Developer blog from April 24th: Battle of Dreadnoughts, Guide

Starting with Star Conflict version 1.1.3 corporations can establish control over locations on the global map. Captured locations will bring additional profits to their owners.

02ec248276bf190ecffa02ab2264.png

A dreadnought is a must-have for a corporation to take part in location capture. Corporation CEO and VPs can control dreadnought construction and upgrades. They also make strategic decisions like choosing a location to attack or defend.

c6c91c9190c75156e30503a5f676.png

Pilots take part in planned battles and accumulate resources for construction. Players without corporations cant take part in battles by being recruited by the defenders. Battle results and new location owners are displayed on the global map.

42a298fbc349ad9d9c5c7241a662.png

Let’s see how the capture process looks.
To see corporation battles on the map, press the button in the bottom right corner.

847f291754f97dcdd056ba8ee291.png

All locations on global map apart from capitals, docks and locations with Alien portals can be captured. To capture a location, bring up the context menu with a right-click. Then announce the attack.

7d2726108b0a905f512e4190ac7a.png

Green arrow shows the dreadnought warp-jump direction.

ddaba9399072d4ebc58bf7cfe53a.png

Each location has a special income value generated for owning it.

badadb3dabea63efb1572e3b8c29.png

Announcing attack:

There are three time zones: European, American and Russian. Every corporation with a Dreadnought, depending on its size, has an ability to attack 1 to 4 sectors at the same time.

f503c186f95cbebeff6d64db192a.png

Location capture:

Every location has a defence value. From the start all of the locations are free and do not belong to anyone, therefore current value equals 0.

Here is how location defence value can be increased:

1. Location capture increases location defence value by 60 points.
  2. If chosen location belongs to one corporati on for 24 hours, location defence value increases by 10  points a day.
  3. 5 points are added to the location defence value if a corporate Dreadnought is present in the location during the attack.

The maximum location defence value is 100. If a dreadnought is stationed in a location, the number increases to 130.

af84f876c6c19fa0c1190f26b983.png

There are various possible scenarios:

1. When location is not owned by any corporation and only one corporation is participating in the capture — location is captured automatically.

2. When a location is not owned by any corporation and it has more than one attacker (not more than 8 attackers for one location) they are fighting each other using play-off principle. The winner Corporation gets the location.

a6d6d5e03c6e0c428c941302e5b1.png

If a location is already owned by a Corporation then current location capture is performed in 2 stages.

First stage is Assault — all attackers engage the defenders.

55a9b1c2b086de123e7f8b5e7851.png

Defenders can put forward any number of wings, including hiring players from other corporations or with no corporation at all.

383461991d8f70ca4e555c22ccc7.png

• If the defender wins a battle, the loser leaves the tournament. Location defence does not change.

• If the defender lost (or did not queue), location defence is reduced by 10 pts.

• If the defender failed to put forward a defending wing, location defence is reduced by 10 pts. for each attacking wing. Attackers with no defenders fight each other in pairs.

If the defenders lost, second battle stage begins.

Second phase uses the play-off principle. Only the winners of the 1st phase can participate.

Then the new location owner is determined.

ff00b7596d42d77677cd6d6c3fc8.png

WOW, no wonder it took so long.

Details, details, details.

Pilots take part in planned battles and accumulate resources for construction.

Players without corporations cant take part in battles by being recruited by the defenders.

Does this actually mean:

Players without corporations can only take part in battles by being recruited by the defenders?

meaning they cannot take part, except if they are recruited by the defenders?

because the can’t in that sentence is a bit confusing. typo? :slight_smile:

thank you for explaining, this clears up the process a lot.

nice video explanation

dreadnaaouuuwt

I think it is better to put 2 times per group ex federation 2.00 GMT and 18.00 GMT .empire 20.00 GMT and 12 GMT so pilots can make wing no matter what time zone he lives.

Does this actually mean:

Players without corporations can only take part in battles by being recruited by the defenders?

It’s just a typo. It is as you guessed. Without a corporation, you can only take part in the battle, if you are invited by some corporation to join the WING as a defender.

here is how expensive this game mode really is:

Today I had to burnt ~2500 iridium today so corp can send wing but I cant play this so waited dreadnought battle/sector conquest with those odd times.

And the rewards came from a sector is what ? so little & its just for once a day & next day you’ll have chance to lose the sector.

So what i see now current situation -

• You spend for each wing & get little. you spend Iridium for credits sectors. why anyone need those credits in spending of Iridium ? There should charge credits to send wings for credits. And yes charge GS to send wing to GS sector. Its fair enough & guts to send wings. But current situation player give more get less. Make in fair like old time, rewards comes in mail & it’ll expires after a time limit.

• The Time zone is odd, not all player can make the universal time you made for dreadnought battle. Players have real life, some cant be online as you made the universal time. This thing need rework.

• The dreadnought cost a lot. The Dreadnought should be visible to all players whenever a corporation owned a sector, park it somewhere in the sector not need to be functional but not worse like that 2d image in each station. It’ll be more worth for those corp players if they can able to dock in the map owned.

Today I had to burnt ~2500 iridium today so corp can send wing but I cant play this so waited dreadnought battle/sector conquest with those odd times.

And the rewards came from a sector is what ? so little & its just for once a day & next day you’ll have chance to lose the sector.

• You spend for each wing & get little. you spend Iridium for credits sectors. why anyone need those credits in spending of Iridium ? There should charge credits to send wings for credits. And yes charge GS to send wing to GS sector. Its fair enough & guts to send wings. But current situation player give more get less. Make in fair like old time, rewards comes in mail & it’ll expires after a time limit.

• The Time zone is odd, not all player can make the universal time you made for dreadnought battle. Players have real life, some cant be online as you made the universal time. This thing need rework.

• The dreadnought cost a lot. The Dreadnought should be visible to all players whenever a corporation owned a sector, park it somewhere in the sector not need to be functional but not worse like that 2d image in each station. It’ll be more worth for those corp players if they can able to dock in the map owned.

I agree with you. Also, we should be able to dock on our Shipyard’s base as well.

Here is how awesome current system works:

Limit of attacks on single sector is 8, so this bs happens and others that CAN come and play are NOT allowed to:

tlpsWyg.png

Y6Li8Uk.png

Then we attack in hopes to get some games, other sector:

we PAY 2500 IRIDIUM TO MAKE THIS ATTACK

and we could possibly field second wing for another 2500, glad we didnt

lkpwxqP.png

Lfk1yaO.png

ncie 2500 to do 10% dmg, in 24 hours that sector will regain more than we did.

Taking into account what kostian sayed, this system should allow the capture of a sector from a single attacking corp. Iridum cost (to make an attack) should be reduced as well.

I had planned for a second Arch wing to show up but almost half the players who committed to show up for the attack didn’t come online. Plus we had to defend our sector so we had a wing dedicated to that too. I was furious. Still am. But I learned my lesson from that day and the days before (where I committed Arch to 4 attacks because the system was explained so poorly and I didn’t understand how it worked) and I have no intention of committing Arch to future attacks we can’t substantiate. I would suggest other corporations do the same.

I don’t have a solution. It’s a very deep and complex problem and most solutions will cause problems of their own.

Then again, if Dreads were a Custom Battle option, players could just run those when their opponents didn’t show. It would at least soften the blow of all of this.

I had planned for a second Arch wing to show up but almost half the players who committed to show up for the attack didn’t come online. Plus we had to defend our sector so we had a wing dedicated to that too. I was furious. Still am. But I learned my lesson from that day and the days before (where I committed Arch to 4 attacks because the system was explained so poorly and I didn’t understand how it worked) and I have no intention of committing Arch to future attacks we can’t substantiate. I would suggest other corporations do the same.

I don’t have a solution. It’s a very deep and complex problem and most solutions will cause problems of their own.

Then again, if Dreads were a Custom Battle option, players could just run those when their opponents didn’t show. It would at least soften the blow of all of this.

holy christ, our last dread battle was ended horribly since HARDLY ANYONE HAD ANY REAL EXPERIENCE WITH THIS STUFF.

we tried to study off your Vs CCCP Dread Battle #2 video, but that did not help worth jack.

holy christ, our last dread battle was ended horribly since HARDLY ANYONE HAD ANY REAL EXPERIENCE WITH THIS STUFF.

we tried to study off your Vs CCCP Dread Battle #2 video, but that did not help worth jack.

What strategies work and what don’t in actual battle wasn’t what I was angry about. Learning the new game mode takes time, our strategy has changed three times over in the last four games. We’re still working on new ones and adapting to those of our opponents’.

Just keep playing and keep fighting. You may help pioneer something.

All I need to say is that this still needs a lot of work. Iridium costs definitely need to be revisited, as very few corps in this game can sustain that heavy usage.

Adding dreadnought battles as an option for custom battles would be nice, as it would give corps a chance to learn the gamemode, instead of jumping in blindly.

Does this actually mean:

Unemployed mercenaries (players with no Corporation) can play only for defence. Pilots within corporation (employed players) can play for attack only for their corporation and defense for ANY corporations, but they need to be invited.

Prices are being reviewed, same as loot and it would be changed. About times - currently we are not planning to change it. As you said players have lives and there are different timezones, therefore. currently no changes for the time for now. About visible Dreads - we are discussing it and ways of how this could be implemented to the game.

About poor show up - those are organizational questions, ie. devs can’t influence that. Try to manage differently next time and for sure you would be able to figure something out.

All I need to say is that this still needs a lot of work. Iridium costs definitely need to be revisited, as very few corps in this game can sustain that heavy usage.

Adding dreadnought battles as an option for custom battles would be nice, as it would give corps a chance to learn the gamemode, instead of jumping in blindly.

Prices are being rewised and looked through. Please be patient, everything would be fixed in the mean time.

Removed by Author 

Unemployed mercenaries (players with no Corporation) can play only for defence. Pilots within corporation (employed players) can play for attack only for their corporation and defense for ANY corporations, but they need to be invited.

Prices are being reviewed, same as loot and it would be changed. About times - currently we are not planning to change it. As you said players have lives and there are different timezones, therefore. currently no changes for the time for now. About visible Dreads - we are discussing it and ways of how this could be implemented to the game.

About poor show up - those are organizational questions, ie. devs can’t influence that. Try to manage differently next time and for sure you would be able to figure something out.

Prices are being rewised and looked through. Please be patient, everything would be fixed in the mean time.

And still nothing about custom dread battles.

Heck, why not give us a custom battle to practice this? Please? Like the tourney practice battles (Team Death Match in PvP and Custom Games)?

My suggestion:

Game basic:

1. Review the cost of an attack, simply too much, perhaps add repair cost instead

2. Review the reward, may allow exponential growth on defending, and the one takes over may carry some of that, depends on how many teams are attacking at the same time

3. Custom battle allows corporations to practice (may require a fee or invest in a module)

4. Travelling should require refuelling in between, which means they should not skip stops

5. Penalty for having too many base, such as reduce in defense

Alliance:

1. Allow alliance (more strategy), an alliance concurred neighbour sectors should have additional gain, including rewards (economic), defensive number

2. Allow alliance to have a sub wing into the fight (8 + 4 + 4 vs 8 + 4 + 4), alliance may not able to capture, but replace half of PvE or as gunner in the Dread.

Government:

1. Government should able to attack and concur back their place, and randomly call (pay) players from different corporations for attack (if government wins, the area goes back to 0 defense, but they can only attack area within their sectors).

Modules?

1. Too much focus in capturing the control tower, there should be another way to win (maybe lack of module in the current stage?).

2. There is no back line, the spawn area can be camped, and lack of strategy to turn things around from the game (maybe lack of module in the current stage?).

Edit:

Perhaps under Modules:

Allow wing leader to use a tactical/situational service, require 1 min cast time and cooldown with 2 min (affect both side):

1. Radar jam for 30 seconds

2. Solar storm for 30 seconds (reduce speed an manoeuvring by 50%)

3. Barrier for 30 seconds (a barrier came into the middle to block both side attacking for 30 seconds)

4. Tower recapture for 30 seconds (allow recapture your own area for)

5. Increase capturing ability for 30 seconds on a specific beacon (increase by 50%)

etc.

These suggestions may need balancing.

And still nothing about custom dread battles.

Heck, why not give us a custom battle to practice this? Please? Like the tourney practice battles (Team Death Match in PvP and Custom Games)?

Do you know that this takes time to make? Even if they decided to add this due to the amount of people demanding it, it would take a lot of time to make it…