Developer Blog from March 17th: New premium ships and a new build system

Interesting. So ‘parts’ are just the name for the currency like it is with iridium.

Yellow part for ship x, violett part for ship y and cyan part for ship z.

Do we will get an extra lootattempt after this implemention is out?

I’m asking, because currently it sounds like:

loot attempt 1 - trash credits item

loot attempt 2 - trash credits item

loot attempt 3 - trash credits item

To: (3 loot attempts for successful PvE mission x)

loot attempt 3 - yellow part (lucky loot attempt)

as what happen after I had collected all parts(for either one specific ship or even all 3 ships)?

Because the yellow part will be totally useless for me after I have ship x(which required the yellow parts), so trading in or else getting credited would be needed. Or it would mean with the above example I had 2 ‘bad’ lootings and 1 blank as in only having 2 loot attempts instead of 3…

Interesting. So ‘parts’ are just the name for the currency like it is with iridium.

Yellow part for ship x, violett part for ship y and cyan part for ship z.

Do we will get an extra lootattempt after this implemention is out?

I’m asking, because currently it sounds like:

loot attempt 3 - trash credits item

To: (3 loot attempts for successful PvE mission x)

loot attempt 3 - yellow part (lucky loot attempt)

as what happen after I had collected all parts(for either one specific ship or even all 3 ships)?

Because the yellow part will be totally useless for me after I have ship x(which required the yellow parts), so trading in or else getting credited would be needed. Or it would mean with the above example I had 2 ‘bad’ lootings and 1 blank as in only having 2 loot attempts instead of 3…

To me it sounded more like it is 1 common currency that is used for all 3 ships (and most likely for future ships of same type), just different amount of such currency depending on a rank of desired ship.

I don’t think it’s tied to the loot system, I rather expect missions by agents.

Or?

Or?

you did not read the blog, did you :)?

The new ship build system

Pilots can build all new ships from unique resources called ‘Parts’. Unique resources can be acquired by picking up ‘Parts’ in PvP, PvE and COOP game modes in ‘Trophy search’ after the battle.

Or?

It is tied to the loot system, it says so specifically

you did not read the blog, did you :)?

The new ship build system

Pilots can build all new ships from unique resources called ‘Parts’. Unique resources can be acquired by picking up ‘Parts’ in PvP, PvE and COOP game modes in ‘Trophy search’ after the battle.

obviously, every time i read this thread, i find a new part of that sentence i did not read, you are right.

funny, it’s still the same sentence. maybe i also did not expect anything anymore in the loot system to change. has been ages since it got something new in it. again raised interest in this.

I really like the idea of the heal beam and taunt. League players now have another interesting way to heal for dedicated engi pilots.

I’ve always liked taunts - I could never use them enough in MOBA games when I played Shen and Axe a long time ago. This will definitely help, especially in captain matches. Who knows? Maybe teamplay will make a return in pubqueue :wink:

Slightly off topic: last DevBlog was one about the evolution of SecCon/dreads. Is there an ETA on those new features?

I really like the idea of the heal beam and taunt. League players now have another interesting way to heal for dedicated engi pilots.

I’ve always liked taunts - I could never use them enough in MOBA games when I played Shen and Axe a long time ago. This will definitely help, especially in captain matches. Who knows? Maybe teamplay will make a return in pubqueue :wink:

Slightly off topic: last DevBlog was one about the evolution of SecCon/dreads. Is there an ETA on those new features?

Heh yolo captain in rank 7 guard activates the taunt and rushes straight into the enemy shouting “WITNESS ME!!!”

@Kato:

I read exactly the opposite in Doomb0t’s post:

>>2. Something different, unique part for one ship and no more one part for each ship.<<

This mean each ship has its own needed currency.

Regarding taunt: I never encountered a game in which taunts function in PvP(meaning forcing the enemy real only attacking you).

Heh yolo captain in rank 7 guard activates the taunt and rushes straight into the enemy shouting “WITNESS ME!!!”

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Many people need profile pictures ^^ I keep forgetting who is who without them.

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

geronimo_by_zerowusabitacoz-d42nfsb.jpg

Either this taunt will be more complicated than just changing locks to taunter, or it is pretty much useless. I mean, lock on target does not drive your priority to shoot at someone, hell, sometimes i even realise I was dogfighting for a while without even having a lock on them or I did not have a lock on them on purpose, for example sometimes while in an ECM going vs Engineer and a Fighter - I lock on an Engi so I can disable his heals while shooting at a fighter. So if this taunt simply collect lock, it will at most screw up Missiles, plus re-locking a target is a matter of a second. 

Now if the taunt would be something like a white noise, except taunter is still visible and the only one visible - than yeah kinda make sense. Thing is we already have a “taunt” on a guard - Spectre Field. 

New taunt idea: “LEEEROOOYYYYY JENKINSSSS!!!”

Either this taunt will be more complicated than just changing locks to taunter, or it is pretty much useless. I mean, lock on target does not drive your priority to shoot at someone, hell, sometimes i even realise I was dogfighting for a while without even having a lock on them or I did not have a lock on them on purpose, for example sometimes while in an ECM going vs Engineer and a Fighter - I lock on an Engi so I can disable his heals while shooting at a fighter. So if this taunt simply collect lock, it will at most screw up Missiles, plus re-locking a target is a matter of a second. 

Now if the taunt would be something like a white noise, except taunter is still visible and the only one visible - than yeah kinda make sense. Thing is we already have a “taunt” on a guard - Spectre Field. 

Or hell, even a forced camera lock onto the taunter would make this viable.

Now tell me, how long is it calculated to get active player playing 2 hours a day get enough parts to get new ship? A month? 6 months? A year? I don’t want exact time, just the answer with which timeframe I was closest :slight_smile:

2 hours / day? that’s about 2-3 years

There is taunting in other pvp games where the enemy players’ characters focus auto-attacks on taunting target, nothing new here. By their description, it sounds like all the ships in X radius will lock on taunting ship automatically and any ability they use + missiles will be shot at that ship, probably except main guns which you aim at your former target, so you waste some ability and missile power.

And MOAR MATS TO GRIND!!! YYAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa…   ey? At least if it had as many crafting options as other games with this amount of materials…

This begs the question: what happened to T5 destros and dreadnought battle tweaks previously showcased and discussed?

I too am wondering about T5 dessies. I want to max mine asap so that I can stop worrying about it.

This begs the question

How is it related?

This is actually a nice update, looking forward to see the new ships, especially the funship. 

Funship is gonna be mineeee. I love ramming things and this is just gonna make it 10x better. X3

Also can I have an Axe-XS-Axe? Just for the lolz? It looks like a fun test craft for things. Xp

And I’m eager to see what the new healing modules look like. Because of the way that the engineer is layed out, it looks like it could be able to use my Engineer weapon that I suggested ages ago that shot out the beams that joined to form an explosion of death for enemies and heal for allies.