Developer Blog from March 17th: New premium ships and a new build system

Very soon new premium ships will be added to the game. The main difference of the new ships from other premium vessels is that pilots will be able to build these ships from special parts — resources unique to each one. The required resources will be available during ‘Trophy search’ after battles in PvP, PvE and COOP modes. Thus, the new premium ships can not only be bought with premium currency, but also assembled from parts with the only requirement being effort to find the necessary resources.

The new ships will have unique designs and new active modules. Today we’re going to tell you about this in more detail.

In the coming weeks we are going to release three new premium ships. A rank 13 Imperial engineering frigate, a rank 10 Federation gunship and a rank 7 Federation guard frigate.

772266842c4367ae0c228a3bbbf7.jpg

The look of the new Imperial engineering frigate ‘Brokk’

The new ship build system

Pilots can build all new ships from unique resources called ‘Parts’. Unique resources can be acquired by picking up ‘Parts’ in PvP, PvE and COOP game modes in ‘Trophy search’ after the battle.

Each pilot will be able to choose the most convenient game mode. You can also collect the necessary ‘Parts’ by alternating modes. In addition, to save time, ‘Parts’ will be available in special bundle containers, which are also being updated.

In the ship tree pilots can see which ‘Parts’ are necessary for assembly of the ship they need, and monitor their progress. This is where you can learn the locations of the necessary resources. When all the parts have been assembled, the ship’s icon is highlighted and you can start building.

5d4091210e8b7dae0f79dabd7f4b.jpg

*displayed ship price serves only as a placeholder

If you’re short on resources, you can buy missing parts in special bundle containers at the store.

Unique features of the new ships

All new ships will have unique opportunities in the form of special modules and weapons.

For example, the Imperial engineering frigate will get a special module that can repairs hulls of allies. The module will generate a beam that can be used to support ships in battle, while remaining at some distance behind them.

Also, the frigate will receive a new universal weapon, that can restore shields of allies and deal damage to enemies at the same time.

The Federation gunship will receive a special module, extended to ‘Plasma Blade’. This will allow pilots to ram enemies. This unique active module is very effective against hulls of larger ships.

The new Federation guard frigate will receive a unique special module which dramatically enhances shield resistances. The ship then automatically becomes the target for nearby enemies. The unique active module of this frigate restores his shield from incoming EM damage.

Of course, it’s not all about the future of the new ship build system. We shall return to this topic in our future developer blog. Stay with us. Follow the news, play Star Conflict!

Looking forward to your comments!

Sincerely,

Star Conflict Team

Just a few questions regarding this:

These premiumships have the same advantages like other premiums(+2 cargo/free respawn/full synergy level)?

Second: These parts work like iridum or are they more like current Secret Project parts(so different versions)?

I wasn’t expecting anything like this happening in the middle of the destroyer project. Looks like someone is really into making these ship models.

+1 for making resources available to pvp/pve/pva loot. 

I’m very wary of this new ship progression scheme… if the parts are anything like the drop chances of BPs from pve then it’ll take months to get one ship. Also… does this mean we don’t have to pay in GS for the new ships!?

we need more monos fot it

I’m very wary of this new ship progression scheme… if the parts are anything like the drop chances of BPs from pve then it’ll take months to get one ship. Also… does this mean we don’t have to pay in GS for the new ships!?

Pay or assembly. I guess that parts drop rate will be around beryllium drop rate.

To me the new “Brokk” frigate looks like a combination between Templar and Styx,hope you will come up with a Jerry tackler as a project(and do not make it as hideous as Saw One pls)

Get us the squad mechanic back first for rank 11-15.

Yeah, it will be made in such way, that you will have to grind for each ship 4-6 months, or buy them via Bundle containers with a “possible drop rate”. Drop rate will be probably set to very low, low or common.

Beta was over a long time ago, yet this game is still drastically changing its mechanics and going for a new way to better cash in all the available ships.

I am unsure about this. However, I cannot provide any correct assessment, until I actually see the new content.

How long is “very soon”? 3 months or 1 month?

HHYYYYYYYPEEEEEE

HHYYYYYYYPEEEEEE

Don’t.

New ships are always welcome, new possibilities as well. 

Now tell me, how long is it calculated to get active player playing 2 hours a day get enough parts to get new ship? A month? 6 months? A year? I don’t want exact time, just the answer with which timeframe I was closest :slight_smile:

The new Federation guard frigate will receive a unique special module which dramatically enhances shield resistances. The ship then automatically becomes the target for nearby enemies. The unique active module of this frigate restores his shield from incoming EM damage.

uh, i suggested taunt once; so i am happy about this.

overall the new modules sound quite interesting, not sure about the ranks, tho.

curious about the fighter ram.

however, not so sure about the way the farming goes.

losing interest like a waterfall.

i was sick of open space grind before i even began.

pls do missions in pvp aswell.

Sigh… another thing that I… I…

:fed014:

• obtaining a unique ship with premium status by just playing the game without going out of the way and spending no gold on it? Awesome! Probably drop rate will be quite low, but you are making progress towards it just by playing the game.

• unique models - there is never enough, give me MOAR!

• unique abilities

– Engineer - will come down to a numbers, general rule back in the day was no healing beams (weapons), now we are getting this beam as an ability. Is it a special Active module or is it engineers “F” module? If it is indeed “F” module, what happens to drones, it will have none?

– Ramming Fighter - lol

– Guard - description is kinda weird, will that special module replace current “F” adaptive shield?

Overall - sounds cool to me.

I can’t wait until I can build my Hunter. Xp

So is this “parts” system based off of the old ship crafting parts thing? Or is it a separate system? Can we get an example of the rarity of these parts and how many will be needed to craft a single ship? If the new Guard module uses EM damage to heal, wouldn’t that make Guards invulnerable to EM damage? Or does it simply lower the damage more than others? Also how will these new modules fit in to the game with the current “F” modules? Will they be replaced with the new things or are these genuinely new modules?

I need moar information!

Also are these new “modules” fixed-mount specials like I suggested a while ago? Like special things that only one particular ship can use?

Just a few questions regarding this:

These premiumships have the same advantages like other premiums(+2 cargo/free respawn/full synergy level)?

Second: These parts work like iridum or are they more like current Secret Project parts(so different versions)?

1. Yes.

2. Something different, unique part for one ship and no more one part for each ship.

+1 for making resources available to pvp/pve/pva loot. 

Thanks, i suppose this was expected.

Yeah, it will be made in such way, that you will have to grind for each ship 4-6 months, or buy them via Bundle containers with a “possible drop rate”. Drop rate will be probably set to very low, low or common.

Beta was over a long time ago, yet this game is still drastically changing its mechanics and going for a new way to better cash in all the available ships.

I am unsure about this. However, I cannot provide any correct assessment, until I actually see the new content.

How long is “very soon”? 3 months or 1 month?

We didn’t release it Koromac and you are already unhappy. Why you don’t like new mechanics for old roles? 

we need more monos fot it

Why?

New ships are always welcome, new possibilities as well. 

Now tell me, how long is it calculated to get active player playing 2 hours a day get enough parts to get new ship? A month? 6 months? A year? I don’t want exact time, just the answer with which timeframe I was closest :slight_smile:

Duration will be different for each ship. 

pls do missions in pvp aswell.

But we wrote that we will implement this for PvP or what do you mean?

my Hunter. Xp

no

So is this “parts” system based off of the old ship crafting parts thing? Or is it a separate system? 

Separate one.

I need moar information!

Also are these new “modules” fixed-mount specials like I suggested a while ago? Like special things that only one particular ship can use?

1. As alway, just wait :slight_smile:

2. Yep it sounds kind of similar.

When will this happen?

But we wrote that we will implement this for PvP or what do you mean?

Hm, okay, now I am interested. But it sounded like the destro parts, which are still OS / PvE only; or had “only with destro” missions.

Monos are also league, but again, not regular pvp.

Which is why when I read “COOP, PVE, PVP” I immediately connect it with missions I actually hoped are behind me or force me to do gamemodes that are really boring (to me).

So I am skeptical, out of past experience, how these missions were implemented.

no

^^

fox, the hunter sucks anyway, not enough engine slots.

I remain skeptical, but at least the devs have finally taken the hint about us not wanting to fly open space to get ship materials.

I remain skeptical, but at least the devs have finally taken the hint about us not wanting to fly open space to get ship materials.

well, at least not for these mission that is. would be nice if it also touches some existing ones.

but basicly what he says.