Developer blog from February 13th: What Tournaments are... and what they are for.

85fb843d52bb2de1d938f18c8bb2.png

Do you want to prove to everyone that you are the best pilot of the Universe? The famous pirate baron in Felony system announces a weekly tournament for all mercenaries. Victories are rewarded with pure gold!  Want to earn respect? The baron gives you an opportunity to do so: Show what you can do in three rounds of battles with adventurers just like you! Prove that you are worthy of the reward!

Attention all pilots! The new and improved tournaments start this weekend! Tournament participants receive their rewards in Galactic Standards after the end of battle!

Tournaments will be held regularly once a week on Sundays.

During the day there will be three tournaments, at 01:00, 16:00 and 19:00 GMT.

Registration begins 10 minutes before the start of the tournament — just click on the ‘Tournament’ tab in Sector Conquest. During those 10 minutes, you will not be able to fly in other game modes.

But you definitely will not miss the moment and there will be time to discuss game tactics with your friends.

You can join the tournament:

• In a wing of up to 8 people;

• In a squad of any number of people;

• As a single pilot.

83e813f8730894150078af77a464.png

The system will automatically analyse and distribute the teams.

At the beginning of the registration and the start of the tournament a special announcement will be broadcast to game chat! Do not miss it!

One battle is limited to 8 minutes (team deathmatch).

Your task is to win as many battles as you can. One round — one battle. All teams take part in three rounds. The team to win all three fights receives 250 GS for each pilot. In addition, for each subsequent victory pilots get bonuses to synergy and credits gain. Fewer wins — smaller bonuses. Everything is transparent and simple.

For each subsequent victory pilots get the following bonuses to synergy and credits:

• 0 wins: + 0%

• 1 win: + 50%

• 2 ​​wins: + 100%

• 3 wins: + 200%

After a defeat the bonus is not reset.

Tournament participants receive their rewards in Galactic Standards after the end of battle:

• 0 wins: 0 GS

• 1 win: 50 GS

• 2 wins:100 GS

• 3 wins: 250 GS

Earn 250 Galactic Standards in half an hour — where else is it possible for a casual player?

What is the gamemode of the tournament?

Is it possible to add/move time to saturday for those who are not free on sunday?

Is it tier 3, 4 or 5? Or is it different every week?

The little highlighted tournament window says rank 7-9 so probably tier 3.

What is the gamemode of the tournament?

So basically it is sector sweep, but with GS rewards and only on Sunday?

So we will have the same unbalanced matches of an 8-man wing vs 8x single pilots? I was kinda hoping everyone would have to queue up solo and you were assigned a wing according to usual PVP team balancing rules.

Oh well hopefully it will get more corps to form wings! But atm I am just seeing it as an ESB gold farming opportunity…

Okay, this has caught my attention. I rather like that it’s T3 - opens it up to more people, without “diluting” Sector Conquest. Also shakes it up nicely. :slight_smile:

Interesting that this tournament is not only for groups, but that you can join as a single pilot. So this new feature really gets to ‘all’ pilots. Also, Tier 3 is not so hard, perhaps a bit boring to veterans. However, it is accessible to most pilots.

so if you live in a GMT minus zone does that mean 1AM sunday GMT is actually on saturday night?

For example if I live in GMT-7 then the 1st tournament will take place at 6pm on satuday?

Yes, Efefay. That’s how I understand it. For example, 01:00 GMT means for me 02:00 AM in the night, because I live in GMT+1

so if you live in a GMT minus zone does that mean 1AM sunday GMT is actually on saturday night?

For example if I live in GMT-7 then the 1st tournament will take place at 6pm on satuday?

Yeah, since I Live in Canada (in -5 region) the 01:00 one is at 20:00 on Saturday for me.

This is not 250GS for half an hour. It’s 250GS for 7 days and even then, the 250 isn’t guaranteed. Have tournaments going all the time and this is true. Otherwise, you are lying to your audience.

This is not 250GS for half an hour. It’s 250GS for 7 days and even then, the 250 isn’t guaranteed. Have tournaments going all the time and this is true. Otherwise, you are lying to your audience.

Free GS is free GS, take it or leave it.

It is 250GS for 30 minutes of playing a game and playing it well. Please don’t complain about free things.

Ok I was in a wing and get put into a match as solo… Then I get matched against 2 full wings, so far. Fix and balance the MM. 2 straight losses.

So first feedback for the new tournament system.

It is just as bad as Sector Sweep and will probably die just like Sector Sweep did.  There is no way that 8 randoms with no comms can fight against a full 8-man wing  on TS.  That was just a slaughter, and will discourage anyone from flying it.  This time there were 8 teams, because it’s t3, it’s new, and there was a possibility of GS.  I bet that this time next week, there will be only 4, and the week after there will only be one full wing of STORM/SRS/ESB, against a squad of randoms, and then the week after that, noone at all.  Even the lure of GS cannot convince someone to take part in that massacre, especially once they realise they are just being farmed by bigger corps.

Solutions:

-Make everyone queue up solo, and put them into random teams.  Then we will see fair matches.

-Make it so only 8-man wings can queue up

-Or even better: run two seperate tournaments: one for full wings, and one for solo pilots

Either way in it’s current system, it is unplayable

A pretty much full SRS team rolled 2 pugs teams and 1 actual wing. Fix the Mm. Posted bug report.

I’m not even sure if I got my GS for my 1 win.

FIX THE MM!

There were 12 teams participating

at least 4 of them were 7-8 man teams, assuming there were only 4, there were 8 teams of only randoms or small squads.

Sorry millan, but your suggestion does not make sense

we already have PvP for that, you force everyone go solo you eliminate any sense and point of the “TOURNAMENT”

We had 2 games vs 8 man wing and 3rd game vs 2x 4 man teams

DOnt forget that there is some matching in place - team that win 1st round gonna be placed against a team that won their 1st round, and so on

There were 12 teams participating

at least 4 of them were 7-8 man teams, assuming there were only 4, there were 8 teams of only randoms or small squads.

we already have PvP for that, you force everyone go solo you eliminate any sense and point of the “TOURNAMENT”

DOnt forget that there is some matching in place - team that win 1st round gonna be placed against a team that won their 1st round, and so on

In the beginning we start with 8 and slowly got more every round if I’m not mistaken.

Mill posted multiple suggestions. ‘Cuz Mill said so’

More can be done that a simple algorithm. Obviously nobody had any wins at the start but somehow a wing went against a pug team in Round 1.

In other words, there can be more complex matchmaking than that simple algorithm. The MM can set it up like this (assuming no team has any wins):

Wing Vs Wing and Pug Vs Pug.

But will the developers listen? NO! I am having a control seething right now.

85fb843d52bb2de1d938f18c8bb2.png

Do you want to prove to everyone that you are the best pilot of the Universe? The famous pirate baron in Felony system announces a weekly tournament for all mercenaries. Victories are rewarded with pure gold!  Want to earn respect? The baron gives you an opportunity to do so: Show what you can do in three rounds of battles with adventurers just like you! Prove that you are worthy of the reward!

Attention all pilots! The new and improved tournaments start this weekend! Tournament participants receive their rewards in Galactic Standards after the end of battle!

Tournaments will be held regularly once a week on Sundays.

During the day there will be three tournaments, at 01:00, 16:00 and 19:00 GMT.

Registration begins 10 minutes before the start of the tournament — just click on the ‘Tournament’ tab in Sector Conquest. During those 10 minutes, you will not be able to fly in other game modes.

But you definitely will not miss the moment and there will be time to discuss game tactics with your friends.

You can join the tournament:

• In a wing of up to 8 people;

• In a squad of any number of people;

• As a single pilot.

83e813f8730894150078af77a464.png

The system will automatically analyse and distribute the teams.

At the beginning of the registration and the start of the tournament a special announcement will be broadcast to game chat! Do not miss it!

Your task is to win as many battles as you can. One round — one battle. All teams take part in three rounds. The team to win all three fights receives 250 GS for each pilot. In addition, for each subsequent victory pilots get bonuses to synergy and credits gain. Fewer wins — smaller bonuses. Everything is transparent and simple.

For each subsequent victory pilots get the following bonuses to synergy and credits:

• 0 wins: + 0%

• 1 win: + 50%

• 2 ​​wins: + 100%

• 3 wins: + 200%

After a defeat the bonus is not reset.

Tournament participants receive their rewards in Galactic Standards after the end of battle:

• 0 wins: 0 GS

• 1 win: 50 GS

• 2 wins:100 GS

• 3 wins: 250 GS

Earn 250 Galactic Standards in half an hour — where else is it possible for a casual player?

Why do you choose a day when i can never play? :frowning:

Saturday would be best for everyone i think. I mean it’s like the most wonderful day ever. it’s saturday. Saturday literally means happiness. 

Except that three battles with the same group of randoms allows you to build up teamwork.

On our first match, the one we won, it was 8 randoms vs 8 randoms.  I took the lead and typed stuff in chat, and we managed to keep grouped up, not push too far forward, fall back when needed etc.  I was pinging targets and people followed.  It worked really nicely!  A couple more matches like that, and we would have formed a nice team.  Instead, no, on our second match we got put against a full wing and everything we had built broke up.  I think my first suggestion does therefore make sense: put people in a wing, give them 10 min or so to talk strategy, like in an “orange” group chat (which I wasn’t able to do here).   Obviously there are language barriers, but that can be overcome by pinging targets etc.

Yes I had forgotten about this.  This does make it kindof fairer.  Is it made so that in the first round, there cannot be random vs full wing?