Developer Blog from January 26: New 'Sector Conquest' and Trading System

I was hoping that this trading system will be similar to steam market. With items in queue and buyers who pay always for cheapest offer from anonymous seller. If not this trading system will be for you buddies to exchange goods and give you your share from that.

10 minutes ago, lordanpu said:

I was hoping that this trading system will be similar to steam market. With items in queue and buyers who pay always for cheapest offer from anonymous seller. If not this trading system will be for you buddies to exchange goods and give you your share from that.

It may probably evolve to something similar in the future. For now we’re looking at our another project Crossout and it’s trading. The most difficult thing here is to adopt trade for a game, where it has never been before. Because in Crossout it was one of the core things right from the start of the development, so it’s easier to handle. At that moment, we’re glad to introduce the first stage of such a very anticipated feature, like trading system, in Star Conflict ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

If you don’t want to do it right why do it at all, or just postpone it when it will be finished properly, i know i know as long you will get your cut you dont care ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

26 minutes ago, CinnamonFake said:

It may probably evolve to something similar in the future. For now we’re looking at our another project Crossout and it’s trading. The most difficult thing here is to adopt trade for a game, where it has never been before. Because in Crossout it was one of the core things right from the start of the development, so it’s easier to handle. At that moment, we’re glad to introduce the first stage of such a very anticipated feature, like trading system, in Star Conflict ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I have been saying this to some peeps that asked me quite a time now. People ask how trading will be, and I immediately tell them about Crossout’s trading system. Is very simple, pretty cool in my opinion. You just pay a low tax fee that makes the market a lot more fun, since you really feel like a merchant XD I just, say, its possible that trading in SC will be very similar to Crossout’s, and if not, it will be cool anyways.

Keeping the hopes on this one, keep up the good work, devs ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

So basically we are being taxed… *prison rules in affect*

62dabb60f28847b4192d969f1add9de2.510x346

Spoiler

Don’t get your panties in a twist; its a joke. In all seriousness its about dam time ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”) EDIT:(I mean its about time we get trading in the game; the tax thing obviously i’m not a huge fan of but that could be said of the taxes that come out of my paycheck as well :P)

Well, being able to use and gain GS with items is great, now if we could have some methods to gain the said items for free, not something that will be too excessive either like tasks such as Marathons, those are not fun, at least for now but they will sure require you to work in order to deserve that GS, you can use it to get the Spatial Scanner and maybe make them available for the MCs but take out the credit drops, except the 1M Light Cell, and the Processing Blocks as well as the Screened Batteries, they are easy enough to get by farming regular ores or loot drops after games, Neodium and Beryllium can still drop as we might still need to craft destroyers, and some alien things require those too, I, like many other people around here have no idea what the rework is about so a little teaser could be helpful, I don’t mind the spoilers myself.

so If I have bunch of stuff I would like to exchange I still need to pay? Great stuff

“Minimal price” and “market tax” is an awful way of doing things. I’d much rather just be able to barter and item for another item freely. We can already do this in OS, but just not with what we have in our warehouses…

THE SELLER SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY TO SELL. THE BUYER SHOULD RECEIVE THE MARKET TAX IN ADDITION TO THE COST.

Oh and market tax should be a fixed small amount like 20GS or something at most. Percentages would become outrageous.

43 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

“Minimal price” and “market tax” is an awful way of doing things. I’d much rather just be able to barter and item for another item freely. We can already do this in OS, but just not with what we have in our warehouses…

THE SELLER SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY TO SELL. THE BUYER SHOULD RECEIVE THE MARKET TAX IN ADDITION TO THE COST.

Oh and market tax should be a fixed small amount like 20GS or something at most. Percentages would become outrageous.

As I understand it, the market fee is a percentage of Galactic Standards (GS), so always the buyer pays (like VAT). That is reasonable because the concept is commonly known and the rules are simple.

I like the way the devs designed the first stage of the trade system, because it probaply will increase the flow of GS in game, indirectly  increasing the demand of GS for real money from the bank (gaijin in regard to this currency). Prior to this the attempt was more direct: gaijin/developers offered valueable items/objects to increase demand of GS, now a classic libertarian concept is hitting our ‘Russian game forging lab’. Now they come to age out of central controlled game mode into free enterprise system!! What a step … in mindset also!

Set the rules and things in a dynamic complex system develop themselves !!! ![:00:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/00.png “:00:”) ![:001:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001.png “:001:”)

Great changes coming looking forward to them. . . keep up the good work !!

Trade system with GS may kill the game… Remember Diablo 3 auction house? When everything can be bought it lowers the motivation for hunt. You buy once or twice but then ask yourself what for? “Unique” items are not unique anymore if all boils down to GS

8 minutes ago, gheni4 said:

Trade system with GS may kill the game…

When everything can be bought it lowers the motivation for hunt. You buy once or twice but then ask yourself what for?

“Unique” items are not unique anymore if all boils down to GS

Some players have excess of modules, blueprints or ship parts  … now they can trade it for GS with players who do not have time to grind themselves.

Some players try hard to get one specific piecs (say a Gragoyle activator) but despite effort can not get it (by chance). Now they can buy from a trader who is happy to sell his excess piece of value…

Imho I think not everything will be for GS in the game, it will still depend on grind and F2P, see recent assignments. And with trade, some pro grinders will be very pleased!

Why trade for GS? Why not also trade for credits? Making this an option would help those players with credits.

Adding a tax system -_- ? True there is tax on most F2P games though in many, simple exchange of items is not taxed (aka bartering does not get taxed because it does not fall under jurisdiction of most real gov. why should Gaijin?). Feels like the gov all over again. Why try to be like the governments of the world?

[Open space, and all factions will now fall under the Gaijin “Zip code Act” thus making it all part of the “district of columbia Gaijin” and all those who accept these terms will be taxed and become chattel of the Gaijin Gov.]

I’m sure many would like to play a game and fly spaceships, not simulate what happens in real life. :) Hopefully bartering will be left alone and not taxed. :) What about giving presents? Will we be taxed for giving things away? Does this not seem cruel if we are to be taxed on such innocent acts?

Just thought about some exploits though, I guess gaijing will figure it out. If you guys would like to speak about potential exploits as well feel free to do so. We can help make this trade system simple and fair. Hopefully :).

With all due respect and without prejudice.

Regards to all.

Why trade for GS? Why not also trade for credits? Making this an option would help those players with credits.

Adding a tax system  ? True there is tax on most F2P games though in many, simple exchange of items is not taxed (aka bartering does not get taxed because it does not fall under jurisdiction of most real gov. why should Gaijin?). Feels like the gov all over again. Why try to be like the governments of the world?

[Open space, and all factions will now fall under the Gaijin “Zip code Act” thus making it all part of the “district of columbia Gaijin” and all those who accept these terms will be taxed and become chattel of the Gaijin Gov.]

I’m sure many would like to play a game and fly spaceships,  not simulate what happens in real life.  Hopefully bartering will be left alone and not taxed.  What about giving presents? Will we be taxed for giving things away? Does this not seem cruel if we are to be taxed on such innocent acts?

Just thought about some exploits though, I guess gaijing will figure it out. If you guys would like to speak about potential exploits as well feel free to do so. We can help make this trade system simple and fair. Hopefully .

Regards to all.

for anyone who can’t read pure white text

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Adding a tax system  ? True there is tax on most F2P games though in many, simple exchange of items is not taxed (aka bartering does not get taxed because it does not fall under jurisdiction of most real gov. why should Gaijin?). Feels like the gov all over again. Why try to be like the governments of the world?

I’m sure many would like to play a game and fly spaceships,  not simulate what happens in real life.  Hopefully bartering will be left alone and not taxed.  What about giving presents? Will we be taxed for giving things away? Does this not seem cruel if we are to be taxed on such innocent acts?

Just thought about some exploits though, I guess gaijing will figure it out. If you guys would like to speak about potential exploits as well feel free to do so. We can help make this trade system simple and fair. Hopefully .

Regards to all.

for anyone who can’t read pure white text

Taxes are introduced in MMO to prevent the “Decrease the community price by 1 to sell my stuff before other players”.

As for trades with GS, I think it’s a good option -> Allows to dedicated players to get a fair amount of GS totally for free. And I’m not speaking of 100 GS. 

But who knows. We might be able to sell credit for GS in the future.

Trading System should have more than one GS option.

Problem is that GS is the only currency that may be of use to developers/publisher.

In my opinion trading should allow:

• exchange of all weapons and modules, even un-researched ones for Thar’Ga

• ship parts of any kind

• components that are crafted, but not any impure ores, including monocrystals

• special rare components

Exchange price should be:

• blueprints for blueprints (cost of transaction in credits)

• blueprints for GS

• everything else - you can exchange an item of similar value, like neodium for beryllium or electrum for credits or GS

Main point is, that GS should not be THE ONLY OPTION!

If you want to exchange one item for another, credit transaction is good. GS could be alternative.

Same goes for ship parts. You can trade Reactor Package for Engine package, but you can’t Trade 1 Destroyer structure for the same package, it must be from the same destroyer category and similar in value. So, credits and GS option is good, but there are some strict rules.

In any case, if GS is the only option, which I am against it, there should be at least 1 item per day, that you can exchange without GS.

If that’s the case, then you can’t say that it’s forced, but only limited in practice.

I think that the prices of blueprints may be between 50-500 GS, 10% tax means 5-50 GS for one such transaction.

You forget one thing :

It’s not a direct trade.

It’s a “Put on sale, and wait for someone to buy it”. Which means that you can’t have more then once currency.

But with a unique currency, you can do blueprint->gs->other blueprint. 

So no need for many currencies.

Just allow to put on sale blueprints and credits, and you can do everything you asked.

In general, i’m against any tax and especially percentage tax, on the other hand im for a trade system with a minor or none GS involvement in terms of tax or simply paying the trade service and nothing more. Any and every huge cost that outweighs the service usability and prospering seems like losing should not exist, even by a mistake.

I really can’t see how the simplicity of a simple trade can go wrong, it’s not the first game with such feature but if it gets borked like Tharga is now I will be extremely disappointed, idk about the rest of you fellas.

As for the “having everything is not fun”, as a grind-machine, I would really like to have everything so i can play the game without limitations and to truly test my skills and not always have this problem of something missing all the time that could boost my gameplay experience.

And apparently, given the new (insanely awful) placement of mysterious containers, blueprints are officially a “premium” item unless you get super lucky in your daily 6 purples. So I guess that’s where this whole gig with GS and tax comes from.

On 1/26/2017 at 3:15 PM, jungfaha said:

… though in many, simple exchange of items is not taxed (aka bartering does not get taxed because it does not fall under jurisdiction of most real gov. why should Gaijin?). …

Regards to all.

Emphasis on the above. ↑  Full Poste[here](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/32620-developer-blog-from-january-26-new-sector-conquest-and-trading-system/&do=findComment&comment=390129).

Bartering, present giving, and simple exchanges should not be taxed. Selling, fine tax selling. Just don’t tax because one wants to give a present to a friend. Don’t tax because one’s friend has something they want and they have something he/she wants and we do a simple exchange. Don’t tax us for breathing nor for posting on this forum. Thank you. Tax those making profits but don’t tax those giving things away.

Regards.

In hope for a wonderfull future for the starconflict community.