Developer Blog from July 6: A Look to the Future

uniqueness of the ships were often discovered by players, the character of the ship arose by the meta

new usages of ships, modules or weapons often needed months, and not all were intentional

for me, who always loved this about game design, that was always the most mysterious and beautiful part of coming up with game mechanics, that interlock and emerge into the unexpected

to put out a few game units, watch how they are used

put up a few enemies or mechanics, and watch how players adapt

respect the character the unit or mechanic gets, not only by the intention the creator had, but also by the result it created

but always and only keep those things “modular”, that actually make sense, and rather spend the time to come up with more “general modularities” to be applied

only re-work those, which seem to find no particular use, with either out of the box ideas or some general quality study.

being open, flexible and humble, while trying also to influence a certain outcome is after all the greatest experience in this

but every time i see this turned around, things stall.

which is why

4 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

Our global task is to make each ship truly unique, with an individual set of equipment, weapons or modules

this is both positive and negative for me, simply because of the broken trust i have here (I want to see less smart-braining and pre-mechanizing, less “pre-specialized modules”, because mechanics can’t dictate everything) while

Ships of lower ranks will resemble their older brothers in terms of characteristics, and get more modifier slots.

this is something i rather find good; albeit i still hope, ships going to either be modular or specialized or with less of both, have better base stats; especially if they are basicly filling a very “rudimentary” role, which can be sometimes very satisfying.

not a big fan of presculpting the uniqueness of ships or mixing the emergent gameplay approach of modules and slots with the “hero” approach of overwatch. that’s like following yesterdays’ trend or the problem i see in projects like paladins. i hope you find your own way in this. i do find, sometimes there was a good approach, like, creating the stingray out of how the wolf-m was used; but it should be used with care.

also, in overwatch, they do emphasize how much time is spent on the actual map design, creating the emergence also through that (since there is no “fitting your hero”)

An important update is incoming for the crew system. Active implants in battles will correspond to the rank of battle, and not the ship.If you join a fight against rank 10 ships on a rank 9 Nukem I, the installed implant ‘Rapidus II’ (rank 10) will work.

cool - i always wanted to see what happens like this. finally.

14 minutes ago, DeathWasp said:

People complaining about the alien ships needs to chill

many of the good things came out in the past only after people didn’t chill, while many bad things happened, as people were too chilled, too layed back, too uninterested and therefore too uninvested. sugar doesn’t counter salt at all.

and to quote anansi: anger gets s**t done.

not that i personally do not agree, that being a thankful person is in fact harder and more heroic IRL, but usually, that is done with less words and more actions.

39 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

Yea ppl are salty

SC has actually quite a civilized community, imho - in comparison to other internetz.

44 minutes ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

now you can easily get around 20 mono’s a single day

i doubt this to be true. it’s definitely easier, but 20 a day sounds rather exceptional, especially only by looting

40 minutes ago, g4borg said:

many of the good things came out in the past only after people didn’t chill, while many bad things happened, as people were too chilled, too layed back, too uninterested and therefore too uninvested. sugar doesn’t counter salt at all.

and to quote anansi: anger gets s**t done.

not that i personally do not agree, that being a thankful person is in fact harder and more heroic IRL, but usually, that is done with less words and more actions.

Well, acting like a spastic 12 year old, and making the same tread over and over again won’t do much help either, you know who I’m talking about.

You could just say, “This is not right, this ship has too much manoeuvrability with way too many beacon denial solutions, therefore you should either do some manoeuvrability nerfs or reduce the capabilities of the denial modules by this much or increase their cooldown and energy consumption so you will have a harder time combining them.” and so on, with having people agree with you in a civilised manner, rather than yelling around, posting random memes and going off-topic.Spamming “THIS GAME IS BROKEN AND P2W BALACE YOUR **** YOU ******* ******” all over is not going to help, I can guarantee that.

Of course, this only applies when making suggestions and not all the time, just to get this out of the way.

Just now, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Well, acting like a spastic 12 year old, and making the same tread over and over again won’t do much help either, you know who I’m talking about.

You could just say, “This is not right, this ship has too much manoeuvrability with way too many beacon denial solutions, therefore you should either do some manoeuvrability nerfs or reduce the capabilities of the denial modules by this much or increase their cooldown and energy consumption so you will have a harder time combining them.” and so on, with having people agree with you in a civilised manner, rather than yelling around, posting random memes and going off-topic.Spamming “THIS GAME IS BROKEN AND P2W BALACE YOUR **** YOU ******* ******” all over is not going to help, I can guarantee that.

Couldn’t have said it better.

Put into this new MM a way to declare a player don’t want to play PVP to avoid unnecessary work for the servers.

7 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

giphy.gif

HI5 M8

Im looking forward to it, im hoping for a better approach on ship releases too winkwink

54 minutes ago, g4borg said:

i doubt this to be true. it’s definitely easier, but 20 a day sounds rather exceptional, especially only by looting

You can, and ofc not only with looting, 4 with os, 4 league, and play the game like a usual player and u get 20 (at least around that number). 

Also depend of how long you play

screenshot-170706-123909.jpg.7240f7da668a8db6a2f88801bcf84ff2.jpg

pft, 20 per day. LOL Dude I’m getting roughly 30 per day when I actually grind for mono only. I got Sirius from 80 mono and did the mono grind and had Sirius a few weeks later. I am a grinder but I am not a robot so I wasn’t grinding the entire time else i’d lose my mind and trust that I got close a few times. ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

An important update is incoming for the crew system. Active implants in battles will correspond to the rank of battle, and not the ship.If you join a fight against rank 10 ships on a rank 9 Nukem I, the installed implant ‘Rapidus II’ (rank 10) will work.

Is there a typo here? Do you mean 'will NOT work"? For example, if my rank is 9, then only implants 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 will work, and NOT higher? For example, if i go to battle on rank 9, the implants 10-11-12-13-14-15 will NOT WORK??? Did you mean this?

Is there a typo here? Do you mean 'will NOT work"? For example, if my rank is 9, then only implants 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 will work, and NOT higher? For example, if i go to battle on rank 9, the implants 10-11-12-13-14-15 will NOT WORK??? Did you mean this?

6 minutes ago, inyazserg said:

How is that confusing? If you go up against a rank 10 ship and you are in a rank 9 then it will even the playing field a bit, without cheating the system too much, by giving you rank 10 crew abilities. IOW it matches the rank ship you are facing.

My question is, is it for the highest rank in the battle or the current ship you are shooting at? It seems that it is the highest rank in the battle…

Just now, Koromac said:

Just remove squad requirements/restrictions. I tried to play with friends of 3 and 4 people in T5 PvP and we didn’t get a single match in an hour! Give me a break.

NASA don’t even squad and they are all on the same side. First fix this.

QGvEKuU.jpg

Can confirm  ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

I think there is a mistake : https://star-conflict.com/en/news/1216-star-conflict-1-4-5-engineer-evolved-en

As you can see, the third picture in this link indicates that the phase one was the “return of Sirius”, the phase two for the introduction of the Waz’got alien vessel, and the next symbols is Jericho’s one.

So there is my question,will the jericho’s rank 14 destroyer “Tyrant” be the next available destroyer ( after the Sirius ) ?

Also, someone was saying empire is next but if this chart is right, then no.

2b0cd30d66f3ab0797678185b7dd.jpg.dd2da8ad938c965a8465cc037a8713ef.jpg

Tyrant is next then vigil just like the last year event.

Also I’ve been waiting for my pirate ships to get special stuff for ages. Namely Sai but the other ones too. Sai really needs a grappling hook and Grim really needs a big in-line cannon.

8 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

Our global task is to make each ship truly unique, with an individual set of equipment, weapons or modules. Ships of lower ranks will resemble their older brothers in terms of characteristics, and get more modifier slots.

I fully support your development idea’s but I cannot stress enough, only make the weapons/modules that the ships overhauled will have LIKE the original ones, do not make a laser for Achilles that deals 10,000 damage but has 5 m cool down or something like that, in order to protect the game play we must have balance. 

While you are engaged in tweaking the ship or trading in the hangar, the matchmaker will already be looking for a battle. As soon as the system picks an opponent for you, pressing the button ‘Battle’ will immediately launch your ships to meet him on different sides of the conflict in the battle.

Amazing idea, I LOVE this, right after you get in game, you just start, or when your done. 10/10.

Join Test Pilots!

Every important innovation, especially associated with large-scale tweaks of faction fleets, will be presented on mass testing servers. Come and try your hand at the updated tech, share your opinion in the comments and contribute to the development of your favourite game.

Stay tuned and see you in space!

Does this mean the server will be open semi 24/7? Eg 1 week prior to release test server is open to new changes to iron out all bugs and make sure weapons/modules are balanced. 

6 hours ago, Tillowaty said:

Yay!

Really bad idea unless unique stuff is available w/o farming resources for weeks…

I hope it will give Alien ships more “weight” than other ships.

Coz we still get this: Whoever has more aliens ships, wins.

8iEft2V.jpg

We do not need another one of these ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

I came back from the future, two years from now. They all died from Vodka poisoning! Save your money, save your time, get attention to your wives!

8 hours ago, Milfeulle said:

QGvEKuU.jpg

Can confirm  ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

REMOVE THE SQUAD RESTRICTIONS!

16 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

Our global task is to make each ship truly unique

If you guys turn this game into a hero shooter I’ll be uninstalling faster than a lightning bolt. Add new modules, not new exclusive modules…  does the lead dev plays his own game? or is he just a CEO with his mind on his money and his money on his mind?

38 minutes ago, Chernoplot said:

If you guys turn this game into a hero shooter I’ll be uninstalling faster than a lightning bolt. Add new modules, not new exclusive modules…  does the lead dev plays his own game? or is he just a CEO with his mind on his money and his money on his mind?

Ta-daaaa!