get involved, crap, WELCOME !!1 

Do you like cinnamon rolls?

That’s kind of no gender related nickname) Pretty usefull some times in console gaming :wink: Pleased to meet everyone here

nickname)

Ahaaah! We have a nationality guys! I still think you are Lezort :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, so your profile picture of a handsome american bearded man is not you?

Exclude destros, plz.

Exclude destros, plz.

lol

If they are excluded from league then they shold be excluded from all PVP gamemodes. The same reasons are also valid.

Ahaaah! We have a nationality guys! I still think you are Lezort :stuck_out_tongue:

I was in San-Francisco one time, but that doesnt makes me american. And btw, I apricciate your compliment )))

P.S Yeah, yeah, russian smily faces, I know)

what a suck up!

Welcome Ivan, was wondering when you make your appearance :)))

Regarding the actual topic, it does sound pretty cool and stuff, but as NA player I am not sure how to make people even play leagues. Since start of the test season, i have had total of 12 League games, simply due to the fact there are no opponents :frowning:

While Russian team were able to do hundreds of games each :((

Funny how only Katovisky said something about the topic. I really have nothing to say about the topic, so I shall opt out. Good luck with the Leagues to anyone who’s thinking of participating!

I was in San-Francisco one time, but that doesnt makes me american. And btw, I apricciate your compliment )))

P.S Yeah, yeah, russian smily faces, I know)

I’ve never been to America :frowning: I wish I could afford it.

what a suck up!

Ye ye, I thought it was judt a random photo he had found XD

I’va always wondered the same about Skule’s photo. But he’s not very chatty besides “01842903”, “How to create bug reports”, “No bug”, or “Will be fixed”, so I have never asked him.

On topic: meh, I thought there would be tweaks? For example forming teams is too restricting (we rarely get everyone online at the same time so it would be nice to be able to take anyone from corp who is online), recon spam is a problem, why is it only one gamemode - get’s repetitve quickly.

So nothing about these supposed greater rewards?

hello sire

i wish you good luck in this endeavor as a/the new CM!

@leagues: yaay. or actually, just… whatever, man!

now if it would throw 4 teams in a 10v10 from time to time, but if whishes were horsies…

the top 14 idea is a nice idea tho as transition.

and i do see it positive that leagues gets “furbished”.

but to be honest, i think the fanbase is quite small.

Exclude destros, plz.

it’s a separate gamemode, so rules like no destros for these smaller games are imho okay.

why this should have anything to do with the pvp queue, millan, i really don’t see.

pvp games usually are bigger, and only in the bigger games, destros add somewhat of suspenso

in the end i don’t really care, but maybe this is something people could discuss, or vote upon.

just make sure the vote options include also a nuance how active the voter actually is in leagues.

for me, it is no replacement for good pvps, and i regard tournaments still as more test of team spirit, as “good league play” includes to play dirty, most games are cheap, and i had maybe 2 of them i found really interesting.

While Russian team were able to do hundreds of games each :((

Ah, so you believe, in the eu/ru timezone, games are just going on non-stop, and you are missing all the fun!?

*giggles*

Ah, so you believe, in the eu/ru timezone, games are just going on non-stop, and you are missing all the fun!?

*giggles*

teams from top 8 had up to 200 games (or was it more? Cant remember actual stats now) in leagues since the start of the test season.

Hello! So Error is officially gone now? Will we just see him a bit here and there? Kinda missing him already.

Looking forward for your stuff in the game. Good luck!

I am here as casual player whenever real life is able to sponsor some free time:)